Start by marking “True to the Game II (True to the Game #2)” as Want to Read:
True to the Game II (True to the Game #2)

True to the Game II (True to the Game #2)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  3,033 ratings  ·  96 reviews
TRUE TO THE GAME II will pick up where True to the Game left off-- with one difference, Gena is now seeing a new guy named Jay. Little does Gena know that the man she has fallen in love with, so soon after Quadir's death, is his archrival, Jerrell Jackson. Unfortunately, Jerrell is determined to get his revenge against Quadir's crew and he'll start with Gena.
Published November 1st 2007 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about True to the Game II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True to the Game II

Natikwa Goodwin
Like normally, the sequel is never better then the first one. This book was fairly okay but like I said the first one was much better. There were many times throughout the book that I had gotten confused. Many times would include the transitions between the portions of the book that included the scenes with the officers and drug dealers and the scenes that included Gena.
The ending of the book had started to become very predictable, with the tiny hints thrown in between sentences, from the strang
4|shaqdaddy|
Reading “True To The Game,” really felt realistic in a way that drew my attention into reading more of the story because I could relate to most of the scenery in Philadelphia. For example, I may come across a homeless cocaine addict on the street begging for money, or row homes filled with friendly neighbors that greet you as you walk into your home. As I was reading this wonderful story, certain chapters had me reminiscing on my past in the summer because I could remember my Uncle and his frien ...more
Shaleena
Reading this again for the second time. I was feeling the pain for Gena after Qua got killed. But I was happy that she found the money. I was mad with Gena because she was so blinded by wanting to be loved that she didn't do a background check on Jerrell. I read part 2 and 3 on yesterday and I was mad that she let him get so close so quickly. She knew that he didn't have as much as Qua but I still would have thought he would try to use me for my money. But here again this just a book and she did ...more
Shanae
Too heavy on the police literature, but since it all works out in the end, I can say I didn't mind it too much. I thought there were a lot of extra conversations that really weren't necessary, like Gena's talk with the hairstylists and other women in the beauty salon. The information could have been described by Woods and not completely spelled out for readers. The information became complex with so many characters. It read like a movie scene but this isn't a movie scene.

Gena's character was too
TanaziaAC5
This Book Was SOOOOO Good . I Loved this Book because It Kept Me Intrested And Kept Me Wanting to Read More.
In this Book it Continued From TRUE TO THE GAME 1 and It did that Very Well . In this Book Gina ( a regular Project girl) Who Was Engaged To Quadir ( The Hustler From Around the Block) Moved Up to A GHETTO Faboulous Life . BIG HOUSE NICE CARS JEWLERY CLOTHES SHOPPING SPAS HAIR DONE NAILS DONE ! Quadir Tragically Dies From A Fight In A Club With His Rivals And Got shot. Gena Was Literally L
Vaughn Weldon
Karizma D
This book was about Gena one of the main character from the last book. Well she found Quadir's stash of millions and has decided to finally move on with life and start over. Gena meets someone named Jerrel but little does she know Jerrel was the one who killed Quadir. He just see's her as someone who he can hit an then leave. Once Jerrel finds out that Gena has millions he then tries to kill her and take all the money. But what Jerrel doesn't know is Gena is having his baby. THe night Jerrel tri ...more
Susu
The book that I just finished reading was True to the game II by Teri woods. The book is a fictional story. The theme is a person has a lot of money that person is tempted to do whatever it takes to keep it.

In the book there is a woman name Gena who has a lot of money. For her to get to where she is now its cost her a lot. She used to have a man of her life who’s name was Quadir, who used to have alot of money too. Well after he was murder by a man name Jerrel Gena took all his money and now sh
OOSA
Know When To Fold Them

TRUE TO THE GAME II picks up with a still mourning Gena and a trunkful of money. She doesn't stay sad for long as good Samaritan Jerrell enters the picture. What a cruel hand fate has dealt. Unbeknown to Gena, Jerrell is the very man that took her fiancé, Quadir, from her.

Teri is brave. I'll give her that. TRUE TO THE GAME, whether she actually wrote it or not though it bears her name, is a book that can hold its own. Coming up with a continuing storyline that stays "true"
Ms.Toni
The Gig Is Up!

WOW! Let me say that again...WOW! At the outset, the anticipation of TRUE TO THE GAME II promises a gritty follow-up to its predecessor. What it delivers is a yawning bore.

Gena is adjusting to life without Quadir. With Quadir's money and a new man in the picture, things are looking up. Or are they?

TRUE TO THE GAME II is both disappointing and boring. I came into this book with high expectations based on book one. But as the book unfolds, the drama and action are few and far betwe
Zarinah
This book is so much better focused then the first book! I really wasnt motivated to read book 2 until the local library had it and I said what the hay! And boy am I happy I read book 2 Ms Woods has a vivid imagination and it flows so easily. I got so caught up in this book I flew through it and the pages flew by. In this story Gena has close to 20 million and is being followed she is scared and runs into the hands of snake a wolf that plans to cox the money out of her. There are 2 side stories ...more
Tianna
Can't beat someone at their own game when they created it - Jay , This book was about Gena's life after Quadir died. Everyone thought she wouldnt make it , she didnt know either. She was so use to this big lavish lifestyle and having the richest man on her arms. Ater Quadir died in a drug related shooting , Gena was forced to move out of their home, give up her pretty jewels , name brand clothing and exclusive cars. Accroding to Quadir's will Gena was intitled to nothing at all , everything they ...more
Samantha Boyd
By page 2 of true to the game 2, I was hooked. Gena is working on getting herself back into the game, and ends up hooking up with the one man she should be avoiding. We cringe impotently as we see what is happening, but since Gena doesn’t have the same omniscient perspective, she can’t see where she is heading, nor the true identity of her new man.

true to the game 2 continues to explore the hidden underworld of drug lords, crime, and cops in Philly. This second novel shows us the law enforcemen
Chas
True to the Game II, I have been waiting for this book since I read True to the Game. I've been on many different websites for book reviews and I just want to say that regardless of the negativity of the book I really enjoyed it. New Characters are brought into Gina's life and there are some old characters that you will remember also. It just goes into details as far as Gina is concerned and some new discoveries that will have you going WHAT!!!!!!! LOL(I am trying not to give it away). That's w ...more
Lizzie Winns
This is the second installment of "TRUE TO THE GAME" It Picked back up at Gina starting a new life with a new man, But she doesn't realize she is sleeping with the enemy.... This book was full of explosive moments and holding your breath moments... I read/listened to this book in a couple of hours, that's how good it was.... well on to the next book in the series.
Candice Collison
Part 2 got better and I read this book in 1 day, just to get to part 3.
Littlej
It was a good book almost died when I found out her boyfriend was still alive
Nadia Simmons
One of my favorite urban fiction series. Sad to see it ened
Alfred Thompson
Really Enjoyed the book
D-nice
awesome book
Latrese Robinson
great book
Ashti
Although i still haven't read True to the Game, TRUE TO THE GAME II picks up where True to the Game left off (i read backwards--tee hee) with one difference, Gena is now seeing a new guy named Jay. Little does Gena know that the man she has fallen in love with, so soon after Quadir's death, is his archrival, Jerrell Jackson. Unfortunately, Jerrell is determined to get his revenge against Quadir's crew and he'll start with Gena.

Hahaha ha ha ha (laugh like an evil villain)!!!
*~CONN!3~
This story is classic, one of the best reads in it's time....this boy had me so emotional with tears, OMG it was a great read. Granted I read it when it 1st dropped in paperback...but it holds tight as an Awesome read.
I may even get it on my KINDLE just 4 G.P LOVED IT!!....................OH my bad!!!....hold the press.. I THOT THIS WAS "TRUE 2 THE GAME" PART 1.................sorry I got ahead of myself, oops!
Alexis *Reality Bites*
This book is waaay better than the first i liked the s/l, i thought Gena grew just a little. It's very hard to go on after the lost of someone you love she managed the best way she could imo.
This book was crazy you got Philly PD trying to take down the Drug Lord's, a girl being stalked or so she thinks,a twisted killer on the loose, and 20 Million Dollars being sought after.
Tina
I read True to the Game when it first came out. Enjoyed it very much. Saw that a sequel had finally been released. Purchased it. It was over before it even began. Too much focus on things that are irrelevant to the progression of the story. Character traits changing. The ending was HORRIBLE. Teri Woods had her one shot with True to the Game but she fell way short on this.
Adriana
In this book there was a lot of foreshadowing involved. There were also situations in which irony was involved also. I really, really enjoyed reading this book. I think I can read it again. I enjoyed reading it so much for the fact that it was so realistic & I have heard of similar stories, which made me relate to this book.
Shekia
this book picks up where number one leaves off. Gena meets a new guy, Jerrell, she think can replace Quadirs place because he was no longer in her life. she doesnt realize thatthe man she thinks she about to love is Quadirs enemy and wanted to kill him. Quadir comes to life and kills Jerrell
Khyrra
Where do I begin???? This story picks up where it left off. This story had me bound until the very end and I can't wait to get delivery of True to the Game III because I think Quadir is still alive and I can't wait to read how Gena reacts to seeing the love of her life return from the dead. ;0)
  • Forever a Hustler's Wife (A Hustler's Wife, #2)
  • Bitch Reloaded (Bitch, #2)
  • Moth to a Flame
  • Mina's Joint
  • Thug Matrimony (Thug #3)
  • B-More Careful: Meow Meow Productions Presents
  • Life After Wifey (Wifey Series, #3)
  • Drama... Another Man's Girl
  • Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)
  • Crack Head (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
True to the Game by author and publisher Teri Woods has been undisputedly titled a classic. While working as a legal secretary for a law firm and juggling motherhood in Philadelphia, PA, Teri Woods completed her first novel, True to the Game. Teri Woods submitted her story over a period of six years to more than 20 different publishers, all of whom rejected her. When major publishing houses refuse ...more
More about Teri Woods...

True to the Game (3 books)
  • True to the Game (True to the Game #1)
  • True to the Game III (True to the Game #3)
True to the Game (True to the Game #1) Dutch (Dutch Trilogy, #1) True to the Game III (True to the Game #3) Dutch II: Angel's Revenge (Dutch Trilogy #2) Deadly Reigns (Deadly Reigns #1)