Start by marking “The Darkness (Henry Parker, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Darkness (Henry Parker, #5)

The Darkness (Henry Parker #5)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  22 reviews
A young man is found murdered, his bones crushed nearly to dust before his body was dumped into New York's East River

In New York there are hundreds of murders a year, but this one is different. Somebody is sending a message. And shockingly, the victim has ties to my brother, Stephen Gaines, recently murdered by an elusive drug lord known only as the Fury.

For years this kin
Published November 17th 2009 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about The Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkness

This is 5th book in the Henry Parker series by Jason Pinter and by no means is it a stand alone book. It is the follow-up to the previous book, The Fury (Henry Parker Novels). You can read this book without having read The Fury, but there will be a lot of details lost and I would think a lot of added confusion. The Fury was a poorly edited book and difficult for me to get through, so I cannot recommend it, so that makes it difficult for me to recommend this book as well. It is written much bette ...more
Clay
My favorite of the three Pinter books I've read. The plot was more suspensful, original, and twisting than the others, and even had some historical basis. The characters were also slightly more developed, though still very stereotypical.

Overall, a fun read that kept the pages turning. I really wish I could give 3.5 stars but I'll round up here and say it could be a good introduction to the Henry Parker series.
Shannon
This is my new favorite of the Henry Parker novels.

The book has some rather intense violence up front and as a squeamish reader, I was a bit worried. But, Pinter doesn't disappoint and the violence serves its purpose without becoming gratuitous.

THE DARKNESS has the luxury of being far enough along in the series that most of the characters have been well developed leaving the story itself to take center stage. Though, the further development of Jack, in particular, is a delight and I love his ro
Crystal Starr Light
"This drug sounds like it's already swimming in the city's bloodstream"

NOTE: I received this book as part of the Amazon Vine Program

Henry Parker's unknown half-brother, Stephen Gaines, was killed and he thinks it has something to do with the drug lord, known only as The Fury. So he and his mentor and (in)famous reporter, Jack O'Donnell begin the investigation. Meanwhile, Paulina, a rival reporter, has been blackmailed into working with these people.

I Liked:
The opening sequence is pure adrenaline
Sheila Beaumont
In this fast-paced thriller, New York Gazette reporter Henry Parker and his newly sober, recovering-alcoholic mentor, Jack O'Donnell, are on the trail of a mysterious, ingenious, totally ruthless drug lord known as the Fury, who is masterminding a New York City cartel that's distributing a dangerous, extremely addictive designer drug called the Darkness. This criminal ringleader has no compunctions about brutally killing anyone who might interfere with the organization's plans.

There's plenty of
Cheryl
This book continues the story from the prior novel, The Fury. As we learned in the last book, Henry learned that he had a brother named Stephen Gaines. Henry and Stephen’s relationship was very short as Stephen was murdered. The prime suspect is none other then Henry Parker’s father. Henry must clear his father’s name before it is too late. Luckily for Henry, his old mentor, Jack O’Donnell has agreed to help.

Paulina Cole, Henry’ rival has been kidnapped. She was released later but on one condit
Roberta
This book didn't pique my interest until I was about halfway through it. I only wish the author would've written the entire book with the intense fervor which he successfully accomplished in the second half of same.

The author has chosen Henry Parker, a newspaper reporter, as the main character in his novels. Henry is attempting to learn who killed his brother. He recognizes it has something to do with his brother's elevated involvement in the distribution of street drugs. He's assisted in his in
Elvia
It started slow and I didn't realize it was a series but I went in and delved into the story any way. There was a sense that I missed something somewhere alone the line which can be typical of reading a book outside of the series. It could be violent but this is what I liked the best. I liked the pacing of the book. It was running pretty quick and it was interesting enough.

It was about a reporter trying to uncover the next big story which turns out to be the deaths of several drug dealers and su
Mirella Grace
Ini buku bener bener nyambung dari seri sebelumnya. Tetep aja keren, secara di buku ini jadi ketauan dalang narkoba kelas kakap, di mana kakak tiri Henry kerja jadi pengedar dan tewas dibunuh.

Sementara si Paulina Cole? Tetep aja menyebalkan dengan gaya tengilnya itu. Tapi, tau rasa dia pas ada orang yang mengancam kehidupan anak gadisnya. Tapi... Canggih banget tuh konspirasi gembong narkoba. Bikin plot sedemikian rupa, sampe si Cole, Henry ama Jack O'Donnel kelimpungan nyari sumbernya.

Akhir ce
Julie
Good story. I really love the Henry Parker series. You definitely need to read The Fury first. I would recommend reading the whole series in order. I thought there were scary and probably realistic insights into the drug trade. (I don't want to give away the ending but I was upset.)
Gloria Bernal
Local: Manhattan/New York. Fast paced, action packed. Professional desperate men in financial ruin due to today's economic hard times are drawn in by the lure of fast easy money. Drug related crime novel packs a whollup. This novel is preceded by The Fury, I didn't read it and enjoyed this just fine. He covers what we need to know from the prequel. In this one Henry Parker, journalist for the NY Gazette and his mentor Jack O'Donnell, his girlfriend Amanda and his buddy cop Curt unravel evil in N ...more
Lynn Demsky
This is the first time I've read anything by Jason Pinter and it was a good book! Fast paced, quick and great--didn't want to put down book! I really enjoyed how reporters really handled the whole story! I thought the plot was interesting different and scary so, GREAT summer read! Will read the others by him.
Kelly Barhorst
Another good book of the Henry Parker Series. Read this one real quick, continues on issues that are a part of the book before this one called The Fury.
Pauline
Average read for me. This series just doesn't seem to deliver what it should, always seems to be something missing.
Heather
Good, fast-paced thriller, but drug on a little towards the end. I still love Pinter’s books.
Del Brown

Took awhile to get going... But it finished off with a bang :)
Lou4short2000
Fast easy read. Well spun story. Very believable
Corky
I really enjoy Jason Pinter and Henry Parker! and Amanda!
Ashley Jeffers
All I have to say is... Loved it!!!
Lisa
Lisa added it
Nov 18, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
  • Vengeance Road (Jack Gannon #1)
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
  • Now You See Him
  • Cold River (Black Falls, #2)
  • Nightkill
  • Judas Kiss (Taylor Jackson, #3)
  • The Blood Confession
  • Trapped  (Randall Shane #2)
  • Sleep Softly
  • The Little Death (Louis Kincaid, #10)
  • False Witness
  • Thirteen Phantasms and other Stories
  • Moons' Dreaming (Children of the Rock, #1)
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Killing Spree
  • Something is Out There
  • The Cruelest Cut
  • The Survivors
Founder and publisher of Polis Books, which you can visit at http://www.polisbooks.com, http://www.twitter.com/polisbooks and http://www.facebook.com/polisbooks. Bestselling thriller writer and author of the ZEKE BARTHOLOMEW series for young readers. My books have nearly 1.5 million copies in print worldwide in over a dozen languages, have been nominated for numerous awards and optioned for film. ...more
More about Jason Pinter...
The Mark (Henry Parker, #1) The Stolen (Henry Parker, #3) The Guilty (Henry Parker, #2) The Fury (Henry Parker, #4) The Hunters