Start by marking “Samurai X 17: Orang-Orang Yang Terpilih” as Want to Read:
Samurai X 17: Orang-Orang Yang Terpilih

Samurai X 17: Orang-Orang Yang Terpilih (Rurouni Kenshin #17)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  1,130 ratings  ·  14 reviews
After a night of gambling, Kenshin and Sanosuke return with an unexpected prize - a woman. Beautiful and mysterious, Takani Megumi, the daughter of a famous family of physicians, has unwittingly been participating in the production of a super-powerful, super-profitable form of opium. Hot on her trail is shady industrialist Kanryu, and Sanosuke may not be her best protector ...more
Published June 2002 by PT. Elex Media Komputindo (first published October 3rd 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Samurai X 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samurai X 17

Federiken Masters
Mar 09, 2010 Federiken Masters rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casi todo el mundo
Recommended to Federiken by: La bestia Peluda
A este tomo ya ni le debe quedar lomo de la cantidad de veces que lo leí. Se justifica teniendo en cuenta que quizás sea mi tomo preferido de una de mis series de manga preferidas de todos los tiempos. No es moco 'e pavo.
Robin
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Sara
We are finally finished with this arc. Shishio and Kenshin battle it out and it is a very long battle. I love that we got to see what happened to everyone and even got to see Shishio walk into the sunset (granted, it was hell, but who cares?).

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Jeffrey
Fight-fight-fight-fight-fight-fight-aftermath.

The the major conclusion of the Kyoto arc is good, even if we come upon someone superior to Kenshin who is only defeated by is own actions, and not by Kenshin himself. Still, the strength of the story lies in the aftermath sections.
Michelle
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Starbubbles
it was an interesting end to the kyoto arc, most certainly unexpected. for once i would like to see a big fight with kenshin with the clear advantage. but hey, whatever. i still really enjoyed this volume.
Nikki  King
Loved the ending to their battle and the aftermath! Hmmm lost to Kenshin? Clearly the next step is to take over hell! Whoooo shishio-sama you go kick the king of hells butt!!!
Nikki
In some ways I thought this was an awesome way to end this arc. On the other hand, I'm not that good at suspending my disbelief, so parts of it made me wince a bit.
Derek
this is the final showdown between Kenshin and Shishio, and the epilogue after. A very satisfying end to the story arc.
Declan
The Kyoto Arc comes to a great end with everybody getting they're chance to shine.
Steph
Jun 27, 2009 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Steph by: read the series
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite manga series.
Tatsuru
not that's more like it.
Doopa5000
Very violent which is good.
Ceschini
Ceschini marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Muten
Muten added it
Dec 16, 2014
Addy
Addy added it
Dec 15, 2014
  • YuYu Hakusho: The Dark Tournament, Vol. 6 (YuYu Hakusho, #6)
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 22
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! #2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 15 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #15)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1 (Rurouni Kenshin, #1) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 3 (Rurouni Kenshin, #3) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 2 (Rurouni Kenshin, #2) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 4 (Rurouni Kenshin, #4) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8 (Rurouni Kenshin, #8)