Samurai X 11: Lagu Pengiring Kehancuran

Samurai X 11: Lagu Pengiring Kehancuran (Rurouni Kenshin #11)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  1,106 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Tokio, 1879. Ein Wanderer mit Namen Himura Kenshin kommt in die Stadt. Eine X-förmige Narbe auf der Wange und ein Schwert sind alles, was er bei sich trägt. Der einstmals berühmte Samurai Kenshin hatte geschworen, nie wieder einen Menschen zu töten. Seither trägt er ein Schwert mit geschliffender Innenseite - mit ihm kann er kämpfen, ohne jemanden zu verletzen. Und dennoch...more
Published December 2001 by PT. Elex Media Komputindo (first published June 4th 1996)

Robin
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea...more
Andrej Zupanic
Excellent shounen series. This volume offers new development in the masterfully crafted Kyoto arc and ventures deep into personal sphere of every single character. Next to Fullmetal Alchemist this series offers more than any other average shounen series, such as One Piece, Fairy Tail, D.Grey-Man, etc. It offers great combination of historical events, which are changes to a certain degree, yet still offer plausible happenings, since some historical events still remain a mystery today, and fantasy...more
Sara
Kenshin has begun training with Hiko Seijūrō and doesn't play to big of a part in this volume. We have a big battle between Aoshi and Okinawa, that breaks Misao's heart. Sanosuke is back and Saitō have to put bygones aside and team up momentarily to save Kyoto from being burned.

Much of this volume was set up for future battles coming up.
Michelle
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Jeffrey
Having obtained a new weapon in the last volume, Kenshin now confronts his master for the final technique of his school.. blah blah blah...

What carries this book is the Onmitsu storyline about Saito and the remaining members of the Oniwabashu. A good story to be found there.
Toni
I am loving Hiko more and more, arrogant bastard that he is, and I think Misao might now officially be my favorite female character in Rurouni Kenshin, trumping even Tomoe and Megumi. She has a strength to her that I like in female characters.

Also Aoshi is teh crazy.
Starbubbles
fighting, plots, and blah blah blah. i wish i was more into battles, more series would open up for me if i did.
Nikki
Ha, I really liked this volume. Particularly the broom head/rooster head bits. I'm getting surprisingly fond of Saitō.
Declan
Motoring through these now. The Kyoto sequence is excellent.
Zarakoda
Probably the most epic cover ever. Yup.
Steph
Feb 17, 2009 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Recommended to Steph by: watched the anime
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite manga series.
Doopa5000
Very violent which is good.
MJ
MJ is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2014
Morgan
Morgan added it
Jul 12, 2014
ReadingFrog
ReadingFrog marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!!, Vol. 2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Yu Yu Hakusho (Volume 12: The Championship Match Begins!!)
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 22
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 09 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 1 (Rurouni Kenshin, #1) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 3 (Rurouni Kenshin #3) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 2  (Rurouni Kenshin, #2) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 4  (Rurouni Kenshin #4) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 8 (Rurouni Kenshin #8)