Start by marking “Samurai X 7: 4 Mei Tahun 11 Meiji” as Want to Read:
Samurai X 7: 4 Mei Tahun 11 Meiji

Samurai X 7: 4 Mei Tahun 11 Meiji (Rurouni Kenshin #7)

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  2,245 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
- A 28-volume manga series--over 4.5 million copies in accumulated sales in Japan! - Translated in 14 countries worldwide -- manga available for the first time in English and the most requested title by readers in recent VIZ history. - Volumes 1-4 debuted as the best-selling manga in the U.S. (Bookscan). - Anime series currently airing on Cartoon Network -- also inspired a ...more
Published 2001 by PT. Elex Media Komputindo (first published October 4th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Samurai X 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samurai X 7

José
Mar 18, 2017 José rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Después de un par de volúmenes un poco flojos la historia se vuelve a poner buena y adelanta la aprición de Shishio, uno de los mayores villanos de toda la serie. Las 5 estrellas son más que nada por la primera aparición de Hajime Saitō; como buen fanboy quedé encantado por cómo es retratado en el manga.

Ah y también por la despedida de Kenshin y Kaoru que tantos años después me sigue dejando todo roto T_T

Mariel
Aug 03, 2015 Mariel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Que un manga te explique y te cuente sobre los valores de la gente que defendía las distintas perspectivas sobre dos Eras opuestas que marcaron a las clases sociales en un país tan fuerte como Japón, que te trate de exponer dos pensamientos tan opuestos de forma que ninguno esté "mal" o "bien", y que te justifique de cierta forma lo que cada uno defendía y los valores que creían correctos, no tiene precio. Más allá de lo que uno personalmente piense. Mientras leía me di cuenta que, en el ciclo e ...more
Derek
Aug 02, 2009 Derek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume starts the biggest plot arc of the series, often known as the Kyoto arc. It will culminate with the showdown against Shishio Makoto. To start the story arc, there are two epic battles in this volume, both involving Saito Hajime, one of Kenshin's biggest rivals back when he was the Hitokiri.
Feather Mista
Mar 09, 2010 Feather Mista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hum... Algo me dice que escribí una reseña de este tomo hace mil y que se borró cuando aquel infame Librarian xenofóbico arrasó con las ediciones internacionales. El tomo: excelente. La política de goodreads en cuanto a la protección de las reseñas: pésima y mentirosa.
Elizabeth
May 25, 2017 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics
For pure badassery, this volume deserves 5 stars, but I try hard to keep things balanced around here....

Man, the excitement I felt when I realized this volume starts off the Kyoto arc! This is the main arc I remember when I watched the anime as a kid (also, it's only very recently that I found out the Shishio stuff had an arc name... I wasn't the most observant 9 year old). Strangely enough, I had absolutely no recollection of Saito Hajime.... when I was getting back into the series recently I k
Jess Neuner
Nov 18, 2016 Jess Neuner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, manga
This book is the beginning of the first real arc this manga has ever had. So far it's been rather episodic, with a villain of the week for Team Kenshin to defeat and then never hear anything about again. Mostly a lot of randos who have decided that they want to try fighting a legendary hitokiri and Ishin Shishi and deluded themselves into thinking they could win.

The 'villain' in this book is Saito Hajime, formerly of the Shinsengumi. He nearly kills Sano as a challenge to Kenshin - he wants to
Nathália
Jun 20, 2017 Nathália rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga
Engie
Jan 11, 2017 Engie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoritos, manga
Primero, Saitō MALDITA SEA. Segundo, me rompió el corazón la escena con Kaoru, en el anime fue excelente. Tercero, por fin apareció el condenado de Shishio. Se viene lo mejor.
Christina
Hitokiri Battosai, now known as Himura Kenshin, had battled with many foes in the days before the Meiji Restoration. Hitokiri Battosai was even able to battle the Shinsengumi and live to tell the tale. But now that one of the surviving members of the Shinsengumi, the captain of the third unit, has resurfaced with the intention to kill Kenshin, will Kenshin lose his new resolve and become the murderous Hitokiri Battosai once again? But little does he suspect that Saito Hajime won't even be the on ...more
MC
Jan 30, 2014 MC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Rurouni Kenshin series takes a swing onto some more serious territory with the beginning of a new arc. Himura Kenshin begins the story thinking about the past as a "hitokiri", essentially an assassin. He can't figure out why he keeps thinking of that past, and is struck by this sense of foreboding.

When he, Kaoru, and Yahiko return to Kaoru's dojo, they find their good friend, Sanosuke, near death. Kenshin quickly puts together the clues left for him and discovers that an old adversary from
Lynn
Today's post is on Rurouni Kenshin volume 7 by Nobuhiro Watsuki. It is 200 pages long and is published by Shonen Jump. The cover has Kenshin and Saitô on it looking very cool. It is the seventh volume in the long running series. You have to have read the six first in the series to understand the story. The intended reader is someone who likes historical stories, manga, and interesting characters. There is no foul language, no sex, but some violence in this series. The story is told from third pe ...more
Robin
May 21, 2012 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Sara
Volume 7 introduces a new arc that leaves the volume on a sad cliffhanger. Hitokiri Battōsai comes to the forefront during a battle with Saitō Hajime and unfortunately gets sucked into an assassination plot. Though he had made a vow not to kill, he is put in a position where he may have to. He leaves the dojo to protect his friends and to hunt Shishio. This volume brought a depth to the characters that I love.
Kelsey
Jul 03, 2008 Kelsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rurouni Kenshin is the second manga that I ever finished reading. I like the drawing style a lot and thought that the plot was pretty good. The thing that I liked about this manga was that there are several people and events in here (such as Saito Hajime, Katsura Kogoro, etc.) that were real/ did happen and I enjoyed looking up said people and events and finding out the historical facts. The manga is also a good read.
Denise
Oct 19, 2011 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-2016
This is where things start to get really interesting: the beginning of the Kyoto Arc, which is still my favourite part of the story. And Saito is hands down one of the best characters in a series, so every time I re-read this series I can't wait to get to this volume. (It's only my obsession with reading series in order and a certain other favourite character of mine by the name of Aoshi that ensure that I don't just skip the first six and get right to the best parts most of the time.)
Aurélie
Avec le recul, je me dis que ce manga Shonen n'était pas si bon que ça, mais j'ai longtemps conservé en mémoire l'effet produit par les extraordinaires OAV consacrées au chapitre du souvenir.
Kenshin reste un divertissement très honorables, mais je ne pourrais sans doute pas le relire aujourd'hui, too much.
Frizzy
May 09, 2012 Frizzy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Im about half way through this volume and it shocked me. I mean the battle between Shinsengumi and Kenshin was so intense. And when I discovered their past it really drew me in. I just really liked the reaction I had. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as i do!!

-FrizzyFoxGrahamCrackerLiddyTylerHade <33
Lorena
Apr 09, 2016 Lorena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
¡Pf! En este tomo no solo es impresionante Hajime Saitou. No. El contexto histórico, la fragilidad de una era que terminó pero de la que aún quedan secuelas en aquellos que la vivieron es relatada por Watsuki de una forma cercana. Esta historia sorprende y, realmente, te lleva a otra época. Este tomo es de los más interesantes. El último acto es sumamente triste, ¡ahora viene lo bueno!
Joe
This volume marked the beginning of the Kyoto Arc. From this volume until the end of the series the story is paced nearly perfect the writing is very tight. With this volume, Rurouni Kenshin solidified itself as my favorite manga.
Michelle
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Nikki
I really like this arc, although it seems strange to me now to think that this is only the seventh volume! The story for this arc is good, and the characters are interesting, and the parting between Kaoru and Kenshin made me sniffle a little.

(This being me, I do wish there was more of Sano...)
Angeles Broullón
This is probably one my favourite manga. I learned a lot about the meiji era, and made start to get interested in japanese history.
On this volume started the best part of the story. Saito and Sishio were really memorable adversaries. I really liked the Shinsengumi.
Starbubbles
this is basically where i have stopped watching the cartoon. i have seen some random ones after this, but not really in the same way i saw the other ones over and over again for years. i'm really looking forward to the rest of the series.
Steph
Sep 27, 2008 Steph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite manga series.
Andrea
Aug 14, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the drawing! and the battle between Saito and Kenhin is just amazing...no wonder it continues to be one of the most popular manga inside and outside Japan
Toni
May 03, 2009 Toni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, there are sooo many things I hate about this arc.
Declan
Nov 02, 2009 Declan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Apparently the start of one of the major arcs. Colour me intrigued.
Moirrey
Feb 22, 2012 Moirrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I go back and forth between whether I like Saito or not, but in this volume, nope, I hate him. I don't like Battousai, and I don't like it when he shows up.
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! Vol. 2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 13
  • Kaze Hikaru, Vol. 2
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 8
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 12: The Championship Match Begins!! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #12)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...

Rurouni Kenshin (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 01