Start by marking “Samurai X 7: 4 Mei Tahun 11 Meiji” as Want to Read:
Samurai X 7: 4 Mei Tahun 11 Meiji

Samurai X 7: 4 Mei Tahun 11 Meiji (Rurouni Kenshin #7)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  1,468 ratings  ·  25 reviews
- A 28-volume manga series--over 4.5 million copies in accumulated sales in Japan! - Translated in 14 countries worldwide -- manga available for the first time in English and the most requested title by readers in recent VIZ history. - Volumes 1-4 debuted as the best-selling manga in the U.S. (Bookscan). - Anime series currently airing on Cartoon Network -- also inspired a ...more
Published 2001 by PT. Elex Media Komputindo (first published October 4th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Samurai X 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samurai X 7

Christina
Hitokiri Battosai, now known as Himura Kenshin, had battled with many foes in the days before the Meiji Restoration. Hitokiri Battosai was even able to battle the Shinsengumi and live to tell the tale. But now that one of the surviving members of the Shinsengumi, the captain of the third unit, has resurfaced with the intention to kill Kenshin, will Kenshin lose his new resolve and become the murderous Hitokiri Battosai once again? But little does he suspect that Saito Hajime won't even be the on ...more
Derek
This volume starts the biggest plot arc of the series, often known as the Kyoto arc. It will culminate with the showdown against Shishio Makoto. To start the story arc, there are two epic battles in this volume, both involving Saito Hajime, one of Kenshin's biggest rivals back when he was the Hitokiri.
Federiken Masters
Hum... Algo me dice que escribí una reseña de este tomo hace mil y que se borró cuando aquel infame Librarian xenofóbico arrasó con las ediciones internacionales. El tomo: excelente. La política de goodreads en cuanto a la protección de las reseñas: pésima y mentirosa.
Timothy Stone
The Rurouni Kenshin series takes a swing onto some more serious territory with the beginning of a new arc. Himura Kenshin begins the story thinking about the past as a "hitokiri", essentially an assassin. He can't figure out why he keeps thinking of that past, and is struck by this sense of foreboding.

When he, Kaoru, and Yahiko return to Kaoru's dojo, they find their good friend, Sanosuke, near death. Kenshin quickly puts together the clues left for him and discovers that an old adversary from
Robin
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Kelsey
Rurouni Kenshin is the second manga that I ever finished reading. I like the drawing style a lot and thought that the plot was pretty good. The thing that I liked about this manga was that there are several people and events in here (such as Saito Hajime, Katsura Kogoro, etc.) that were real/ did happen and I enjoyed looking up said people and events and finding out the historical facts. The manga is also a good read.
Sara
Volume 7 introduces a new arc that leaves the volume on a sad cliffhanger. Hitokiri Battōsai comes to the forefront during a battle with Saitō Hajime and unfortunately gets sucked into an assassination plot. Though he had made a vow not to kill, he is put in a position where he may have to. He leaves the dojo to protect his friends and to hunt Shishio. This volume brought a depth to the characters that I love.
Frizzy
Im about half way through this volume and it shocked me. I mean the battle between Shinsengumi and Kenshin was so intense. And when I discovered their past it really drew me in. I just really liked the reaction I had. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as i do!!

-FrizzyFoxGrahamCrackerLiddyTylerHade <33
Nikki
I really like this arc, although it seems strange to me now to think that this is only the seventh volume! The story for this arc is good, and the characters are interesting, and the parting between Kaoru and Kenshin made me sniffle a little.

(This being me, I do wish there was more of Sano...)
Michelle
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Angeles Broullón
This is probably one my favourite manga. I learned a lot about the meiji era, and made start to get interested in japanese history.
On this volume started the best part of the story. Saito and Sishio were really memorable adversaries. I really liked the Shinsengumi.
Starbubbles
this is basically where i have stopped watching the cartoon. i have seen some random ones after this, but not really in the same way i saw the other ones over and over again for years. i'm really looking forward to the rest of the series.
Joe
This volume marked the beginning of the Kyoto Arc. From this volume until the end of the series the story is paced nearly perfect the writing is very tight. With this volume, Rurouni Kenshin solidified itself as my favorite manga.
Andrea
the drawing! and the battle between Saito and Kenhin is just amazing...no wonder it continues to be one of the most popular manga inside and outside Japan
Moirrey
I go back and forth between whether I like Saito or not, but in this volume, nope, I hate him. I don't like Battousai, and I don't like it when he shows up.
Jeffrey
The lead-in to the popular Kyoto Arc, Volume 7 does finish quite well, though the beginning and middle are just average.
Declan
Apparently the start of one of the major arcs. Colour me intrigued.
Victoria
Almost cried at the end of this volume. It's so sad.
Toni
Ugh, there are sooo many things I hate about this arc.
Tori
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 7 (Rurouni Kenshin) (2004)
Steph
Sep 27, 2008 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite manga series.
Doopa5000
Very violent which is good.
Kayla Warren
Kayla Warren marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Teresa
Teresa added it
Oct 26, 2014
  • YuYu Hakusho: Spirit Detective, Vol. 3 (YuYu Hakusho, #3)
  • Peacemaker Kurogane Volume 1
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! #2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 13
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 08 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #8)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1 (Rurouni Kenshin, #1) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 3 (Rurouni Kenshin, #3) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 2 (Rurouni Kenshin, #2) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 4 (Rurouni Kenshin, #4) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 8 (Rurouni Kenshin #8)