Start by marking “The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook: More than 150 Delicious Recipes Using Only Foods from the World's Greatest Grocery Store” as Want to Read:

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  147 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
DELICIOUS RECIPES MADE EASY THANKS TO TRADER JOE'S
Packed with unique and fabulous foods, Trader Joe's rocks. Now, The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook shows how to mix and match items from TJ's into amazing creations and mouthwatering meals.

Thanks to The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook, frugal foodies can turn a one-stop shopping trip to TJ's into a tasty treat in no time at all.
Published October 20th 2009 by Ulysses Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook

Meghan
Mar 17, 2010 Meghan rated it really liked it
I wish I lived nearer to a Trader Joe's! The cookbook gets 4.5 Stars. Next time I get near a Joe's I already have a list of stuff I learned about from this cookbook I want to buy: mache, creme fraiche, corn and chile tomato-less salsa, Giotto's Pesto alla Genovese, Israeli couscous, dried rainier cherries, savory broth concentrate, frozen raspberry creme brulee, artisan puff pastry, wild Maine blueberry fruit sauce, and I can go on and on and on! The entire dessert section looked glorious along ...more
Corrie
Jan 03, 2015 Corrie rated it liked it
Recipes sound really good but would have appreciated more pictures.
Samantha Arias
Dec 12, 2013 Samantha Arias rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
I love Trader Joe's so I had to get this book. I was vegetarian at the time(Now I'm vegan) and a lot of the recipes where either vegetarian or could be easily made that way. The sad part is, I found one of the recipes that claimed to be vegetarian, to not be. It was a dish I was making for my sister that contained a pesto that contained cheese made with rennet. After that I checked all labels when making things from the book. But all in all it was still a pretty good cook book.
Just - The romance reader
The concept behind this book is unique in that all the "specially required" items are from Trader Joe's. The book is well written and visually appealing. All the recipes were pretty unique, but I give the book only 3 stars because many of the recipes just didn't appeal to me that much.

Recipes I would like to try:
-BBQ Pasta Salad
-Hairdresser Blondies
-Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
-Maxi-Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Jessica
Oct 15, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
I love Trader Joe's, but I hate cooking. In fact, I hate cooking so much, that even these simple recipes are too much for me. Sorry, TJ's book. Nothing against you. How about a TJ's cookbook that tells you what the ACTUAL cooking time is for all of their foods. Does anyone else experience this? The packages for their foods tell you one thing, and you usually have to add several minutes to it. I HATE that.
Jennifer Choisser
Nov 21, 2010 Jennifer Choisser rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
I <3 Trader Joe's but I wasn't really into the recipes this book had to offer, the majority of them I will not be cooking. I enjoyed the authors writing style and related to her enthusiasm towards TJ's but was dissapointed that the book didn't contain more photography.
Sari Lynn
Feb 21, 2010 Sari Lynn rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sari Lynn by: a gift from my quilting buddy Susan
Shelves: cookbook
So far I've made the Maple Honey Chicken & the Sautéed Chard of Many Colors with Pine Nuts - both incredibly fast & simple to prepare, and incredibly yummy! I've marked quite a few other things to try...
Jesse
Mar 03, 2013 Jesse rated it really liked it
Has a lot of basic and creative recipes that are easy to throw together without being boring. Not dependent on trader joes, although she really does love trader joes.
Michelle Manire
Dec 27, 2012 Michelle Manire rated it it was amazing
I love Trader Joe's and I love this cook book. Who knew you could make such delicious, healthy, quick and easy meals. It's awesome.
Eileen
Dec 06, 2009 Eileen rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Copied some recipes. The pork and cranberry recipes all look good. will try them and see which ones I like best.
Lori
Dec 01, 2010 Lori rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Quick, easy, and everything from TJ.s If you need a fast meal, dessert, or snack, this book makes it easy.
Aug 13, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cook-books, food
I love Trader Joe's, so this is the perfect cookbook for me. I'm excited to try out these recipes!
Jess
Jan 25, 2011 Jess rated it really liked it
Good recipes and I love trader joes. Wish their would have been more photography though!
Christie
Aug 13, 2012 Christie rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2012
I'll check this book out again once Salt Lake has our own Trader Joe's this fall!
Rachel
Jan 02, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Lots of yummy recipes I can't wait to try!
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Mckenney gaye
Mckenney gaye rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Margaret Burdge
Margaret Burdge rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Raechul Ouellette
Raechul Ouellette is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2016
Tiffani Cody
Tiffani Cody rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Emily Sanders
Emily Sanders marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Tanya Frew
Tanya Frew marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Annieboynton
Annieboynton rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Patty Baskin
Patty Baskin marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Margo
Margo marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Mary
Mary added it
Feb 15, 2016
Jack Fuller
Jack Fuller marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2016
  • The Cook's Illustrated How-to-Cook Library: An illustrated step-by-step guide to Foolproof Cooking
  • Sweets to the Sweet: A Keepsake Book from the Heart of the Home
  • Illustrated Step-by-Step Baking
  • Baking with Less Sugar: Recipes for Desserts Using Natural Sweeteners and Little-to-No White Sugar
  • Top Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Culinaria: Germany
  • The Food52 Cookbook, Volume 2: Seasonal Recipes from Our Kitchens to Yours
  • Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches
  • The Book Club Cookbook
  • Rachael Ray: Just in Time: All-New 30-Minutes Meals, plus Super-Fast 15-Minute Meals and Slow It Down 60-Minute Meals
  • The Whole Foods Market Cookbook: A Guide to Natural Foods with 350 Recipes
  • The Minimalist Cooks at Home: Recipes That Give You More Flavor from Fewer Ingredients in Less Time
  • Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy: A Feast of 175 Regional Recipes
  • The Book Lover's Cookbook
  • The America's Test Kitchen: DIY Cookbook: Can It, Cure It, Churn It, Brew It
  • Pack a Lunch! Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook
  • Premarital Sex in America: How Young Americans Meet, Mate, and Think about Marrying
Family and food are the touchstones in Cherie Mercer Twohy's life. After attending culinary school late in life, she found her bliss teaching cooking. Her cooking school, Chez Cherie, in La Canada, CA (www.chezcherie.com),has hosted thousands of students since its founding in 2000. Twohy holds a Certified Culinary Professional (CCP) designation from the International Association of Culinary Profes ...more
More about Cherie Mercer Twohy...