Start by marking “Surviving One Bad Year: 7 Spiritual Strategies to Lead You to a New Beginning” as Want to Read:
Surviving One Bad Year: 7 Spiritual Strategies to Lead You to a New Beginning

Surviving One Bad Year: 7 Spiritual Strategies to Lead You to a New Beginning

Spiritual Strategies for a
New Beginning

Loss has many names --
divorce, death, illness, bankruptcy, depression,
disappointment, betrayal, job loss, and more.
And as we experience these losses, we sometimes wonder how we will survive.

Whether you are reeling from the blow of an immediate crisis or in need of help to sustain you for the long haul, you will find spiritu
Published October 27th 2009 by Howard Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Surviving One Bad Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surviving One Bad Year

Jocelyn Green
Feb 13, 2012 Jocelyn Green rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
The other day I discovered in my embarassingly large pile of books on my office floor a book by Nancie Carmichael entitled, Surviving One Bad Year: 7 Spiritual Strategies to Lead You to a New Beginning. As we all know, a bad day is bad enough but a bad year–well, that can be devastating to the soul in ways I can only begin to imagine. Can anyone recover from that?

The answer of course is yes–with Christ, we can. I so appreciate the solid, biblical wisdom found in Nancie’s book. Her one bad year e
Cynthia
Oct 05, 2015 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
This was my "Go To Book" for a year and a half. I read it first when my marriage ended and began re-reading immediately a few months later. I have highlighted, underlined, and written in the margins of its pages, because so much resonated with me. Packed with scriptures you can pray over your life's situations, it includes stories from the heart of painful life changes and how to navigate through them with grace. How do you recover from a devastating life event? This book helps you learn ...more
Colleen
Mar 05, 2010 Colleen rated it really liked it
A very well written, helpful read that incorporates verses from the bible to make necessary points. The author highlights several people from her cirle of friends and the devestating events that happened to them. It helped me to also see that I not only wasn't the only person out there living with tragedy, but some of their tragedy seemed more horrific than mine. It was quite comforting at times, redundant at others.
Bethany
Mar 19, 2012 Bethany rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book ... the scriptures running alongside the chapters really enhance the message. Provided a foundation for encouragement and introspection.
Stephanie
Apr 13, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Good strategies for surviving crisis and turmoil. I like how the first section is immediate crisis and the second section is surviving the long haul.
Karen Monteith
Karen Monteith rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Janie Carmack
Janie Carmack rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Deborah Raney
Deborah Raney rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Laurie Sargent
Laurie Sargent rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2012
Roo Carmichael
Roo Carmichael rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
Ruth Hill
Ruth Hill marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2011
Natalie Snapp
Natalie Snapp marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2011
Jeff Carpenter
Jeff Carpenter marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2011
Gina
Gina added it
Mar 05, 2013
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Stephanie Glidden
Stephanie Glidden marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Gretchen Bossio
Gretchen Bossio is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2016