Start by marking “Illuminating Angels & Demons: The Unauthorized Guide to the Facts Behind Dan Brown's Bestselling Novel” as Want to Read:

Dan Brown's bestselling novel, Angels & Demons, has become an international success to rival his blockbuster The Da Vinci Code-and this invaluable A to Z resource will help those fans unlock its many mysteries.

Millions of readers have avidly pored through Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, where they encountered a world filled with ancient Christian symbolism, secret soc
Published January 5th 2005 by Sterling (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Illuminating Angels & Demons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illuminating Angels & Demons

Mar 04, 2014 Effymathers rated it liked it
Shelves: esoterisme
A croire où ne pas croire, Simon Cox nous donne toutes les définitions relatives au livre. Lu ou non lu, on comprend toutes les clés du livre Anges et Démons mais bien plus encore. Les légendes de l’Assassin, des Templiers, de la Franc Maçonnerie et des Illuminati, les conseils, complots et réunions de grands chefs d’états auprès d’organisations cachées sont expliquées, de leur origine réelle en parlant de leur légende, en prenant en compte théories vraies et théories fanatiques. Ainsi, on fond ...more
Dec 29, 2009 Leo rated it really liked it
I glanced at this book out of curiosity. I read Dan Brown's book Angels and Demons. this book has some interesting pointers explaining in detail some of landmarks that appear in the book and that might be of interest for those doing research.
The Chigi Chapel in the Church of Santa Maria Del Popolo was refurbished bu Bernini commissioned by Pope Alexander VII.
The fountain of the four rivers in the Piazza Novona was created in 1640 by Pope Inocent X. He came from the wealthy famil;y of Pamphili
It was okay.

Didn't learn anything I didn't already know, but the information was well presented and well balanced.
Erick W.
Jul 05, 2014 Erick W. rated it it was ok
A bit weird but some pretty cool info in it that is factual.
Penny Landon
I picked this book up for a casual read because I had previously read Angels and Demons and wanted to see if the author had anything interesting to say. While I didn't hate the book, it also was not one that I loved. Rather than a prose text that debates certain aspects of Dan Brown's novel, it reads more like a glossary that would actually be more helpful when reading Brown's book for the first time. The book was a little boring at times, but its chapters were thorough and informative.
Oct 20, 2010 Katy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Frankly, disappointing. The format of the segments of the book was terribly disorganized -- Cox jumped from topic to topic without any logic whatsoever. In addition, the facts were only sub-par and seemed poorly researched.

I really had high hopes for this little book, but now I understand why it was only $3. Even the most avid fans of Angels & Demons won't enjoy this little companion.
Lisa Summers
Aug 13, 2009 Lisa Summers rated it it was ok
Very basic read. Much of the information was already very familiar. Also, extremely odd how the author referred to the character as making mistakes in history, translation, historical placement and reference, as opposed to the author, Dan Brown. Okay if you are not familiar with the material of Dan Brown's books; skip if you are.
Sep 25, 2009 Brandonne rated it it was ok
An interesting read about the importance of thorough research. It was a little like seeing how a magician performs his tricks (and disappointing in the same way), but informative on a basic level.
Jun 19, 2012 Tony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these books that explain all the stuff that is confusing from novels. While it was a long time ago that I read Angels and Demons, this info still fascinated me.
Mar 15, 2010 Jeroen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dan brown fans
Short book but some interesting facts. Because I've read the original book some time ago, it was also nice to relive some moments.
May 23, 2008 Eunika rated it really liked it
Second Dan Brown book I've read.
GREAT book. Better than The Da Vinci Code.
AMAZING ending, and again, a very smart book
Roger Singh
No opinion, I think I wasted my money.
Andrew rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2016
Lucifero Alumbrado
Lucifero Alumbrado rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Viviane marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Jeremy Strohman
Jeremy Strohman marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Virginia marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Divergenttris rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Chris Craddock
Chris Craddock marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Anastasiya A.
Anastasiya A. marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Sapala Vemula
Sapala Vemula rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Veronika Martinů
Veronika Martinů marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Jessica Price
Jessica Price marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Jamie rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Joan rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2016
Bradley rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Marya added it
Jun 09, 2016
  • Secrets of the Lost Symbol: The Unauthorized Guide to the Mysteries Behind The Da Vinci Code Sequel
  • Voor een echt succesvol leven
  • The Shadow of Solomon: The Lost Secret of the Freemasons Revealed
  • The Archimedes Codex: How a Medieval Prayer Book Is Revealing the True Genius of Antiquity's Greatest Scientist
  • Huh ?!: de techniek van het omdenken
  • Nelson DeMille: Three Complete Novels: Word of Honor; Cathedral; By the Rivers of Babylon
  • Lost Star of Myth and Time
  • 밀레니엄. 3: 바람치는 궁전의 여왕(상) (Millennium 3: Queen of the Wind Hitting the Palace)
  • Veritas
  • De kabbalist
  • Germans Into Nazis
  • The Middle Heart
  • Fall from Grace
  • An Essay Concerning Human Understanding 2 (Books on Western Philosophy)
  • Zoenoffer