Start by marking “Illuminating Angels & Demons: The Unauthorized Guide to the Facts Behind Dan Brown's Bestselling Novel” as Want to Read:

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dan Brown's bestselling novel, Angels & Demons, has become an international success to rival his blockbuster The Da Vinci Code-and this invaluable A to Z resource will help those fans unlock its many mysteries.

Millions of readers have avidly pored through Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, where they encountered a world filled with ancient Christian symbolism, secret soc
Published January 5th 2005 by Sterling (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Illuminating Angels & Demons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illuminating Angels & Demons

Effymathers
A croire où ne pas croire, Simon Cox nous donne toutes les définitions relatives au livre. Lu ou non lu, on comprend toutes les clés du livre Anges et Démons mais bien plus encore. Les légendes de l’Assassin, des Templiers, de la Franc Maçonnerie et des Illuminati, les conseils, complots et réunions de grands chefs d’états auprès d’organisations cachées sont expliquées, de leur origine réelle en parlant de leur légende, en prenant en compte théories vraies et théories fanatiques. Ainsi, on fond ...more
Leo
I glanced at this book out of curiosity. I read Dan Brown's book Angels and Demons. this book has some interesting pointers explaining in detail some of landmarks that appear in the book and that might be of interest for those doing research.
The Chigi Chapel in the Church of Santa Maria Del Popolo was refurbished bu Bernini commissioned by Pope Alexander VII.
The fountain of the four rivers in the Piazza Novona was created in 1640 by Pope Inocent X. He came from the wealthy famil;y of Pamphili
Erick W.
A bit weird but some pretty cool info in it that is factual.
Penny
I picked this book up for a casual read because I had previously read Angels and Demons and wanted to see if the author had anything interesting to say. While I didn't hate the book, it also was not one that I loved. Rather than a prose text that debates certain aspects of Dan Brown's novel, it reads more like a glossary that would actually be more helpful when reading Brown's book for the first time. The book was a little boring at times, but its chapters were thorough and informative.
Katy
Frankly, disappointing. The format of the segments of the book was terribly disorganized -- Cox jumped from topic to topic without any logic whatsoever. In addition, the facts were only sub-par and seemed poorly researched.

I really had high hopes for this little book, but now I understand why it was only $3. Even the most avid fans of Angels & Demons won't enjoy this little companion.
Lisa Summers
Very basic read. Much of the information was already very familiar. Also, extremely odd how the author referred to the character as making mistakes in history, translation, historical placement and reference, as opposed to the author, Dan Brown. Okay if you are not familiar with the material of Dan Brown's books; skip if you are.
Brandonne
An interesting read about the importance of thorough research. It was a little like seeing how a magician performs his tricks (and disappointing in the same way), but informative on a basic level.
Tony
I love these books that explain all the stuff that is confusing from novels. While it was a long time ago that I read Angels and Demons, this info still fascinated me.
Jeroen
Mar 15, 2010 Jeroen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dan brown fans
Short book but some interesting facts. Because I've read the original book some time ago, it was also nice to relive some moments.
Eunika
Second Dan Brown book I've read.
GREAT book. Better than The Da Vinci Code.
AMAZING ending, and again, a very smart book
Roger Singh
No opinion, I think I wasted my money.
Christoph Aschauer
Christoph Aschauer marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Val
Val marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Kylene
Kylene added it
Mar 28, 2015
Natasha Berardi
Natasha Berardi marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Assa
Assa marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Hilde Haeleydt
Hilde Haeleydt marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
  • Secrets of the Lost Symbol: The Unauthorized Guide to the Mysteries Behind The Da Vinci Code Sequel
  • The Shadow of Solomon: The Lost Secret of the Freemasons Revealed
  • The Archimedes Codex: How a Medieval Prayer Book Is Revealing the True Genius of Antiquity's Greatest Scientist
  • 밀레니엄 2 (하) : 휘발유통과 성냥을 꿈꾼 소녀
  • De kabbalist
  • Miss Marple Meets Murder: The Mirror Crack'd / A Pocket Full of Rye / At Bertram's Hotel / The Moving Finger
  • Lost Star of Myth and Time
  • The Middle Heart
  • The 731 Legacy (A Cotten Stone Mystery #4)
  • White House Diary
  • Germans Into Nazis
  • Fall from Grace
  • Afgunst
  • Gems from the Equinox
  • The 5-Minute Iliad and Other Instant Classics: Great Books For The Short Attention Span
  • Mr. Lincoln's Wars: A Novel in Thirteen Stories
  • Inside the Jihad: My Life with Al Qaeda
  • The Platform Sutra of the Sixth Patriarch
Cracking the Da Vinci Code: The Unauthorized Guide to the Facts Behind Dan Brown's Bestselling Novel The Dan Brown Companion Decoding The Lost Symbol: The Unauthorized Expert Guide to the Facts Behind the Fiction Economics: Making Sense of the Modern Economy An A to Z of the Occult