Start by marking “Pirate Pete's Giant Adventure” as Want to Read:
Pirate Pete's Giant Adventure

Pirate Pete's Giant Adventure

Pete is in search of the Sea-Fairy Sapphire, which he's been instructed to return to the sea. Pete must face danger, intrigue, and a particularly unfriendly giant as he tricks and sings his way to safety. A sequel to the Pirate Pete, this book features Pirate Pete and the gang; and is intended for children.
Published August 1st 2006 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Pirate Pete's Giant Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirate Pete's Giant Adventure

Melissa Namba
Jun 19, 2017 Melissa Namba rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnamba
not that great or interesting. a cute idea, but the execution is kind of boring.
Jourdan
Oct 01, 2014 Jourdan rated it really liked it
Pirate Pete and his parrot are tired of their little rowboat. A sea-fairy hears the pirate's request for a ship and decides to make a deal with him. She will give him the most wondrous ship if he finds the Sea-Fairy Sapphire and returns it to the sea. The pirate then makes his way to Thunder Island and begins following the sound of thunder by foot until he reaches the Sapphire. When he has the Sapphire in his possession, he is caught by the Giant. The Giant scoops Pirate Pete up and threatens to ...more
Brenda
Aug 16, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Pirate Pete’s Giant Adventure begins with Pete in a rowboat wishing he had a ship. Along comes a sea fairy who will grant his wish if he can return the sea fairies sapphire to the ocean. Pirate Pete is told to follow the sound of thunder but is warned that “not all thunder comes from the clouds.” As Pete travels across the island he continues to hear the clasps of thunder but easily finds the treasure. He then chooses to make two wishes, for a treasure map and a mighty sword. Pirate Pete’s trust ...more
Tim Vandenberg
Jul 11, 2014 Tim Vandenberg rated it really liked it
This simple story surprises with real Pirate Adventure!

Picks up immediately after the first Pirate Pete book left off.

LOVED the art, and two pages in particular--The Sea Fairies pushing Pirate Pete toward the shore of Thunder Island (simple but beautiful!), and the Laugh-Out-Loud Look in Pirate Pete's & Parrot's gigantic White Eyes as the shadow of The Giant looms overhead!

Great Fun! Very recommended! But don't stop here...read on to "Pirate Pete's Talk Like a Pirate"...the BEST in the serie
Skylar Burris
Feb 05, 2008 Skylar Burris rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
My daughter seemed to enjoy this book, but that's primarily because she is currently obsessed with pirates. There's no moral to the story, though it seems at first as though it will be progressing towards one; it's just an adventure. The vocabulary is decent, although the pirate speaks in grammatically incorrect sentences for purposed of dialect, which is all well and good, except when you are reading to a young child just learning to speak well.
James
Feb 15, 2016 James rated it it was amazing
This has been sitting in my son's closet for over a year. He would never let me read it to him because I think the giant was too scary. Well tonight he finally said, "okay Dad" and it was time for some incredible adventures. This is the PERFECT bedtime story for both child and adult. And it has some cool voices that you can do when you read it to your progeny. Can't wait for more of this obviously drunk, greedy pirate-guy.
Clint Roberts
Mar 09, 2012 Clint Roberts rated it really liked it
I was glad to have found this book at the local Goodwill store. I along with my son and daughter loved this book and it's wonderful illustrations. the story was really good even with the part which came from Br'er rabbit
Nicole
Aug 08, 2008 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: pirate-books
We like to read this with "Thunder" sound effects, boom, boom, boom!!!
Lesley
Sep 01, 2013 Lesley rated it liked it
Shelves: 544
Genre: Picture Books
Published: September 2007

This is a good adventure book to introduce to children. If the you have an avid pirate fan that is young I would recommend the book.
Ranell
Jul 07, 2010 Ranell rated it it was ok
Cute picture book for pirate lovers!
Christina
Oct 16, 2008 Christina rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young kids
Shelves: children-s
My daughter loves this book (read with voices and singing, of course), therefore, I also have a place in my heart for it.
Tnb
Jun 24, 2013 Tnb rated it it was amazing
Funny and silly and clever. Great for boys and girls
Kimberly
Jul 09, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
I loved the trickery. My kids loved stomping their feet to make thunder sounds.
May 17, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Illustration was all right. Not that memorable to be honest.
Dotty
As expected, Johnny loves pirate stories.
Sarah Kiesche
Pete the Pirate goes on a journey to find a lost sapphire. This is a nice story to discuss adventures and fiction. PreK-2
Isaac
Isaac rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
Ariell
Ariell rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Jackie Reynolds
Jackie Reynolds rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2011
Christian
Christian rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2008
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2010
Deanna
Deanna rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2013
Mabel Hilda Kajobe
Mabel Hilda Kajobe rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
May 01, 2017
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Henry&Lily
Henry&Lily rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2008
Scott
Scott rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Lin Htike
Lin Htike rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2017
Serena McGlashen
Serena McGlashen rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kim Kennedy has collaborated on a number of popular picture books with her brother, Doug, including Pirate Pete (which Booklist called “appealing, richly colored”), Pirate Pete’s Giant Adventure, Pirate Pete’s Talk Like a Pirate, and Hee-Haw-Dini and the Great Zambini. She lives in Monroe, Louisiana.
More about Kim Kennedy...