Start by marking “True Cow Tales: Literary Sketches And Stories By Farmers, Ranchers, And Dairy Princesses” as Want to Read:

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
For the love of Bessie, grab a glass of milk, pull up a comfy chair, and partake of a cow tale or two!
These 40 stories by farmers and ranchers in the U.S. and Canada will open your eyes to what really goes on in those pastoral scenes with Holsteins, Jerseys, and other cattle breeds. Read about a 101-year-old cowgirl, close calls with bulls, cows and cops, steer roping, ca
Published August 11th 2009 by Dog Ear Publishing (first published August 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about True Cow Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Cow Tales

Lisa Maddock
Oct 12, 2009 Lisa Maddock rated it it was amazing
Reading True Cow Tales has stirred up happy memories from my childhood, and of people who are no longer with me, but were such an important part of my life. I think that says a lot about the book.

Let me start by saying that I do not live on a dairy farm. I have never lived on a dairy farm. But I do have a connection. Don't we all, though, really? Doesn't everyone have some connection to the world of farming, if we go back far enough in history? I would be willing to bet that the majority of our
Christine
This book contains 40 stories by farmers & ranchers in the U.S. and Canada, and dairy princesses from the U.S. Also included is a chapter of Cow Poetry, illustrations, and photos. It was a great pleasure and honor to edit these fine stories!
Beverly Rowe
Oct 01, 2009 Beverly Rowe rated it really liked it
Good nostalgia for anyone who grew up on a farm. Enticitng tales of each author's favorite bovine, and a few poems, some about sculpting butterheads....good stuff.
NancyB
NancyB marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Brigid
Brigid marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Ember August
Ember August rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Anastasia Sillaway
Anastasia Sillaway rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2010
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2009
♥☆~Lakshmi
♥☆~Lakshmi rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2009