Start by marking “Loom Knitting Socks: A Beginner's Guide to Knitting Socks on a Loom with Over 50 Fun Projects (No-Needle Knits)” as Want to Read:

macmillian publishers st. martins griffin books loom knitting socks. loom knitting is a fun and easy craft to master. this comprehensive book reveals everything you need to know to make a wide range of socks. basic techniques are clearly explained with fifty stylish patterns that you can knit without needles. brightly colored richly patterned and using a range of yarns her ...more
Published September 29th 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Loom Knitting Socks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loom Knitting Socks

Altivo Overo
Dec 27, 2016 Altivo Overo rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: knitters of all ages
Shelves: knitting
Over the past decade or two, there has been a tremendous revival of interest in hand knitting. Not only are there many more active knitters (and not all of them women, either) than there were in, say, 1980, but the nooks and crannies of knitting history and technology are being explored as never before.

"Loom" knitting (not to be confused with weaving, which is entirely different) is a technique for producing knitted garments without the use of knitting needles. The loom is actually a hoop or woo
Lisa
Oct 22, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
The book has a comprehensive introduction section that goes into detail about stitches, yarns, and the anatomy of socks. There is a nice variety of projects, several of which I found appealing, but I'm afraid I couldn't try any of them, because I don't have a loom with the appropriate number of pegs in the appropriate gauge.

I recommend this book if you already have an EFG Wonder Sock Loom, or a nice variety of 60-70-peg EFG looms, but anyone else, be warned that you will have go loom-shopping be
Louise Chambers
Oct 13, 2014 Louise Chambers rated it really liked it
Good photos and graphic instructions. Patterns for all levels. If you want to invest in all new equiptment for a fiber craft loom knitting may be for you. I considered this because regular knitting is so difficult with my arthritis. But the looms and hooks look to be just about as difficult, so I'll stick to crochet. I wish there were more crochet sock patterns. I may have to work on that! :)
Lynn Demsky
Dec 07, 2014 Lynn Demsky rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any one who enjoys socks
This is an incredible book! I have never loomed knitted but did get a loom as a gift --- this book has details on everything from started from scratch --- everything you need, helpful suggestions and wonderful patterns to make some lovely socks! Has pictures, diagrams - everything to get you going on loom socks!
Cat
Dec 10, 2014 Cat rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I got a sock loom for Christmas so I won this at the perfect time. I have not done any of the patterns yet, but there were tons that I want to try as soon as I get some wool.
the directions are easy to follow, which is good for me. If you love to knit socks on a loom, I highly recommend this book.
Jackie
Dec 11, 2014 Jackie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I was looking for a beginner’s guide to knitting socks and this book does not disappoint. The variety of sock patterns is extraordinary. The patterns are clear and look easy to follow. The pictures of the completed socks throughout the book are beautiful too.
Lizabeth
Dec 07, 2014 Lizabeth rated it really liked it
This is a fun way to learn to knit socks. I am not yet the greatest at it, but me and my kids have enjoyed learning to use the sock loom. Who knew there were so many different types of socks!!

Fun...Fun...FUN!! And very easy!
Wondra Vanian
Oh, man... now I need a sock loom.
Rania Dali
Dec 09, 2014 Rania Dali rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-won
I have received my book in less than a week ago and I already made many socks and I just love this book :)
Danyale
Danyale rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2009
Norah E. Anderson
Norah E. Anderson rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Beth White
Beth White rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Inga Bachoviene
Inga Bachoviene rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2015
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2010
Pam Kerssen
Pam Kerssen rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Nadine
Nadine rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Christa Biddle
Christa Biddle rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2013
pati
pati rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Donna M. Evleth
Donna M. Evleth rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Bob P.
Bob P. rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Norma
Norma rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2014
Tami
Tami rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Dianne
Dianne rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Dawn Williams
Dawn Williams rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Christina Fasoula
Christina Fasoula rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
patricia green
patricia green rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Socks a La Carte: Pick And Choose Patterns To Knit Socks Your Way
  • Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks
  • Fa la la la Felt: 45 Handmade Holiday Decorations
  • Sew U Home Stretch: The Built by Wendy Guide to Sewing Knit Fabrics
  • Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones
  • Around the Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful, Creative Edging Designs with Charts and Instructions for Turning the Corner Perfectly Every Time
  • Knit Socks!
  • Knitted Socks East and West: 30 Designs Inspired by Japanese Stitch Patterns
  • Wendy Knits Lace: Essential Techniques and Patterns for Irresistible Everyday Lace
  • The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
  • The Art of Fair Isle Knitting
  • 55 Christmas Balls to Knit: Colorful Festive Ornaments, Tree Decorations, Centerpieces, Wreaths, Window Dressings
  • Mastering Color Knitting: Simple Instructions for Stranded, Intarsia, and Double Knitting
  • Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More
  • Growing Up Sew Liberated: Making Handmade Clothes and Projects for Your Creative Child
  • I Love Patchwork