Start by marking “Weekend Fling” as Want to Read:
Weekend Fling

Weekend Fling

After a weekend fling that meant more than it was supposed to, Kara Thomas finds out she’s pregnant with Austin Delaney’s child. Kara doesn’t want to trap Austin into being a father, and she knows he has a very dangerous job as a Navy Seal. However, she realizes she made the wrong choice in not telling Austin about her pregnancy when he shows up at her door unexpectedly.

A
Published August 21st 2009 by Amira Press

To ask other readers questions about Weekend Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weekend Fling

Merenda
Sep 01, 2011 Merenda rated it it was ok
The dialogue here was so, long. The exchanges between the female protagonist and her friends seemed off and forced. She (the fp) kept referencing her "toffee skin," which made me yell "Ok, we get it!" Geesh. I couldn't finish it...I think I made it to the third chapter and called it quits :/. But meh, don't take my word for it. Read it yourself to see if you like it. Because, my opinion is just that, Mine. :D Happy Readings!
Nile Princess
Sep 05, 2011 Nile Princess rated it it was ok
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Mar 14, 2015 Sassy Beta Reading & Review rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this read. It read super fast, only took me about 2 hours. This was a multi POV story and both characters were represented well.

This is different that what we normally see when it comes to couples. This one had an interacial couple and I loved the chemistry of them. Their differences were not thrown in our face. They were no different than anyone else and I liked that. She was a sweetheart and he was a sexy yet dominating Navy Seal.

The storyline was great, the characters easy to
Judith
Apr 27, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it
A beautiful lady, a handsome, powerful Navy seal about ready to retire, a weekend of love that seemed to mean more than just sex, and the unexpected appearance of a baby on the way. Yet the father-to-be is silent for months, and the mother is prepared to do the single-mother thing. Yet all is not as it appears, and this is a story of love and discovery, disappointment and abandonment, love and the beauty of the illusive and precious second chance. It may be a plot that has been explored before, ...more
Sharon Mariampillai
This was a meh read. I liked the characters. I think that was the only reason I finished the book. However, the story seemed like it was forced. It is about a night of passion turning into a pregnancy. To me, the pregnancy situation was not up to its potential. I thought the book was boring at parts. I was happy at the end because they got a happy ending. Overall, a read that was not for me.
Karen's Bookshelf
I though it was a sweet story.
Mspraise50
Mar 15, 2014 Mspraise50 rated it really liked it
I like pregnancy stories and I enjoyed read this story. I did like how the heroine handled telling her man that she was in the family but then she thought he had forgotten about her.
A-W
Sep 25, 2011 A-W rated it it was amazing
Very Good Read. I'm pretty bias when it comes to Military men and the women they love. Love this story and anxiously awaitng Jack and lisa's story.
Dianne
Feb 10, 2013 Dianne rated it really liked it
I thought I would try something different with my reviews because I'm usually scatterbrained with my reviews and I hate leaving some things out. I figured I would try reviewing in another form. So, here it goes!

GENRE: Weekend Night Stand (lol), Interracial Love Story
LENGTH: Short; only 77 pages :/
MAIN CHARACTERS: Kara Thomas-a beautiful, strong African-American woman who gets pregnant after a weekend affair.
Austin Delaney: a Caucasian (dark blond hair, and green eyes), Navy Seal who falls in lov
Midge Jordan
Jan 26, 2017 Midge Jordan rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

This was a great read. I have been a fan of Ms. Malori since I read her book Escape to Heaven. She has never let me down with anything she has written so far. I continue to look forward to anything she writes. I had read this before but had to re-read again. I wish I could give her more than 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Niki Driscoll
Jul 17, 2015 Niki Driscoll rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
This was a quick fast read with interesting characters, sizzling sexual attraction and realistic situations. A night of living on the wild side introduces Kara to Austin and the sparks start to fly. I really enjoyed the concept of the story, who has not ever wanted to let their hair down and let the good times roll. The fact that both the characters secretly wanted more but never told the other was unfortunate as it could have led to less misunderstandings and less drama. The good news is that t ...more
Melissa
Mar 27, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
I received a copy of the ebook for my honest opinion.

I read this book in one setting and I could not put it down. I was hooked from the first chapter, but wished it was longer. I loved the characters of Austin, Kara, Jack, Heather, and Lisa. This was passionate, sweet, and had HOT chemistry.

A weekend fling with a man and Kara gets pregnant due to a condom mess up. Should she tried harder to get ahold of Austin, the father to be? Yes. Kara knew he was a Navy Seal at the time they met. Shouldn't
Bookviewer
Sep 03, 2016 Bookviewer rated it did not like it
An unfortunate read to say the least. If I'm being completely honest I couldn't even finish it. To start, this is not the worst book I have ever read. I swear I wish it was. But it's still pretty bad. Sometimes we get authors who are good writers with bad plots, other times we get bad authors with good plots. Reana Malori is an unfortunate combination of both. This plot originally did not convince me, but there was just enough of something that made me want to give it a chance. I think it was pr ...more
Geri
Apr 07, 2015 Geri rated it really liked it
This was a sexy story with the main characters of Kara and Austin. Their friends make up the background characters. I enjoyed how Kara's friends are there for her and help her get out of just sitting at home. They go to a country bar and when Kara's eyes meet with Austin, there are fireworks! Austin is a sexy SEAL visiting a buddy and he decides to talk to Kara. They start what they both believe will be a weekend fling, but things have a funny way of working out. There was some suspense that wor ...more
Amy
Mar 18, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read from the beginning to the end with some great steamy scenes in between. The main characters, Austin and Kara, were very likeable and had great chemistry. I would have liked to see a little more background/history with a couple of the supporting characters, mainly her best friend Brian. I felt like we got to know her girlfriends a little, but not a whole lot considering they were such a support system for her in Austin’s absence. All in all, though, this was a really go ...more
Tony
Aug 01, 2011 Tony rated it liked it
Shelves: z-list
I liked this story its characters and its storyline. The only thing I would say against it is Ms. Malori really didn't have to make Austin super wealthy, the guy had it together already, this is the one thing I thought was a bit of overkill. Ms. Malori could have spent those pages giving us more of a build up of the relationship of Kara and Austin before the baby or them settleing in to parenthood.
Belinda
Oct 21, 2012 Belinda rated it it was amazing
Austin was the Alpha Male personified! Tough looking and act tough on the outside but inside a loyal, loving, protective, man. The drama in the bar says it all! He freakin fell harder than a plane crash for Kara!...one weekend led to a lifetime of love and devotion for both. The baby added gravy to an already scrumptious meal. I enjoyed this book. It flowed so well.
Karlee
Mar 18, 2015 Karlee rated it really liked it
Kara was just going to a Country Bar with her two best gals just to have fun when she meets Austin. She ends up having a weekend fling with him until he has to go back to Norfolk, after all Austin is a Navy SEAL. This is a romance that goes terribly wrong but ends up being wonderful. A book I would definitely suggest.
Sherri Malia
Apr 07, 2015 Sherri Malia rated it really liked it
From meeting a guy in a bar to a wild, hot weekend. From losing touch to surprises and reappearance. I loved the story line but it just felt it was a bit rushed due to being too short. The characters were realistic and the chemistry was HOT!! I just found myself wanting more details. Overall, it was a good book and I would definitely read again.
Lucretia Garrett
Mar 11, 2014 Lucretia Garrett rated it really liked it
This was a quick read straight to the point, but it was Erotic, Funny, and HEA
Linda D. Christiani
Linda Christiani

I already like this author so I'm never disappointed just need more books from her my favorite is when the man must prove his love so yeah good read!
raeneysa
May 19, 2011 raeneysa rated it liked it
what kept me continue reading this book was the bricking between the heroine and hero.
Ragatnia Clara
Apr 06, 2014 Ragatnia Clara rated it liked it
The story is cliche. But the author's writing style somewhat helped me not too bored. Keep it up!
Claudia Reinbrecht
Sep 02, 2016 Claudia Reinbrecht rated it it was ok
Would have been a nice quick read of a book if the main character didn't constantly reference back to her skin colour, and the conversations weren't as forced.
Mocha Haven
2.5 Stars. It's a good beach or poolside read.
Christina
Love it!

Awesome and romantic,makes me believe in romance again. As well as sexy and hot..Makes me wish for my very own Austin.
Cassandra Johnson
Oct 09, 2011 Cassandra Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the main characters as well as the supporting characters. I am looking forward to a possible sequel for the supporting characters
Jhenn
Jul 14, 2011 Jhenn rated it liked it
3.5 STARS.
Ashley Lowe
Jul 16, 2015 Ashley Lowe rated it it was amazing
Great Book..enjoyed it a lot
Dori Johnson
Dori Johnson rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
  • A Marriage of Convenience (Code of Honour #1)
  • Something Unexpected
  • St. Patty's Baby!  (The Mel and Tia Trilogy #2)
  • Friends
  • The Price of Passion
  • Loving True (The Men of CCD #1)
  • Remember Me
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • Have I Told You Lately?
  • Burn
  • The Sweet Spot
  • My Daddy is a Hero 3
  • The Beauty and the Brawler (Blooming #6)
The characters I write will not be perfect. None of us are. They will make mistakes. All of the hero's will have redeeming qualities, but on the outset, you may not be their biggest fan. My heroine's will be the kind of women you want to hang out with. They're the women next door, down the street and around the corner. They are the ladies you would want to spend time with on a Saturday night drink ...more
More about Reana Malori...