Start by marking “I Love You, Stupid!” as Want to Read:
I Love You, Stupid!

I Love You, Stupid!

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  11 reviews
It’s hard to be the world’s greatest lover when you think you’re the world’s only virgin. But that doesn’t stop the hero of our story. Just when Marcus is sure he’ll die a frustrated sex maniac, Wendy Barrett moves back into town. While combining their collection of experiences (none) and sharing their most recent disasters (many), Marcus and Wendy discover that if they we ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published July 28th 1990 by Avon Books (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You, Stupid!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You, Stupid!

Gerson
I enjoyed this novel very much because I felt a certain connect to Marcus. Something about him reminded me of myself. I like shows how Marcus aspires to be a writer of stories. His loss of virginity was one of my favorite parts because it wasn't exactly romantic in a conventional way. It's a funny, interesting, and quirky book.
Susann
Couldn't resist this copy from a used bookstore in Windsor Terrace. It's a bit of Then Again, Maybe I Won't, fast-forwarded about four years. Marcus is desperate to lose his virginity, but he's also a multidimensional character trying to figure things out and be a good friend to Wendy.

Mazer has a nice touch with the typically early 1980s birth control discussion and shopping expedition, and the book really shines at showing how life only gets more complicated, once the virginity threshold is cr
Joanie
This was one of those books that we read out loud at slumber parties when I was in junior high. A teenage boy and girl who have known each other since childhood decide to loose their virginity together but then realize things aren't that simple. I'm sure if I read it now I would think it was terrible, but at the time I loved it.
Ashley Vinson
This book was very interesting to me. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, plus this is the first book I actually finished this year!!! This book made me thing about so things I will have to consider later on in my life (or maybe even now). Either way, this book was wonderfully written!!!!!
Snarky's
This book sort of reminds me of a hybrid of Then again, maybe I won't by Judy Blume and Beginner's Love by Norma Klein. It's about a nerdy, yet adorable dude named Marcus who stumbles through his first love. He's a little full of himself, but it's cute.
Angélique
I loved this book. The characters(especially Marcus) were very interesting, and the overall story had me laughing through most of it. Near the end, it got more serious, but the underlying theme made that part enjoyable as well.
HeavyReader
I'm pretty sure I owned this book. I don't remember much about it, but I am giving it one more star than I normally give to books I barely remember because the dude on the cover is so totally 80s and just my type.
Pam
This was my first romance teenage read. It was awesome to read from the teenage boy point of view.
Razel
Best part was when Marcus was writing a letter because of a broken-heart.
Stephanie Price
I read this back in high school. I really enjoyed it.
Even Lin
i like the title:)
Shanakay
Shanakay marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Theresa Williams
Theresa Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Navjyoti Sharma
Navjyoti Sharma marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Kaelyn
Kaelyn marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Deaaish000capitalf
Deaaish000capitalf marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Theresa Williams
Theresa Williams marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Harry Mazer is an American author of books for children and young adults, acclaimed for his 'realistic' novels. He has written twenty-two novels, including The Solid Gold Kid, The Island Keeper, Heroes Don't Run, and Snow Bound, which was adapted as an NBC After school special, as well as one work of poetry and a few short stories.

For more information, please http://www.answers.com/topic/harry-ma
More about Harry Mazer...
A Boy at War: A Novel of Pearl Harbor Somebody, Please Tell Me Who I Am Heroes Don't Run: A Novel of the Pacific War A Boy No More The Last Mission