Show Off: How to Do Absolutely Everything. One Step at a Time.

Show Off: How to Do Absolutely Everything. One Step at a Time.

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  17 reviews
How many cool things can YOU do? The answer will amaze you — and the secrets are all in this witty and nearly wordless book.

Are you the crafty type? Try drawing some manga or customizing your sneakers. Got a soft spot for science? Dazzle your friends with the old exploding volcano trick, then slyly ease an egg into a bottle. Or you can really get cooking by slipping fortun...more
Published September 22nd 2009 by Candlewick Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Show Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Show Off

Anina
This is probably the best fast & dirty teen programming for the library book I have ever encountered. The activities are truly easy, cheap, and interesting. So far we have done the ice cream and the papel picado. The only problem is everyone wants to check the book out and I keep needing to order myself another!
Amadeus
I love these books that Candlewick publishes. They make me wish for two weeks off just so I could work my way through doing all of the activities. I learned some random trivia along the way, too, including that clear deodorant is the trick for adhering homemade temporary tattoos! I think this book would be great for parents and teachers yet I also think it's for anyone looking to have some fun.
Mary Ann
If I were to give stars for how much my kids have poured over this book, this would get 5+. They love, love, love it. The bright, active illustrations fascinate them. They love the range of topics, imagining that they could do each and every one.

However, when we went to make taffy using this as the main directions, they weren't quite detailed enough to use as a recipe. We had trouble knowing the best way to let the taffy cool, to get it to the pulling stage. But, then, maybe my daughter chose o...more
Heather
This book is great for all ages. I showed the kids some of the optical illusions that everyone could do, and it was a big hit. Especially fun with my own children and their cousins ages 5,6,7,8 was the peep war. Bought tons of peeps at the after Easter 50% off sales and slayed them all in the microwave. If you try this, slide the dead peeps immediately in to the trash can. If you let them cool, they form a hard crust that is hard to remove from plates. Better yet, use a paper plate and toss the...more
Rachel
I really liked it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Children's Cute-o-Meter: 85/100 brownie points
- Essentially the children's version of Show Me How, it contains very descriptive, visual tutorials on how to do . . . absolutely everything!
Lenore Webb
What would you like to learn how to do? Turn drink mix into hair dye? Create a fake wound? Tell time with a potato? Light a room with a pony tail? Roll up a duct tape rose? Cultivate carnivorous plants? Bake stained glass cookies? Run a ninja obstacle course?

This is just a small sample of the things you can learn how to do one step at a time. I have to say this is the ultimate in how to books. Now I am off to learn how to make edible fake barf.
Tasman
An ok "how-to" book that entertains, all though half the stuff in it I wouldn't do any way. This is not the kind of book where you can do everything it says in one day/week, but personally I've found that over time you shall keep coming back to it every once in a while. 3 stars for me
Michelle Couey
how too with details on so much you can do

how to do absolutely everything one step at a time
it is wonderful and the illustrations are great not lots of jargon but lots of pictures with
Sandy
I recall browsing this book with Miss Anna a few yars ago back in Sun Prairie, and encountered it again today. This book is totally browsable and full of lots of fun, random ideas.
Starkville Public Library Young Adult Section
This book is fantastic. It covers everything from skateboarding tricks to science projects to making your own pasta. Check it out, learn its secrets, and then amaze everyone around you.
Elizabeth
This book is really funny and has lots of things that you can do if you get bored. Every task has pictures showing you how to do it step by step.
2010 School visit
Kristi
Jun 23, 2010 Kristi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone with kids 10+
A book of odds and ends things to do with your kids. I thought it was great! My kids are excited to see what we can accomplish/experiment with this summer.
Muhammad
This is a good book... it gives instructions to do the most amazing things a kid can possibly do. It's just an amazing book...!
rebecca clark
Fun stuff! I am particularly interested in the marshmallow dueling.
Amber
i learnt how to do a handstand with this book
Bobbi Taniguchi
My boys really enjoyed this one.
Ericka  S*
Worth reading these book.
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Nick
Nick is currently reading it
Apr 16, 2014
Heather James sisk
Heather James sisk marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Muskaan
Muskaan marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Wawa Yousafzai
Wawa Yousafzai marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Lynne
Lynne added it
Jan 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sarah Hines Stephens and Jane B. Mason both live in Oakland, California, where they spend their time writing books, including the Candy Apple titles The Sister Switch and Snowfall Surprise, and keeping up with their respective children.
More about Sarah Hines Stephens...
Midway Monkey Madness Backward Bowwow (DC Super-Pets) Pooches of Power! Show Mom How (Parenting Magazine): The Handbook for the Brand-New Mom Superpowered Pony (DC Super-Pets)