Start by marking “I Always, ALWAYS Get My Way” as Want to Read:
I Always, ALWAYS Get My Way

I Always, ALWAYS Get My Way

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
From carefully aimed pouts andshifting blame to the threat of anall-out tantrum, this laugh-out-loud story for kids and adults focuses on the clever antics, advantage-taking, limit-testing, and childhood shenanigans ofthree-year-old Emmy. When Emmy spills juice and her dad’s pants get "orange-hosed,” she takes refuge behind Mom’s knee. Expecting a reprimand, Emmy is surpri ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Flashlight Press

To ask other readers questions about I Always, ALWAYS Get My Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Always, ALWAYS Get My Way

JustOneMoreBook.com
Aug 20, 2009 JustOneMoreBook.com rated it it was amazing
Cute only gets you so far in the real world. Capturing the glee of victory and the sting of defeat, this hilariously illustrated rhyming book lets us laugh at our own (and our little sibling's) attempts to prove otherwise.

You can listen in on our chat about this book on our Just One More Book! Children's Book Podcast.

Mentioned in this episode:
Dusan Petricic
David Roberts

We’d love to hear your thoughts on a favourite children’s book. Leave a voice message on our JOMB listener hotline, +1-206-350-
Nance
Aug 23, 2009 Nance rated it it was ok
This picture book is cute and does a great job presenting how a three year old often get away with a lot because of their age. She gets away with getting her big brother in trouble for an accidental bumping in the hall, her sister in trouble for not sharing when she really took things without asking. Despite, the real and cute nature of this book, there is too much text. The rhymes are inconsistent and the main character is not all that lovable.
Andrew Stockle
“I Always, Always Get My Way” is a book told from the perspective of a three year old. The reader is taken through all of the events of this little girl’s adventures, whether she is burying pirate treasure in the back yard which just so happens to be all the household silverware and her brother and sisters belongings, or scooping her own bowl of ice cream on a Saturday morning. The reader gets the impression that this little girl never get in trouble, until the end of the book that is when she i ...more
Melissa Bee
May 09, 2012 Melissa Bee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
I just love this little brat! It has been neat showing to kids at the library and asking them if they ever act like this......It never fails they shake their heads no, no, no and then sneak a look at the parent to check their facial expression.
Jen
Jan 14, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb, storytime
this is a really long book for preschoolers, but I think it's worth reading and maybe could be a book that you skip pages in. make sure to read the end where she gets punished. fun fun fun pictures.
rhyming lines.
Amy
Jun 13, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
This was a good book for my nephew to hear. The girl in the story is three, and my nephew is four, and he is at the age where he sometimes teeters between knowing what proper behavior is and that it's expected of him, and giving in to the powerful "consequences be damned, I want it my way" drive. He was alternately sympathetic toward the girl in the story, and appalled by her antics. It was lots of fun (and very educational to me) to watch those conflicting emotions cross his face as he processe ...more
Beyond the Pages
Apr 01, 2014 Beyond the Pages rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I would have given it a 5 had it provided a "lesson learned" ending. As it is, it just ended with a time out. Did she learn the bigger lesson? That's what I want to know.
Julia Stevens
Jul 15, 2014 Julia Stevens added it
Shelves: rhyming
Great for pre-school aged children. This story presents a good opportunity to discuss appropriate behavior. Includes clever but predictable rhyming.
Stephanie
Feb 04, 2015 Stephanie marked it as to-read
Recommended by Rachel Cranney
Helena
Sep 02, 2014 Helena rated it really liked it
Funny.
Zach
Apr 09, 2011 Zach rated it really liked it
This is a story of a little girl who can seemingly get away with ANYTHING. After all 'she's only three'. But when her antics take destruction to a whole new level, she learns that she can't always flash her little pouty face or throw a tantrum. Nope, she is sent straight to bed where she just may stay until she's four. This is a really great story to help children realize that there are consequences to their actions.
Kate Hastings
Nov 06, 2009 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Grades Pre-K- 2, tattling, discipline, consquences
Emmy is used to getting her way. Her parents always stick up for her when she makes mistakes. Her brothers and sisters get in trouble when she tattles. After all-- she's only three! But one day when she causes a HEAP of trouble, she finally gets her just rewards.

The rhymes were a little forced at times, but the story was fun and children will identify.
Robin
Dec 20, 2014 Robin rated it really liked it
Hilarious rhyming antics of a three-year-old that thinks she won't get in trouble because of her age. The illustrations add to the hysterical couplets. Sure to be loved by parents and older siblings.
Rusty Gregory
Mar 01, 2013 Rusty Gregory rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
"One morning at the breakfast table, when I read the juice box label (thinking is was tightly closed), my daddy's pants got orange-hosed."

I love this book! It has so much character and attitude. The illustrations were fabulous and full of life. Great book! Highly recommend it, especially those with three year olds.
Scarlett
Jul 02, 2012 Scarlett rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Elementary children, librarians, educators
Recommended to Scarlett by: FRA
Oh, my gosh! How my students laughed! Very lyrical and hysterical! The illustrations helped make the story complete. My students fight to get to this book first for checkout. I can't wait to read it again next year to my Specials classes.
Nancy S
Mar 15, 2012 Nancy S rated it really liked it
Very cute and funny. The little girl does finally understand she can't ALWAYS get her way in the end. I laughed out loud when the iguana dressed in a bikini made a run for it!
Chloe Fairfield
a cute little girl who is only 3 years old and who always always gets he own way but at the end of the book she does not get her way cause she takes it way too far up ahead.
Autumn
Dec 22, 2010 Autumn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
This book is hilarious and horrifying (at least for parents!). The rhyming is clever and fun. the illustrations are funny and adorable. Oh, the kids loved it too!
babyhippoface
Dec 04, 2009 babyhippoface rated it liked it
Emmy learns that she can only use the excuse "I'm only three" so many times before there's trouble.
Paula
Apr 12, 2012 Paula rated it liked it
Shelves: pic
She may be three years old and always always gets her way, but be sure to read the whole story.
Wendy
Nov 17, 2010 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Great illustrations, and the look of recognition on my son's face was hysterical.
Rachel
Nov 30, 2009 Rachel rated it really liked it
Very silly, but a good moral at the end, girl thinks and acts like a real child
Marissa García
Dec 10, 2012 Marissa García rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humorous, misbehavior
Riotous humor and rhyming done well. Excellent illustration, too!
Alizea
Oct 15, 2012 Alizea rated it it was amazing
Kristen
Sep 21, 2009 Kristen rated it did not like it
Blech.
Sandy Brehl
Sandy Brehl rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Yazmin
Yazmin rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Mike
Mike added it
Mar 16, 2016
Stephen Morris
Stephen Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016