Start by marking “Once-A-Month Cooking Family Favorites: More Great Recipes That Save You Time and Money from the Inventors of the Ultimate Do-Ahead Dinnertime Method” as Want to Read:

Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg are back with a brand new book that features their Once-A-Month Cooking â„¢ technique guaranteed to save time and money. Filled with all-new cycles - two one-month cycles, two two-week cycles, and three specialty cycles: gourmet, summer, and gluten-free â“ their trademark method remains the same: You shop for an entire cycle all at o

Published September 1st 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Once-A-Month Cooking Family Favorites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once-A-Month Cooking Family Favorites

Darby
Oct 10, 2009 Darby rated it really liked it
I read the Once-a-Month Cooking from the same authors and although I liked the concept and their instructions I was less then thrilled with the recipes. The main reason was many of the recipes weren't things I would cook as they used lots of processed and pre-packaged foods. But this time around with Family Favorites they use a lot more fresh ingredients and just have a better selection of recipes. There is still some pre-packaged foods but much less then the last book - at least it seems that ...more
Jacquie
Jan 20, 2010 Jacquie rated it really liked it
So far I like four recipes from this book - lemon chicken, honey chicken, chicken and broccoli casserole, and the cranberries n' pork chops. I am also going to try the minestrone soup. I like the recipes of this cookbook than the other book that I have for frozen meals. Very simple directions and prep work.
Cathy
Dec 31, 2009 Cathy rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-it
Not as great as the first one. I love the classic recipes in the first one. This one has gluten free recipes and "gourmet" recipes that might be good for a little variety, but they don't fit my family's tastes.
Jennifer Dunham
May 26, 2012 Jennifer Dunham rated it really liked it
I normally like cookbooks with photos on each page, which is not this book. But the layout and ideas in this series by Mary Beth Lagerborg are really useful and efficient for those that might like to cook but just lack the time.
Josita
Nov 06, 2013 Josita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. great recipes. The authors make it so easy to follow the directions. One day is all you need. Every from the menu to shopping list is in the book. I would recommend it to any family.
Katie W
May 03, 2010 Katie W rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
There were very few meals in here that my family will eat (and it does have the "family favorites" phrase included in the title). I want fast and easy things to prepare and freeze and a lot of these recipes seemed to have quite a few ingredients and directions.
Lori Gerlaugh
May 22, 2015 Lori Gerlaugh rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Found several good ones in here that my family likes, that work well with prepping ahead of time (even if I don't freeze them all).
Darlene Voigtman
Darlene Voigtman rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
A
A rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2011
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2013
April Sandoval
April Sandoval rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Michelle M Moore
Michelle M Moore rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2014
Brenda Nickle
Brenda Nickle rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Janelle
Janelle rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Gail Falk
Gail Falk rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2011
Anne Trinkle
Anne Trinkle rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Kristen Deweese
Kristen Deweese rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2011
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Eliza Brock
Eliza Brock rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2011
Christie
Christie rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2010
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Sarah rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2013
Janice Fisher
Janice Fisher rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2012
Kathy Taylor
Kathy Taylor rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2012
Viviane
Viviane rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2012