Start by marking “King Arthur (Usborne Classics Retold)” as Want to Read:
King Arthur (Usborne Classics Retold)

King Arthur (Usborne Classics Retold)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews
-- These wonderful tales, full of magic, mystery and suspense have been retold for today's reader, with atmospheric illustrations, an informative introduction and useful notes.-- Delve into the exciting adventures of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table in this delightful chapter book
Published January 1st 2007 by Usborne Books (first published March 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about King Arthur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Arthur

jillian nessie
Soooo..... I read this forever ago (and I really liked it), but I was looking at the cover again today and noticed something (which I really should've noticed before) which I feel the need to point out:

THE CHAP ON THE COVER IS WEARING BOROMIR'S VAMBRACES!!!!!

Yeah. It's not Boromir, though. Different sword, different clothes, but the vambraces are Boromir's.

And I'm completely cool with that.
Ebookwormy
Is it fiction or history? This book does not resolve that question. Rather, Brooks presents the vibrant story of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, and how Guinevere (or Mordred & Morgan le Fey) brought down Camelot and destroyed the lovely kingdom of Logros that King Arthur built.

We thoroughly enjoyed this adaptation. Brooks has paced the stories selected and the order of presentation well to place the climax of the Last Battle, followed by the resolution of the story with Arthur'
Susan
May 29, 2011 Susan rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mythology lovers
Shelves: mythology, adventure
Jean-Marie
At 139 pages this simple retelling of King Arthur's tales is a quick read. I read this aloud to my 7- and 11-year old to complement our middle ages history lesson. They both really enjoyed it.
3.5/4 stars
Anjanette Barr
My 7 year old enjoyed it, though parts of it were perhaps too mature for him. I did some impromptu editing as I read. Still, a good read - not too simplified. Plenty of rich language.
Jared
I finished reading this to my family this week. Overall, it's a good read, especially since I've never learned about many of the Arthur stories. This was a good first primer on the subject. Good book for third and fourth graders, but there is one pretty gruesome scene when one character's head gets cut off. I think that was a little too much for this age group.
Duane
If you're interested in King Arthur and the story behind his Round Table, then this book is for you. Not meant as a reference book, it's more intended as a enjoyable read to learn the general ideas behind the stories. Although the illustrations aren't done in the traditional King Arthur style, younger readers will probably enjoy the new look.
Chad
Dec 15, 2012 Chad rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: youth
Not a bad basic book to get kids into the stories of King Arther and his knights of the round table. So many parts were left out and it seems to jump around so that it did not flow well. I hope this intro book leads young readers to the actual classic tale and if it does then this book has served its purpose.
Luke
My favorite character in this book was Sir Bedaviere. He was the only one to survive the last battle. He threw Exlcalibur into the lake and a monster hand took it and saved it. It was fun to read.
Sully
very good storys about king arthur and his knights from the sword in the stone to the last battle the athor dose a lot of books about king arthur
Darren
A lot of action, I liked it. However, it was long and it made me very sleepy.
Christian
My favorite part was when they battled.
Robyn
Robyn added it
Jul 16, 2015
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Tony
Tony added it
Jun 19, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
RVan
RVan added it
May 29, 2015
Trevor
Trevor marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Jodi Samantha
Jodi Samantha marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Ianna
Ianna added it
Apr 20, 2015
Sabi Jůnová
Sabi Jůnová marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Hanh Vu
Hanh Vu marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Camden
Camden added it
Mar 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Tales of King Arthur Jason and the Argonauts Fred the Firefighter Daisy the Doctor Usborne Lift and Look Diggers (Lift-and-Look Board Books)