Start by marking “King Arthur (Usborne Classics Retold)” as Want to Read:
King Arthur (Usborne Classics Retold)

King Arthur (Usborne Classics Retold)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  72 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
-- These wonderful tales, full of magic, mystery and suspense have been retold for today's reader, with atmospheric illustrations, an informative introduction and useful notes.-- Delve into the exciting adventures of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table in this delightful chapter book
Published January 1st 2007 by Usborne Books (first published March 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about King Arthur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Arthur

Hossay
Jan 09, 2016 Hossay rated it really liked it
Felicity Brooks’ chapter book narrates the exciting adventures of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, from the sword in the stone to the last battle. It depicts his changing status and life in an engaging and emotional way as readers track his ascent to the throne and the rewards and challenges he encounters. Chapters such as ‘The lady in the lake’ and ‘Excalibur’ bring to life the unique characters of Camelot including the wise and charismatic wizard Merlin, the chivalrous Sir Lance ...more
jillian nessie
Oct 13, 2012 jillian nessie rated it really liked it
Soooo..... I read this forever ago (and I really liked it), but I was looking at the cover again today and noticed something (which I really should've noticed before) which I feel the need to point out:

THE CHAP ON THE COVER IS WEARING BOROMIR'S VAMBRACES!!!!!

Yeah. It's not Boromir, though. Different sword, different clothes, but the vambraces are Boromir's.

And I'm completely cool with that.
Ebookwormy
Is it fiction or history? This book does not resolve that question. Rather, Brooks presents the vibrant story of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, and how Guinevere (or Mordred & Morgan le Fey) brought down Camelot and destroyed the lovely kingdom of Logros that King Arthur built.

We thoroughly enjoyed this adaptation. Brooks has paced the stories selected and the order of presentation well to place the climax of the Last Battle, followed by the resolution of the story with Arthur'
Susan
May 29, 2011 Susan rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Mythology lovers
Shelves: adventure, mythology
Jean-Marie
Mar 12, 2015 Jean-Marie rated it really liked it
At 139 pages this simple retelling of King Arthur's tales is a quick read. I read this aloud to my 7- and 11-year old to complement our middle ages history lesson. They both really enjoyed it.
3.5/4 stars
Rakianshai
Mar 14, 2016 Rakianshai rated it really liked it
We gave this book to my cousin for his birthday. I think he'll enjoy it. Good stories.
Anjanette Barr
Apr 30, 2015 Anjanette Barr rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-kids
My 7 year old enjoyed it, though parts of it were perhaps too mature for him. I did some impromptu editing as I read. Still, a good read - not too simplified. Plenty of rich language.
Jared
I finished reading this to my family this week. Overall, it's a good read, especially since I've never learned about many of the Arthur stories. This was a good first primer on the subject. Good book for third and fourth graders, but there is one pretty gruesome scene when one character's head gets cut off. I think that was a little too much for this age group.
Duane
Feb 09, 2009 Duane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're interested in King Arthur and the story behind his Round Table, then this book is for you. Not meant as a reference book, it's more intended as a enjoyable read to learn the general ideas behind the stories. Although the illustrations aren't done in the traditional King Arthur style, younger readers will probably enjoy the new look.
Chad
Dec 15, 2012 Chad rated it liked it
Shelves: youth
Not a bad basic book to get kids into the stories of King Arther and his knights of the round table. So many parts were left out and it seems to jump around so that it did not flow well. I hope this intro book leads young readers to the actual classic tale and if it does then this book has served its purpose.
Luke
Apr 05, 2009 Luke rated it it was amazing
My favorite character in this book was Sir Bedaviere. He was the only one to survive the last battle. He threw Exlcalibur into the lake and a monster hand took it and saved it. It was fun to read.
Sully
May 11, 2011 Sully rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
very good storys about king arthur and his knights from the sword in the stone to the last battle the athor dose a lot of books about king arthur
Darren
Jan 17, 2011 Darren rated it really liked it
A lot of action, I liked it. However, it was long and it made me very sleepy.
Christian
Oct 19, 2008 Christian rated it it was amazing
My favorite part was when they battled.
Beth
Beth added it
May 02, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Darren Whiting
Darren Whiting rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Carol McHale
Carol McHale marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Nathan Zelaya
Nathan Zelaya marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Huzaifa Yaman
Huzaifa Yaman marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016