Start by marking “Shriman Yogi (श्रीमान योगी)” as Want to Read:
Shriman Yogi (श्रीमान योगी)

Shriman Yogi (श्रीमान योगी)

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,028 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
Shrimanyogi is a biographical work on the life and the achievements of the great Maratha king, Chatrapathi Shivaji. Shivaji has been a legendary figure in the Indian history.

Shivaji was one of the major influences on the revival of nationalism and Hindu culture during a period when centuries of rule by Muslim invaders had induced a condition of apathy and indifference in t
Published May 2012 by Mehta Publishing House (first published January 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Shriman Yogi, please sign up.

Vijay Rayasam Best way would be to purchase own copy from a book library or online.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Vijay Rayasam You get it in any local book stores or local libraries. Otherwise try purchasing online from bookganga.com
Mrityunjaya by Shivaji SawantShriman Yogi by Ranjit Desai (रणजित देसाई)Chhava by Shivaji SawantSwami by Ranjit Desai (रणजित देसाई)Shyamchi Aai by Sane Gurujee
Evergreen Books In Marathi
2nd out of 64 books — 191 voters
Mrityunjaya by Shivaji SawantChhava by Shivaji SawantShyamchi Aai by Sane GurujeeShriman Yogi by Ranjit Desai (रणजित देसाई)Swami by Ranjit Desai (रणजित देसाई)
Best MARATHI Books Of ALL TIME
4th out of 54 books — 83 voters

More lists with this book...

Avadhut
Dec 10, 2011 Avadhut rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Language – Marathi/English

My Rating – 5/5

Summary –

Shreeman Yogi is a historical novel depicting life of Chatrapati Shivaji. Scripted by Ranjit Desai, the celebrated Marathi author, Shreeman Yogi along with Swami is considered as the best among his works.

Review –

Being a Maharashtrian it is extremely difficult for me to critically review any work on the life of Shivaji. Shivaji is revered by us as the greatest among the Indian kings. So rather than writing ab
Santosh
Nov 29, 2012 Santosh rated it it was amazing
no words to express...
अंगावर काटा येतो , रकत उसळायला लागत ,आतून आवाज येतो हर हर महादेव !
red this book several times, first time red when i was in 4 std. , give me strength to fight against all odds...
dhrona
Mar 28, 2016 dhrona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
If you have been desperate to read about Shivaji and had trouble reading refined Marathi then this might be your best hope. This is not really a biography but more a dramatized presentation of Shivaji's life.

I have enjoyed reading this book, mostly because I had wanted to read about him for a long time. If you are well conversant with Marathi then you should read the original "Shrimanyogi" by Ranjit Desai. This book is a translation and doesn't really live up to the original book. The translati
Apoorv  Moghe
It is one thrilling ride.. through history and mystery !
What is the most charming facet of the book is its sensitivity. The way Ranjit Desai handles his pen is definitely as worthy as how the great Shivaji would have had handled his mighty sword.

This is an ode to the magnum-opus called Shivaji, not just as a king and a warrior but also as a person !
Shweta
Jul 14, 2015 Shweta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marathi, history
Heart touching saga of the great Maratha Warrior. A must read for every history lover.
Vijay Rayasam
May 16, 2014 Vijay Rayasam rated it it was amazing
I recently completed reading this book. I found it very beautiful and more importantly the feelings erupt from us while reading it. The discriptions made in this book are amazing and will definately make you cry. While reading we can actually imagine the entire scene running in front of our eyes. Another important feature is being a non maharshtrian i could read and understand the language, so the language used by the author is very simple. So my request to those people who are non maharashtrian ...more
Nitin Kulkarni
Aug 30, 2012 Nitin Kulkarni rated it it was amazing
this is the best fiction,or rather imaginary book based on great maratha warrior chhatrpati shivaji...... i m saying that because its not written as history...... but a story.
Rahul
Aug 14, 2011 Rahul rated it it was amazing
This book inspired me in my tough times of life... i thank the author for writing it!!!
Nitin Kulkarni
Aug 30, 2012 Nitin Kulkarni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i was lucky to spend some memorable moments with ranjeetdada over a period of time. he used to get stuck in to the subject he is writing about, i`ve seen him doing that when he was handling " RAJA RAVIVERMA". this was in htl gokul,kolhapur, maharashtra.
Shrirang Deshpande
Apr 19, 2015 Shrirang Deshpande rated it it was amazing
Very fantastic journey of shivaji maharaj
Sagar Mujumdar
Dec 22, 2015 Sagar Mujumdar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Romanchak! Apratim!!
Ajay Lad
Oct 11, 2014 Ajay Lad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The epoch-maker Chhatrapati was at first a Muslim’s dependent but he managed from the age of fifteen to free his small jagir of Poona and based his future greatness on that small beginning, entirely relying on his own effort and initiative. ….. He welded the scattered elements of his people into united body and with their help accomplished his main object.
He established an independent kingdom of his own stretching from Salher and Ahiwant in the West Khandesh to Tanjore on the Kaveri, with uncha
Aniket Mahajani
Mar 31, 2015 Aniket Mahajani rated it really liked it
There are various books in marathi on Shivaji, no doubt his life is full of all thats required for a novel that there is hardly anyone who wont like to write about him....have gone through few of such books on him already, as compared to "Raja Shivchhatrapati" by Babasaheb Purandare,felt this is not that elaborative & detailed...although its rich enough to portray the great kings life n almost all aspects in it
Pranav PATIL
Oct 06, 2015 Pranav PATIL rated it it was amazing
The best researched book ever. Just loved the way it is written. Very interesting, this was the 2nd book on Chattrapathi Shivaji. You'll be so satisfied after buying it. A real gem of Indian Literature. The Author is of my district and later I came to know that he was very close to my uncle. My mind was honored after reading it.
Varad
Feb 01, 2016 Varad rated it it was amazing
This book is a source of inspiration, a source of positivity. You will learn a lot.
Shri.Desai sir has written extremely well and in very easy language to understand anyone
Really this is a book I will advise anyone to read
Kedar Takalkar
Oct 17, 2015 Kedar Takalkar rated it it was amazing
Read it umpteen no of times.... beautiful language... describing one of the most thrilling n courageous part of Indian and in particular, Maharashtra's history.... the scenes are epic..... N so is the life of Shivaji Maharaj....
Ccc
Dec 05, 2014 Ccc rated it it was amazing
There are no words where this Kadambari takes you too.... It takes you to the olden swaraj created by Shivaji maharaj.... It is overwhelming how you experience every bit of it...
Yogesh Kamble
May 07, 2015 Yogesh Kamble rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian-history
One of the best book I ever read and after reading this book I truly understand Shivaji Maharaj and his Nature and how he build Maratha Empire.

The way the book is written by Ranjit Desai is awesome, while reading book whole history play in front of your eyes and you just feel you are with Shivaji Maharaj in his Life Journey.

Each and every situation is very detailed explained by Ranjit Desai that shows how much research writer had made while writing this book.

Book will properly explain how Shivaj
Aditi Patil
Dec 13, 2014 Aditi Patil rated it it was amazing
every marathi manus must read this novel.. if you think you are suffering through alot, this novel will tell you, '' manstap tar shivrayannahi chukla nahi!!!''
Mangesh Ghodake
Feb 12, 2016 Mangesh Ghodake rated it it was amazing
If you know Marathi then I that should be first book that you should read. Accurate presentation of history with natural story telling form.
Sudhir Tingare
Feb 10, 2014 Sudhir Tingare rated it really liked it
ranjeet desai's humour to historical events and applying human emotions to people of that time is a nice experience to read ..
Pravinreading
Sep 08, 2014 Pravinreading rated it it was amazing
No word to explain, very nice novel which portraits life of chatrapati in Desai sir style.
Yogendra Patil
May 28, 2015 Yogendra Patil rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Neha Ramdasi
Sep 15, 2014 Neha Ramdasi rated it really liked it
It was really nice.. whole history runs in front of you
Rahul Vaze
Aug 21, 2014 Rahul Vaze rated it it was amazing
great book written by great author of a greatest warrior so far
Piyugadakari
Dec 21, 2015 Piyugadakari marked it as to-read
Richa
Feb 16, 2015 Richa rated it it was amazing
A real good classic. Must read.
Aditi
Jun 08, 2014 Aditi rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book...Shivaji MAharaj ki jay!!
SAM
Jun 16, 2016 SAM rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sam
i want to read this book.
Purushottam Muley
  • Yugandhar
  • Raja ShivChatrapati
  • Shyamchi Aai
  • Bangarwadi (बानगरवाडी)
  • Ek hota Carver (एक होता कार्व्हर)
  • Majhi Janmathep
  • Amrutvel
  • Zunj
परसिदध कादंबरीकार , कथालेखक , नाटककार . रणजित देसाई मूळचे कोलहापूरचया कोवाडचे. इंगरजी शाळेत असतानाच तयांनी लेखनाला सुरुवात केली. कोलहापूरचया ' महादवार ' मधून तयांनी कथालेखन करायला सुरुवात केली.

इंटर नापास असलेलया देसाई यांनी मधये परसाद मासिकाने आयोजीत केलेलया कथासपरधेत भैरव ही कथा सादर केली. तयांचया कथेला पारितोषिक मिळाले. या पारितोषिकामुळे तयांचया कथालेखनाला परोतसाहन मिळाले. रुपमहाल () , कणंव ()
More about Ranjit Desai (रणजित देसाई)...