Start by marking “Ampersand: stories” as Want to Read:
Ampersand: stories

Ampersand: stories

Winner of the William Rosenfeld Chapbook Prize in 2009 and Richardson's debut chapbook, this volume collects "Crooked," "Rabbit, Rabbit," "Circulation," "Save Money, Live Better," "A Cloud of Elk," "As Serious as Your Life," and "Primavera." Limited edition print.
Published 2009 by Hamilton College

To ask other readers questions about Ampersand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ampersand

H
Aug 23, 2009 H rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-short
"I believe / In tongues that tell and hands / That hold, curling around like / Ampersands, connecting."

These stories have a gripping integrity to them; you have to wonder how it's possible the author came up with all of this in her head, because there's no way this was her life and it's all true. But it is. And it's fiction, and it's truth.

The prose is masterful. This writing makes you love the flaws in people. Richardson makes terrific use of synecdoche, using single, focused details to describ
hannah
May 24, 2010 hannah rated it it was amazing
Not a bad story in the bunch. Definitely my favorite collection that I've read recently. I feel like it's hard to find short stories that aren't about older people, so I appreciated that this was young. I was also impressed with how natural it seemed for her to write from both a male and female perspective.
Jayme
Jayme marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Meryl Ayres
Meryl Ayres marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Rita Reese
Rita Reese marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Terry Everett
Terry Everett marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016