Mr. Chatterbox (Mr. Men, #20)

Mr. Chatterbox (Mr. Men #20)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  10 reviews
They're back! Rediscover the zaniest characters you've ever met in this best-selling series which has sold millions worldwide. Bright and charming, with easily recognizable characters and a small take-along format, Mr. Men and Little Miss books are easy enough for young readers, witty enough for humor-prone adults, and highly collectible for one and all. Also check your lo...more
Published September 29th 1997 by Price Stern Sloan (first published 1976)

Godzilla
A tale of a magical hat and someone with a propensity for verbal diahorrea. I think we all know someone like Mr Chatterbox, and would love to have a magical solution.

The sheer verbosity of Mr Chatterbox made it a difficult read to my children, but it emphasised the nature of his affliction!

Even my talkative 4 year old was astounded by the avalanche of words tumbling from my mouth: "Does he really say all that?"

It's just a shame that hats aren't in fashion as much these days. We have to suffer in...more
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Christina
Does anyone else remember these "Mr. Man" books from their childhood? I just came across a few at a thrift store. They're nothing spectacular, very simply illustrated, slightly moralistic stories, but my boys think they're hilarious. We've also read Mr. Rush, Mr. Tall, Mr. Happy, Mr. Nosey, and Mr. Lazy. They also have french versions for you overachieving parents who want to have bilingual children or who just want to keep up their french skills.
Anna
I have always loved the Mr. and Little Miss books! My second grade teacher would read them to us after lunch. I still have my copy of Mr. Chatterbox from almost 25 years ago. I have more recently started collecting them and would love to buy a whole set.
Talya
It's great to talk with friends and neighbors but surely not too much and not like Mr. Chatterbox, but what a plan the seller thought of, it was really great ^_^
Ashton
Mr chatterbox always chatter.He chatters at night and day.He disturbs everybody.There was a hat.It is very special.
Ash
Mr Chatterbox. remind me of nothing but me.. LOVED the writing in it and the idea I just loved the whole tiny book.
Inspired Kathy
This is a fun little book. I wish I had a magic hat to deal with chatterboxes.
Gavin
How to silence a chatterbox. The use of a magic hat is advised.
I loved the Mr. books when I was little :)
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Haima Al-mufti
Haima Al-mufti marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Mike Evershed
Mike Evershed marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Lou
Lou added it
Apr 27, 2014
  • That's Not My Monster
  • Cat's Quizzer (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection)
  • I Like You
  • Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree (Little Golden Books)
  • The Berenstain Bears Blaze a Trail
  • Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum
  • There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Hairy Maclary Scattercat
  • Tyrannosaurus Drip
  • What Color Is Your Underwear?
  • Richard Scarry's Best First Book Ever!
  • Where's Waldo Now?
  • Beware Of The Storybook Wolves
  • The Tale of Two Bad Mice
  • The Secret Of NIMH
  • Paddington Bear
  • Aliens Love Underpants
  • The Night Pirates
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et...more
More about Roger Hargreaves...
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1) Little Miss Bossy Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8) Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)