Start by marking “Hot Gimmick, Volume 3 (Hot Gimmick Omnibus Edition, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hot Gimmick, Volume 3 (Hot Gimmick Omnibus Edition, #3)

Hot Gimmick, Volume 3 (Hot Gimmick #7-9)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  7 reviews
R to L (Japanese Style). I love you like a brother.He loves me like a lover.Shinogu's deepest secret is exposed...the one that will take him out of Hatsumi's life forever. If you think being a teenager is hard, wait until you read Hot Gimmick --these Tokyo boys and girls are really messed up!
Paperback, VIZBIG Edition, 560 pages
Published December 8th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Gimmick, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Gimmick, Volume 3

Oct 07, 2011 Kereesa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 16+ shojo fans.
Recommended to Kereesa by: Jay and Nicole Daigle
This third omnibus volume in the Hot Gimmick series is filled with romance, conflicts, and most importantly very sexy scenes with Ryoki.

Good to know where my priorities lie eh?

So this third volume was much more fun than the second, filler-filled-sort-of volume in this series. I won't go into the plot, that's spoilery!, but I really liked this one because so many things (and by things I mean plots) moved in this one.

One of them was the relationship between Hatsumi and Ryoki. While the first two
I’ve become a manga fan only recently. It’s definitely a guilty pleasure, and most of the time I don’t have too many opinions about the manga I read. This is probably because I haven’t finished a series until now. Well, I actually have but I’ll be writing a review on that one as well. Anyway, it’s hard to have an opinion on something that hasn’t resolved yet. Since this one has, I’ll give my opinion.

The thing I enjoy about manga is the visual aspect. I love seeing it all laid out on the page for
Hatsumi has a complicated life. She has a boyfriend who is a control freak and want’s nothing but her attention. She can't even think about other boys, even if they’re really truly just friends. Her eyes always have to be on him. Then her best friend is trying to find out who killed his mother (she wasn't murder she was just waiting for the man she loved so long she died). And her brother has a very dark secret that could affect his relationship with Hatsumi. So Hastumi’s heart is tied on a stri ...more
Lovely. This volume did an excellent job in developing relationships between the characters, Hatsumi and Ryoki mainly, but also Akane and Subaru. As well as introducing the Shinogu subplot and the newest additions to the crazy conspiracy with Asuza's mother. I think I've got a theory on what's happening there.

The art was absolutely gorgeous in this installment. It took all I had not to put the pretty coloured photos between issues up on my wall. Luckily I did not, else wise Keressa may kill me
Nek0 Baka Books
We are on to volume three! A bit more of the normal teenage antics that come with shojo is being presented in this volume, but it's not enough to drive a person away. In actuality, I believe that the adult themes with younger issues displayed here make for a twisted and fascinating plot. Progression is made as things sort of pile up, creating a minor overload for the brain, but in a very good way. Relationships change and hearts break in this third installment of the omnibus edition. Once again ...more
it's really tough for me to root for anyone in this story. i want to root for shinogu, but i understand hatsumi's sibling bond with him (even if he's adopted, and he doesn't see the sibling bond), want to root for ryoki, but he's a meanie, tyrant, abusive...
it's like, 'just go find some other people to know and like hatsumi!' still, will probably buy the next big pack of hot gimmick that comes out.
There are some real twists to this story. I was suprised by a few things but it adds to the goodness of the story . A good read
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Genesis marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
pea marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Angela Simon-helmer
Angela Simon-helmer marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Rayah Zoldyck
Rayah Zoldyck marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Holly Letson
Holly Letson marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Melissa Lister
Melissa Lister marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Dylan Murphy
Dylan Murphy marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
  • Otomen, Vol. 3 (Otomen, #3)
  • B.O.D.Y., Volume 2
  • Hana-Kimi (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 1 (Butterflies, Flowers, #1)
  • Crossroad Vol. 1
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 04 (Captive Hearts, #4)
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 10
  • Me & My Brothers, Vol. 1 (Me & My Brothers, #1)
  • Clover Omnibus (Clover, #1-4)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 4 (Rurouni Kenshin #10-12)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 3 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #3)
  • Fruits Basket Ultimate Edition, Vol. 2 (v. 2)
  • Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink: The Complete Collection
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 02
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 03
  • Inuyasha, Volume 2 (VIZBIG Edition)
Name in native language: 相原実貴
Blood type: A
More about Miki Aihara...

Hot Gimmick (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hot Gimmick (Vol. 1)
  • Hot Gimmick (Vol. 7)
  • Hot Gimmick (Vol. 8)
  • Hot Gimmick (Vol. 9)
  • Hot Gimmick (Vol. 10)
Hot Gimmick (Vol. 1) Honey Hunt, Vol. 1 Hot Gimmick (Vol. 2) Hot Gimmick (Vol. 5) Hot Gimmick (Vol. 9)