Start by marking “Riverside Park” as Want to Read:
Riverside Park

Riverside Park

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Along the banks of the Hudson River is one of New York's premier enclaves, Riverside Park, where up-and-comers rub shoulders with those who have already made it.

Once deliriously happy, Amanda and Howard Stewart now teeter on the brink of infidelity—and financial ruin.

Media titan Cassy Cochran's storybook marriage hides the secret at the core of her existence.

Beau
Published July 21st 2009 by Mira (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Riverside Park, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Riverside Park

Elizabeth
Way too many characters to keep track of. I had to flip to the beginning chapters several times to be reminded who was who. With that said, it was an interesting storyline and kept me entertained all weekend.
Cardyn Brooks
DNF

My appreciation for the Sally Harrington novels may have negatively influenced my expectations for Riverside Park, which is structured more like an old-school romance saga from the 70s or 80s. Other readers have called it a soap opera and they're correct.

Read the Sally Harrinigton titles for a truer idea of how engaging L.V.W.'s writing can be.
Kelly
oh, so lame. i love books set in manhattan, but other than the author throwing in the occasional "They walked up Riverside Drive," you'd never know that's where the characters are. and for a book with an entire subplot about book publishing and editing, there sure were a lot of mistakes!
Jen Reardon
A predictable story that was a little confusing to follow as each chapter switches to a different set of characters all introduced in the first chapter when I have to admit I did not pay enough attention to remember who was who later on.
Felisa
This book definitely read like a soap opera, but for some reason I couldn't put it down. There were far too many characters in it, but I eventually caught up. Great vacation read, otherwise I'm not sure I would have liked it as much.
Lauren
Meh. It was pretty much like a soap opera in a book. I enjoyed it but it wasn't anything spectacular or particularly noteworthy...I literally just finished it and I've already forgotten most of the plot!
Sheri
Ever watch a soap opera?? That's what this is, the life of the rich and powerful in a book and all their shallow details of lifestyle. Fun, escapism reading.
Barb
Clearly, you can only luck out so much when you randomly pick books off of the library shelf. More like a soap opera.
Heidi
2 stars is generous. I can't believe I read and finished this book. A star above stupid....
Sue
A quick read. Love to follow the different characters and how they all interconnect.
Amy
Nice interwoven story of several families and their struggles in love.
Jknick
Read like a soap opera. Mindless read, but enjoyable.
Ludmirska
this is soap opera of a book - beee
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Karen K. Miller
Karen K. Miller marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Carol
Carol added it
Oct 29, 2014
Kiersten
Kiersten marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Michele Tell
Michele Tell marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Erin Wrir
Erin Wrir marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Cara
Cara marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Jen Bradbury
Jen Bradbury marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Laura Van Wormer grew up in Darien, Connecticut, graduated from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, and has spent most of her adult life working in publishing. She is the author of eleven previous novels. The Kill Fee is the fifth in the Sally Harrington series, although some of the characters - most notably the group at DBS News - are in her earlier novels Ri ...more
More about Laura Van Wormer...
Riverside Drive Exposé The Bad Witness Trouble Becomes Her The Last Lover (Sally Harrington Novels)