Start by marking “Miss Fox's Class Goes Green” as Want to Read:
Miss Fox's Class Goes Green

Miss Fox's Class Goes Green (Miss Fox's Class)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Miss Fox shows up at school riding her bicycle, Mouse asks, "Do you have a flat tire?" "No," Miss Fox tells her students. "I am going green!" Soon everyone in the class is working to keep the earth healthy. Mouse takes shorter showers (and does her singing after!); Bunny brings a cloth bag to the supermarket; and Possum turns the lights off when he goes out. And Miss ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Albert Whitman & Company (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Fox's Class Goes Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Fox's Class Goes Green

Chiix Moses
MY REVIEW
Preserving the earth is something that I am passionate about, so reading this book made me very happy. This book has some simply wonderful ideas for using less energy, some of which I had heard before, and some of which I hadn't. Having a 'toy swap' is a lovely idea for children to still get new things to play with, but not have to throw away old toys. I also liked that this book took care to mark that sometimes we will make mistakes when starting something new, like forgetting to tur
MollyKate Mclaughlin
This is a book that can be read to a class, about a class that goes green. It all starts with the teacher, Miss Fox, who decides to set an example for her class. Students start to follow her and do their part in making the world a better place. Mouse takes shorter showers and Bunny brings a cloth bag to the supermarket; and Possum turns the lights off when he goes out. The principal starts riding his bike, too, and soon the whole school is going green! As in Peace Week in Miss Fox's Class, Eilee ...more
Samantha Hagler
This story is about a teacher named Miss Fox who shows up at school riding her bicycle and all of the students wonder why. Miss Fox tells them that she is going green and trying to treat the environment better. Miss Fox teaches her whole class a lesson and all of her students start "going green" as well. Pretty soon, the entire school has caught on to the trend and start riding their bikes to school, planting trees, turning off lights, etc.

I could use this book for a social studies or science u
Dolly
Nov 07, 2009 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun story to introduce the environmentally friendly concepts of Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle to children of elementary school age. Miss Fox's rules for "going green" are fairly simple. 1. Use less stuff - recycle, 2. Use less energy, 3. Use less water. And the examples were good to highlight how children can make a difference and how they can influence what their parents do as well. We enjoyed reading this book together.
Samantha
A good read aloud that covers a class adopting a go green lifestyle and the different situations that call for a different judgment.

I liked how this book illustrated go green concepts without being preachy. The dialogue and supporting story is solid, not just loosely constructed to serve the purpose of writing a book on a timely topic.

Recommended for grades 1-3.
Rachel
Book about going Green. The teacher rides in on a bike and the students question why she is riding a bike and not driving a car. She explains to her students that she is going green and what that means to go green. The students decide to go green and it shows the different ways that they go green and the effects that they do.
Christy Whitaker
Teach your student's how to go green using Miss Fox. She teaches students to use less water, less energy, both sides of a paper, to turn of the TV when you leave, trade toys, etc. This book is a great tool to teach science and social action.
Sheri
Eileen has a cute story about going green and recycling and the words are spare. The pictures are great by Anne Kennedy with lots going on in each spread. Good for teaching recycling at school. I liked the theme and can use it for work.
Beth Chandler
Both fun and useful to teach young children simple ways they can "go green."
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Joanne
Joanne added it
Aug 26, 2014
Felixcyrille
Felixcyrille marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Queenie
Queenie marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Sagar
Sagar added it
Jul 31, 2014
Tina
Tina added it
Jul 10, 2014
Sherryl Solis
Sherryl Solis marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Eileen Spinelli, wife of famed children's author Jerry Spinelli, is an award winning children's book author from southeastern Pennsylvania.
More about Eileen Spinelli...
Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch Where I Live The Dancing Pancake Sophie's Masterpiece: A Spider's Tale Silly Tilly