Start by marking “Second Grade Rules, Amber Brown” as Want to Read:
Second Grade Rules, Amber Brown

Second Grade Rules, Amber Brown (A is for Amber)

Amber Brown thinks that second grae rules! But when her teacher says desks have to be kept clean, Amber knows that is one rule she cannot follow. She desperately wants the desk fairy, Deskarina, to visit her desk and leave a reward. A messy desk never bothered Amber before, but now that a treat is involved, it does...Following closely on the events in Get Ready for Second ...more
Published July 21st 2005 by Penguin Young Readers (first published July 22nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Second Grade Rules, Amber Brown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Grade Rules, Amber Brown

Andrea
Jun 19, 2011 Andrea rated it really liked it
I'm giving this book 4 stars because it made me laugh. Did you know that there's a desk fairy named Deskarina and the tooth fairy's name is Dentalina? Haha.
I also like that Amber Brown discovered a way to do something she thought she couldn't do and turned a bad habit into a good habit.
It's a cute, imaginative book, and Haven liked it enough to read it twice. That's saying something.
Katie Fitzgerald
This easy reader is the last in the A is for Amber Brown series, which ended in 2004, following author Paula Danziger's death. I couldn't get enough of Paula Danziger when I was in middle school, and this story, about second-grader Amber's troubles with a messy desk, reminded me of the reasons I love her writing.

Amber Brown loves second grade. She loves her teacher, Ms. Light, who creates special days like pocket day, and she can live with the classroom rules, which involve being respectful, bei
Dolly
Jan 21, 2010 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun and imaginative tale about a little girl's experiences in second grade. All is great until the desk fairy comes to visit. Amber is a creative and cooperative student, but she finds it difficult to keep her desk clean and neat. This is a story of her attempts to change that and it's a fun story for children in first and second grades. Our girls really liked it.
Cana
Dec 13, 2010 Cana rated it really liked it
Mommy says: The A is for Amber books are really for beginning readers who want a taste of the chapter book life. Cana has already devoured all the Amber Brown chapter books, but I picked up this and others in the series just to round out our entire Amber Brown reading experience. She probably read this in 3 minutes.
Kristine Hansen
Jul 10, 2012 Kristine Hansen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, easy-reader
Amber heads to second grade and has a lot of worries about who her teacher is going to be, and what it's going to be like.

I enjoyed visiting Amber's classroom, and I enjoyed learning a bit about the name "Amber." Overall it's a good book, and an enjoyable series. One I would recommend.
Cassi Dick
Apr 29, 2013 Cassi Dick rated it really liked it
This book is a good way for students to read about following rules and how if you do you can reap the benifits. This is obviously a book for second graders.
Melissa
Jun 30, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deskarina

I do not like it when Hannah Burton tries to trip Amber Brown.
I like it when Amber Brown gets her reward.
Reese
Reese rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
Nate
Nate rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2009
Sara
Sara rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2012
Ella♥'s Hugs
Ella♥'s Hugs rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2009
Sarah Anne
Sarah Anne rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2008
Evan
Evan rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2009
Kamryn
Kamryn rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Mya
Mya rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2013
Sophie Carleton
Sophie Carleton rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Kalen
Kalen rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Ewa
Ewa rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2013
Sonja
Sonja rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2011
Ella Mathias
Ella Mathias rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015
Gregory
Gregory rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2008
Shazmeena Jamal
Shazmeena Jamal rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2013
Coco
Coco rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Kim Vaughn russell
Kim Vaughn russell rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Somayeh
Somayeh rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Marika
Marika rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2008
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
ROHIT
ROHIT rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Sandy Hearn
Sandy Hearn rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Best Seat in Second Grade
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Pizza Shop Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)
  • The Magic School Bus Lost in the Snow  (Scholastic Reader, Level 2)
  • The Biggest, Best Snowman
  • Boris on the Move (Boris #1)
  • Fancy Nancy and the Mean Girl
  • Flat Stanley and the Firehouse
  • Boy, Were  We Wrong About Dinosaurs!
  • Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine
  • From Seed to Plant
  • My Parents Think I'm Sleeping
  • Snowmen at Work
  • The Golly Sisters Go West
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil
More about Paula Danziger...

A is for Amber (6 books)
  • What a Trip, Amber Brown
  • It's Justin Time, Amber Brown
  • Get Ready for Second Grade, Amber Brown
  • Orange You Glad It's Halloween, Amber Brown? (A is for Amber)
  • It's a Fair Day, Amber Brown