Start by marking “Teach Yourself: Better Handwriting” as Want to Read:
Teach Yourself: Better Handwriting

Teach Yourself: Better Handwriting

Right your writing

This practical and informative book will help you to improve your handwriting and develop a mature and individual style. Written specifically for adults, its self-diagnosis test will help you identify any trouble spots with your handwriting. 'Before' and 'after' examples illustrate common faults. This book covers everything from holding a pen, to the d
Paperback, Third Edition, 195 pages
Published November 1st 2009 by Teach Yourself (first published August 5th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Teach Yourself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teach Yourself

Josh
Feb 08, 2014 Josh rated it liked it
It's all here: equipment (pen, paper, desk, chair), technique (grips, model alphabets to copy), and exercises (to relax, to form or to join letters).

Authors strongly claim to have written a self-diagnosis tool and not a classroom instructional guide (to repeat other reviewers). I agree. The authors suggest you're making changes to your process according to changes you want to see in your written output. Simple changes are good: paper on your writing-hand-side, test different equipment, try diffe
Shannon
Mar 31, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I was disappointed this book repeats several times that it's not for teaching students to write, but if I were looking to refine my own personal handwriting, this is definitely a resource I'd use. Wish I could convince Toby to read it.

I support independent bookstores. You can use this link to find one near you or order books about handwriting on IndieBound: http://www.indiebound.org/hybrid?filt...
Stacy
Jul 20, 2013 Stacy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked what the author had to say about handwriting, habits, practice and personalization. She had exercises that looked interesting but no real information on how to use them, do them, or what to try/look for as you did them. While this had me all revved to improve theoretically, it didn't actually give me a way to do it in practice.
Polly
Mar 17, 2009 Polly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The authors stress personality over models. They remind writers to use proper penmanship by slowing down and paying attention. This would be a good book for people with poor handwriting who would be willing to invest in many sheets of paper and many hours of practice.
reed
Sep 28, 2009 reed rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A quick read. Good for helping you diagnose problems with your handwriting, but doesn't really offer much to help you correct those problems.
Jill
Oct 08, 2015 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibliotherapy
I wish the exercises were a bit clearer, but I like the book and it's helping.
Joel
Jul 22, 2016 Joel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is very basic. I picked it up in order to help me with my cursive writing but the section on cursive was very disappointing. It had good points but didn't talk about cursive as much as, what I feel to be, joining of print letters.

If you still want to read this book, I recomand that you try to find this book at the library or buy it used rather than paying full price.
Fullfaun
Apr 28, 2016 Fullfaun rated it it was amazing
superb for adults
Lia
Feb 01, 2010 Lia rated it liked it
Well-written text. I wanted it to feel very do-able, but instead it felt rather overwhelming.
Kim
Jun 22, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good ideas and techniques. Now I need to put them to practice and see what I can achieve.
Wesley Morgan
Aug 01, 2010 Wesley Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book helped me SO much.
Lori Oller
Lori Oller marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Jameel Hyder
Jameel Hyder rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Chris Cook
Chris Cook is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2016
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Taylan
Taylan rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Lachlan
Lachlan marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Ron
Ron marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Noor Daghistani
Noor Daghistani marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Elen Roberts
Elen Roberts rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Elias
Elias rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Zed
Zed marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Chris Craddock
Chris Craddock marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Arto
Arto marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Hitessh Panchal
Hitessh Panchal marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Smajik
Smajik added it
Apr 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Great on the Job: What to Say, How to Say It. The Secrets of Getting Ahead.
  • The Meaning of Life from a Buddhist Perspective
  • Wanted Women: Faith, Lies, and the War on Terror: The Lives of Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Aafia Siddiqui
  • Tension City: Inside the Presidential Debates, from Kennedy-Nixon to Obama-McCain
  • Madness Under the Royal Palms: Love and Death Behind the Gates of Palm Beach
  • Buried in the Bitter Waters: The Hidden History of Racial Cleansing in America
  • Suddenly Frugal: How to Live Happier & Healthier for Less
  • Rip Van Winkle and Other Stories
  • Abraham Lincoln, His Speeches and Writings: His Speeches and Writings
  • Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century
  • Cheney: The Untold Story of America's Most Powerful and Controversial Vice President
  • The Canal Builders: Making America's Empire at the Panama Canal