Start by marking “Rugby for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Rugby for Dummies

Rugby for Dummies

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  8 reviews
For every rugby enthusiast at every level of interest!Discover why rugby is North America's new favourite pastime.

Now, you can learn and love the game of rugby as a player, coach, or fan. From drills and shape-up exercises, to helpful tips on safety and injuries, this book is packed with information for every rugby admirer. Explanations in plain English.

The Dummies Way(R)"
Published August 1st 2004 by For Dummies (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Rugby for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rugby for Dummies

Gary Braham
Several months ago, I watched the movie "Forever Strong" on Netflix, and this gave me an interest in the sport. I had a limited knowledge of Rugby before that, having a roommate in college who played it, but I never really got involved in it. I have a former co-worker who played for a local club team, and I had always meant to go check it out, but until recently, never have. With my knowledge of the sport being so limited, I wanted to get a book to learn more about it.

At first, I was reading ver
Adrian Rush
Decent, but not great, overview of a sport that's more complex than it looks at first glance. The book is a little sparse on explaining penalties, for one thing. The title also isn't clear -- this is about rugby union exclusively, and there's not even a mention that rugby league exists as a separate code. Not a bad book to have at your side while you're watching a match, but don't expect to learn much more than the bare basics.
Les Gehman
This book is a great introduction to the sport of rugby. It covers the rules, strategy, and history of the sport in simple, clear language. Now, I need to re-read it after watching a few matches to really cement my understanding of the game.
Dec 20, 2008 Sarah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ruggers
This book is a great way for players who are new to the game to learn the (extensive) rules involved in a game of rugby. It's also a good reference for seasoned players, and it contains lots of fun facts and history of the sport.
Karl Haddock
It was a great book that told me a lot. The problem is that I know half the stuff in there
Kimberly
I was pretty clueless about the rules of rugby until I read this book.
Kris
I'm skimming this one right now. Good reference book too!
Jason Yang
Excellent primer on how rugby is played.
Brandon R Murphy
Brandon R Murphy is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Aug 02, 2014
William Nolan
William Nolan marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Aston Mcken
Aston Mcken marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Marcela
Marcela marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Jgwheaton
Jgwheaton marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Peter Spung
Peter Spung is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014