Start by marking “Siege (As The World Dies, #3)” as Want to Read:
Siege  (As The World Dies, #3)

Siege (As the World Dies #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  3,027 ratings  ·  332 reviews
As the survivors continue to seek stability in their lives,
forces both inside and outside the fort walls move
them toward a final, climactic conflict between
the living and the dead. Jenni, Katie and the others
discover that they are not alone, that there is another
enclave of survivors whose leaders plan to take over the fort.

Faced with a series of difficult decisions, each
Published August 13th 2009 by Createspace (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Siege, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siege

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 2 by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 3 by Mark TufoZombie Fallout 4 by Mark Tufo
Best Zombie Books
30th out of 948 books — 2,302 voters
The First Days by Rhiannon FraterFighting to Survive by Rhiannon FraterSiege by Rhiannon FraterHollowland by Amanda HockingFeed by Mira Grant
Best Female Writers of Zombie Fiction
3rd out of 180 books — 440 voters

More lists with this book...

Giselle
Spoiler free even for those new to the series.

Wow. Just. Fucking. Wow!

I read The First Days and thought it was an all around great zombie novel with strong characters. A few weeks later I read Fighting to Survive. Only a few pages in did I realize that by that point, I was completely invested in these characters. They got into my heart, they made me laugh and cry, they made me love them uncontrollably, and I always will! Not just Katie and Jenni, every single one. Even crazy Calhoun (he's freaki
Carol.
May 23, 2014 Carol. rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: zombie fans, Frater fans
Shelves: apocalypse, zombies

Was the writing this awful in the first two books? Most likely it was, but there was too much happening to notice, or I was distracted by the zombies. What I notice now is that someone got out her thesaurus and did her very, very best to replace every single "said" with another verb. They confided, decided, answered, suggested and scoffed. It sounds like that point when you know your writing is lacking in skill and sophistication, and you are trying to jazz it up, but can't think of what to do.
Felicia A
Oh. Em. Gee. I laughed, I cried. What. A. Freaking. Ride. I cannot, however, rate this book. I cannot even discuss this book without ruining it for anyone who is reading the series.

I'm sad about that, as I would like to let EVERYONE know that this is definitely one for their collection. But to review it would definitely ruin it for other readers, so I won't.

I will say that Rhiannon Frater took some serious risks in this book and every single one worked out seamlessly. Rhiannon told us that peo
Leslee
The final novel in Frater's "As the World Dies Trilogy". The novel continues to follow the struggle of a group of civilians that have banded together in creating 'the fort', a new eden in a world that has become increasingly ravaged by the bane of the undead.

Unfortunately for Frater, the world seems to die with a whimper, and not a bang. The novel suffers from some of the same issues that plagued earlier novels, namely villains that seem to have no redeeming qualities, and poor characterization
Kathryn
I want to write a massively long shining review but anything I have to say will provide unforgivable spoilers and part of what makes this book and the entire series great is to have no idea how everything ends.

Just consider this to be a mass recommendation. Read the series. It was a wonderful emotional roller coaster.
Bonnie
That was damn awesome. :) Siege was hands down my favorite from this entire series. I loved how everything was concluded because it was far from perfect and typical of what one might expect from a world with zombies: nothing ever goes right and NO ONE is safe!! In Siege, fighting the zombies has become the least of their worries. After a member of their community betrays them it causes everyone to realize that the zombies are not the only things that people need to fear.

The thing I loved most ab
Thee_ron_clark
This is the third installment in Frater's zombie apocalypse series. The story mainly takes place in the fortress that was built by Texas survivors over the past two novels.

Internal issues within the fort leads to one of the main characters being badly injured. A trek to find the appropriate medical supplies leads to an encounter with other survivors, who have their own designs for the fort and the people within it.

During this time, issues are made worse by the fact that a huge horde of thousand
Lori
OMG Rhiannon!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I think I might be able to write an intelligent review tomorrow. Maybe. Definately need to process what the hell just happened!
*Tomorrow*
Ok I think I might be able to form something intelligent about this book. We'll see.
This book picks up with our favorite zombie killing ladies right were it left off in Fighting to Survive. I would give you a rehash of the plot but seriously people just read it. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that without giving away spoi
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
Originally reviewed for www.BookChickCity.com

**Warning – may contain spoilers, read at your own risk!**

“Siege” is a bittersweet end to an amazing trilogy. Frater isn’t afraid to shock her readers by killing off certain main characters. This book was littered with the bodies of characters I’d come to know and love.

The Fort and it’s residents have to deal with so much, from the violence of the military and government, to thousands of zombies descending upon their beloved home.

As usual there’s plen
Zombiefan
A fun read but could've been better.

If you want blood, gore, car chases and near-misses there's plenty. But character development was not good for me. A lot of potentially great characters were not fleshed out enough and some who did develop throughout the trilogy were kind of , well, meh. Like the battered-housewife-coming-into-her-own could have been a great character but to have Jenni almost instantly morph from helpless-shellshocked-needy to a horny, wisecracking GI Jane and eventually Savi
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
You know you want a copy.... enter now....

what are you waiting for? It's a giveaway for an incredible book! Go....

Giveaway is over but the book is still great!
Danny McGuffin
Not as good as the other two books that made up this series. As some have mentioned in their own reviews, the ghosts and the metaphysical aspect of book 3 versus books 1 and 2, really made it seem like the writer was using a crutch to answer certain things and to make this work out and it really took away from the story as a whole. I could understand it being used maybe once, twice would be a stretch, but just off of the top of my head there were at least 7 times that it was used and in some cas ...more
Sean C
Twilla
This book broke my heart! When she died I stopped reading it. I was so sad and so mad that I couldn't read anymore! But after a few weeks I went back and finished. This book and this series has been some of my all time favorite reads it many years. I would love to see this author write more stuff just like this only with more romance! Rhiannon give me some more!!!

+++Reread+++ So I finished this late, late last night and even knowing the bad thing was coming it still made me cry but this time I w
Shanon
What a ride! I love this whole series and I love the way that Rhiannon Frater finished it off.

I have been so completely captivated and taken in by the world that Katie and Jenni live in that the zombies seemed real to me. In fact, in the beginning a new character is introduced who claims to be a medium - he sees ghosts. My first thought was "Yeah right - now we're getting into some pretty unbelievable stuff" uhhh... okay, let's think this throuh. They are fighting ZOMBIES, the walking dead, and
Ian
Jun 07, 2013 Ian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who think MREs taste nice.
Recommended to Ian by: Stacia (the 2010 club)
description

There is something going on in Zombie books that I don't fully understand. The idea of a small group of people building a fort to stand against a feared hoard of some kind seems to be a recurring theme in fiction and film. Because I don't really understand the mindset, when I read these stories I find myself spending stupid amounts of time trying to figure out what the author is saying about political or social issues.

description

Jenni and Katie survived the Zombie Apocalypse (The First Days), they found a
Steph
ATWD: Siege opens with a letter from Dr. Pus (seriously?!) of the Library of the Living Dead Press and Podcast. He warns the reader right away that "'Seige' will answer all the questions you've been wanting to ask since you read 'The First Days' and 'Fighting to Survive'. Rhiannon addresses them all, but you won't like some of the results. That's because she is such a talented writer that her characters are ones you have come to love, care about, have empathy and sympathy for. Her characters ar ...more
Wendy F
I'm going to give this review my best shot, but I can already tell that this is going to be a tough one for me.

Katie, Jenni and the gang have made a home. A home that another group of survivors (including a senator) want to take over. Horrible things happen, and people we love don't make it. It hurt, and made me cry messily at work!

Despite all that, this trilogy ends on a hopeful note, still full of love and fighting to survive.

We got some wonderful new characters in this final book, which mak
Felicia
Read for Fun/Listened for Review (Kindle/Brilliance)
Overall Rating: 5+
Story Rating: 5+
Character Rating: 5+

Audio Rating: 4.50 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: Siege by Rhiannon Frater gutted me even the 2nd time around and I knew what was coming. These characters y'all! These characters!

Original Review

NOTE: I feel the need to start my review with a note this time. I have read (and rated) 468 books and have only given 40--5 star ratings. Both The First Days and Siege go
Robin
What?! This story continued to go down the "black guy," "racist guy," "homophobic guy," "rich bitch" path - the writer seemed obsessive about making everything about race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation. It was as if R. Frater was shoving down the reader's throat the whole way. The story was so cartoonish that it didn't even feel like what the world might really be like if we were forced to rebuild. Don't even get me started on the random ghost intervention at the end. What sta ...more
Tracy
Whoa, what a ride. I finished this in a few hours. It was both exhilarating and sad. Jenni really grew on me in this novel, she came into her own. I loved that she saved Margie, Troy and Holly. As always I loved Katie and Travis...also Nerit, Lenore, Ken, Dale, Roger, Bill, Katarina, Jason, Calhoun (he was awesome) and Jack the dog. I grew fonder of Juan as he grew closer to his little family. This book was fun and quick to read, I finished it in a few hours. It wasn't brilliant but it was hugel ...more
Lindy
I liked ths book because it did a good job of wrapping up the series. However, the ending was anti-climactic, and the direct comparisons to Dawn of the Dead in the writing annoyed me. The similarities were already apparent, so pointing them out just made it worse. The writing still wasn't the greatest, but I enjoyed the characters. So just good overall.
Lollie
Sorry folks, but this book was pretty close to being terrible.
I'm not sure what happened in this last book of the series, but it was seriously disappointing. I think the only highlight in this book was that the most annoying character dies.
The whole thing started to read like a very bad b-grade (maybe even c-grade) 80's horror/comedy film... where the plot is terrible and the "comedy" isn't at all funny.
seems to me that after raiding every other zombie story for plot points the author then had
Andi
Apr 30, 2012 Andi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
3.5 stars. Well, it's finally over. My only nit is that the story felt a bit disjointed at times. As expected, people die during zombie wars, and it was no different here. But at least their deaths held meaning.
Michelle
Siege is the third book in the As The World Dies trilogy by Rhiannon Frater and a Horror novel from TOR.

Blurb:

The old world is gone, shattered by the zombie plague. In the tiny town of Ashley Oaks, Texas, a hundred or so survivors are building a new world, beginning with a high-walled fort. They’ve defended their home against ravenous zombies and cruel bandits, gathered supplies, established a civil government, and even found love among the ruins.

A supply run gone terribly wrong leads to the dis
Daniela
Wow, I hated this book...it made me cry a few times, which says a bunch about the ability of the author to grip you, which she obviously did...
Also, I loved this third and final installment of the "As the World Dies" series, for the same reasons I partially hated it...so you can say it was a love hate relationship... as are a few of those in the story. Forming a new society in the fort with all the different groups in it brings up obstacles; finding that another enclave wants to take over the fo
Patrick D'Orazio
Siege is the culmination of the As The World Dies trilogy and draws to conclusion the stories of Jenni and Katie along with the rest of the residents of the fort that has grown and evolved since we were first introduced to it as readers of the first book of the trilogy. And while the fort become more of a safe haven for those who live behind its walls, things are no more comfortable than in the past and in fact will become more intense for them all before the story comes to a conclusion.
This is
Leea

Perfect ending to an heart stopping, pulse racing, laugh out loud funny Trilogy by Ms. Frater. 5 stars...

“So many ways to die,” Jenni said with a sigh from the backseat.

I find myself feeling like i've just stood on top the old hotel while a Siege of Zombies is racing towards the fort, my fate unknown and the ones I love, lives hang in the balance. Yes, I know this is just a book... but I became emotionally connected to these characters and unfortunately no one is left unscathed in the final bo
Book Twirps

What an awesome conclusion to a thrilling series! The ride wasn’t exactly easy, but it was a fun one. There were bumps along the way and plenty of “That did NOT just happen” moments, but in the end I felt this was a perfect ending to one of the most exciting zombie series I’ve read in a very long time. Each book just got better and better.

I won’t give anything about the plot away other than to say the residents of the fort are about to have their boundaries tested by both the living and the dead
Michelle
Also posted on my blog: http://momwithakindle.blogspot.com :)

As I just finished reading this I'm sitting here thinking that it takes a heck of a writer to make you feel all the emotions that I have felt while reading this book. I applaud you Rhiannon for putting me in that fort and making me feel like family. Thank you because that's what reading is all about. (Even though I couldn't walk up the stairs in my house without checking for zombies. Well...you never know. Right?) ;)

This book shows you
  • Dying to Live: Life Sentence (Dying to Live, #2)
  • Flesh Eaters (Dead World, #3)
  • Rebirth (Aftertime, #2)
  • Autumn: Purification
  • Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie, #2)
  • The Becoming (The Becoming, #1)
  • After the End
  • Survivors
  • Kings of the Dead
  • The Infection
  • White Flag of The Dead
  • Rise Again (Rise Again #1)
  • Contagious (The Contagium #1)
  • Eat Slay Love (Living With the Dead, #3)
  • Dead of Night
  • Twilight of the Dead
  • After Life
Rhiannon Frater was born and raised a Texan. Though she has lived in various towns all over the state, she finally settled in Austin, Texas where she met her husband and worked as a governmental consultant.
During her travels for her job, she was inspired to write the story of two women fleeing into the Texas Hill Country in an attempt to survive the zombie apocalypse. Originally published as a se
More about Rhiannon Frater...
The First Days (As the World Dies, #1) Fighting to Survive  (As The World Dies, #2) As the World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 1 Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies, #1) The Last Bastion of the Living

“The heart loves without boundaries. It is the mind that can trap the heart with cages constructed by society’s rules.” 0 likes