Start by marking “L'Etoile de la Sor'cière (Les Bannis et les Proscrits, #5)” as Want to Read:
L'Etoile de la Sor'cière (Les Bannis et les Proscrits, #5)

L'Etoile de la Sor'cière (The Banned and the Banished #5)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  2,541 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Ce sera bientôt l’ultime combat contre le Seigneur Noir. Elena la sor’cière a regagné l’île de Val’loa où elle espère reconstituer ses forces.
C’est alors qu’Harlequin Quail entre en scène, un petit homme en costume de bouffon qui se prétend espion. Il revient tout juste de la forteresse de Noircastel où subsisterait l’un des por-tails du Weir, le plus puissant, avec lequel
Published August 21st 2009 by Bragelonne (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about L'Etoile de la Sor'cière, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'Etoile de la Sor'cière

Wit’ch Star is a worthy finale to a wonderful fantasy series. I cannot recommend it enough. The Banned and the Banished series never became repetitive, and the character development throughout the books is a pleasure to experience. Even the plot of these books remained fresh; Clemens is able to avoid some of the major pitfalls many fantasy authors unfortunately fall into when attempting epic fantasy. >Wit’ch Star is also one of the best conclusions to a series I have ever read; everything is ...more
Nathan Burgoine
This is the final (fifth) book in the Banned and the Banished series, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Clemens is not afraid to put his characters through the wringer, and his early-on death of some of the major characters in earlier books leaves you astounded at the fragility of it all. Given that the story is also being told by someone else, many many many (like, immortal-many) years later, you also know that something semi-bad happens at the end already, but it might be the narrative voice's bitt ...more
Arya ethen
It was an amazing story .cool.
I loved it
Good conclusion to the series. All the characters have their parts to play and there is a good buildup to the final battle. A new character was introduced although he didn't really feel very necessary. It did seem to end a little abruptly, but I confess to wanting to know how everybody's lives turned out; after five books I'd like to know everyone lived happily ever after. :)

I do like that the series actually does come to an end instead of just continuing forever. Remember when fantasy came out
Harold Shaver
I first read this series many years ago when I first got into digital reading and was the proud possessor of a Palm VIIx with, if I recall correctly a 256mb Compact Flash card in it that I stored apps and books on. Damn those were the days! In any case to show you just how compelling these books were, I read all five of the quite lengthy tomes on the minuscule screen of that Palm Pilot device. They were in the Palm .PDB format and were acquired from the then fledgling, now departed (it has since ...more
Kerrie Hinton
I have read the whole series of the “Wit’ch” books twice now, and while I have to say they are good stories, very creative with a lot happening, I find the writing style to be a little annoying at times, with the author alternating between an easy reading, practical style to a more flowery mode bordering on heroic. I got the impression he was trying a bit too hard to be clever.
There are numerous adventures within the whole series but the writer draws each episode out as far as he can by bogging
Ici s'achève notre histoire.

Et personne ne le regrettera, peut-être le génie de l'auteur consistait-il à nous donner envie de nous arrêter à ce stade de l'histoire... Si c'est le cas c'est réussi. Je n'ai pour ma part pas du tout envie de savoir ce qui est arrivé aux héros après la dernière page.

A vrai dire, je pense que l'histoire aurait pu s'arreter au tome précédent. A part les éléments concernant les métamorphe, et peut-être un peu le dénouement vis à vis de Tol Chuk, je trouve que ce tome n
Ashley White
Feb 23, 2014 Ashley White rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy Lovers
The Conclusion to the Banned and Bannished series left me aching and breathless. The characters are purely human and emotion shines through even at the worst of times. You can't help but feel it all as intense moments are around every chapter, and magic and corruption springs off the pages.
The ending, although it was the final conclusion and you are left of no doubt there is no more left... still, blatantly tells you there is more. Something not yet spoken, something not yet happening, and you
Ce tome clos une série époustouflante ! On ne s'ennuie pas une seule seconde, on est à la porte du mal comme les personnages, en attendant la fin, une fin qui est loin d'être rose d'ailleurs (si vous passez l'expression).
Très bonne découverte, certainement une des meilleures série de fantasy.
What a fabulous series. All the bits that needed tying up were and everything made sense. It hurt when characters were killed off, but hey, that's the way it should be. I'm off to see what else Clemens has published. Have to say I'ma little sad I've finished this series.
I was so sorry to see this series end. I fall in love with the characters and just what it to go on forever. I may now have to read one of his other series.
Gripping to the very end. I was sorry to have finished. Luckily, I have managed to get my mom into the series :)
Shannon Wilson
The ending was a little outside of what I would expected, but I was definitely intrigued in it and enjoyed it.
Sarah Briggs
(This review may contain spoilers).

I thought this was a good ending to the series. Not everything was perfect, but it all worked really well.

I was sad about what happened to some of the characters. I would have liked to see some sort of resolution with certain characters - Shorkan springs to mind. I almost wonder if he could have been made whole again... and what would have gone through his mind if so.

Tol'chuk has remained my favourite character throughout the series, though I liked a lot of oth
Feb 18, 2013 Caiti rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Coffee table fantasy enjoyers
Without a doubt, I have to start this off by saying this is the best of the Banned and the Banished series. Something seemed to change between book 3 and book 4 - the writing had vastly improved and the characters were actually showing some semblance of depth and development. It was a refreshing uplift to the entire series.

Wit'ch Star followed through with that, and the writing quality - as far as it goes for this series - was very spot on. Obviously still not perfect - no writing is. But consid
Joel Flank
Clemens brings the Banned and the Banished series to a satisfying conclusion. After destroying 3 of the 4 weirgates that allows the dark lord to tap into near limitless power of a cosmic being, Elanna and her companions prepare to bring the final battle to him. Unfortunately, their plans are thrown into disarray when they learn they have little more than a month before his plans to corrupt the very lifeblood of the planet come to fruition.

As they scramble to gather sufficient forces to deal wit
Wit'ch Star is the conclusion to the five book series by James Clemens. It tells the reader how Elena, her friends and her armies attempt to free Chi and save the world from the Dark Lord.

I am quite taken with this series. Despite the plot not being original the way the books are written seems to make the story very unique.
I am not going to go into a lot of detail, seeing as if you have made this far you know how well the story flows and how the characters are well rounded.
A particular feature
Chronique complète.
Une très bonne conclusion pour cette pentalogie de fantasy somme toute classique. On a les réponses aux questions que l'on se posait, la majorité des personnages trouvent leur compte une fois le livre refermé. La bataille finale est assez convaincante, même si un axe aurait pu être davantage mis en avant que ce qu'il n'est déjà, équilibrant un peu mieux l'attention porté à tout les personnages.
A very good finish to an amazing series of fantasy. There is alot of loose ends that will fall together in this place.

The true identity of the Dark Lord of Gulgotha is finally revelead though it should be obvious at this point but it was still a very nice surprise.

Also the place where everything ends is very nicely chosen.

The end left me a bit wanting and i don't really know if the ending was good or bad which is what i find a huge plus.

James Clemens leaves room for speculation for h
En alweer het laatste deel van deze epische serie.
Net zoals in de vorige boeken gebeurde er weer erg veel, maar hield de schrijver het binnen de perken waardoor het verhaal altijd vlot en weer spannend bleef.

Bij sommige dingen vond ik alleen wel dat het nogal vaag bleef. Dat stuk met het stoom van de berg (met Sywen, Kast en Hunt) en dat met die bloem. Er zat in mijn ogen niet echt logica achter waarom dat opeens kon gebeuren. Maar goed, dat was ook niet storend ofzo, ik vroeg het me net opeens
Dit boek heb ik toch maar even gelezen voor Sneeuwwitje moet sterven van Nele Neuhaus aangezien mijn ereader leeg was en ik net op het punt stond naar bed te gaan. En zonder een paar bladzijden te hebben gelezen doe ik geen oog dicht. Dus dit boek maar even uit de kast gehaald. Hij was weer leuk maar ik moet eerlijk bekennen dat ik de vorige vier delen leuker vond. Hier kwamen weer behoorlijk wat legers in voor en oorlogsvoering en dat is niet mijn pakkie an. Dus weer een hoop geblader. Al met a ...more
Un tome vraiment prenant et surprenant, mais qui m'a rendu mélancolique car j'ai dû laisser derrière moi cette bande de compagnons hors normes, hors pairs et hors du commun. La dernière pas a été celle que j'ai tourné le plus lentement histoire de retenir encore un peu les filaments qui me liaient à ce récit. Chaque saga a une fin, et chaque fin nous laisse un sentiment de manque, d'inassouvi, et ce fut le cas ici.
Merci Mr Clemens pour m'avoir fait vivre ces rebondissements et 'avoir pris au coe
Enjoyed the last book in the series...up to the last chapter. A lot of loose ends were tied up, for better or worse. However there were some blatant open ends left so I was a bit surprised when the last chapter brought the story to an end where you find out who the 'immortal' narrator is and in a hasty rush, what happened to some of the other characters. I just think there could have been a more detailed conclusion for the characters. Other than that, it was a not stop roller coaster ride of fig ...more
Paul Allard
The final volume in the Wit'ch series: just as engaging as the previous ones and entertaining enough. I feel that the whole saga could have been shorter.
After I finished this book, I couldn’t stop saying Oh… my… god. I can’t believe it. It was such an amazing book. I really, really didn’t like the way that Clemens kept on switching from story plot to story plot especially since he ended with a cliffhanger almost every single time. It got me disoriented for a few sentences until I could remember what happened chapters before. Clemens came up with a good conclusion but it wasn’t very satisfying because he ended the very last sentence of the book w ...more
Een indrukwekkend verhaal. Het zit allemaal heel goed in elkaar en beneemt je regelmatig bijna de adem tijdens het lezen. Er zit echter teveel duisternis in het boek, waardoor de balans zoek is. Juist in tijden van extreme duisternis moeten er ook lichtpuntjes zijn. En er zit zo goed als geen humor in het boek, waardoor het allemaal veel te serieus wordt. De schrijver heeft bovendien een obsessie met het woord bloed. 4 sterren, bij gebrek aan 3,5 sterren als keuze.
This book started a lot more plaintive than previous ones in the series, and that began to worry me. But it held up so amazingly well. An underrated gem is the way people of this 'time period' talk about natural disaster, with little to no scientific language. I feel that the author knows the difference between non-scientific and 'primitive' speech. I absolutely loved it.
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in the way it was ended, there wasn't a good closure on what happened 'after', but it was on purpose. Though, I also did think that this series went on a little too long, at times it felt like it was being dragged out a bit. Still, a good read, and worth it to find out how it all works out.
A good ending to this series.

I don't really mind that we didn't have a bit of what-happened-to-them-after-the-war. We already know and guess much.

As for the narrator, I didn't see it coming lol I wouldn't have thought of him/her (no spoiler) being the one.
  • Sword of Flame (Artefacts of Power, #3)
  • Naïla de Brume (Filles de Lune, #1)
  • Guardians of the Lost (Sovereign Stone, #2)
  • Wizard of the Grove (Omnibus: Child of the Grove / The Last Wizard)
  • The Ring (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, #2)
  • The Fifth Sorceress (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #1)
  • The Skull of the World (The Witches of Eileanan, #5)
  • De erfenis van Richard Grenville (De verborgen universiteit, #1)
  • Daughter of Ancients (The Bridge of D'Arnath, #4)
  • Noonshade (Chronicles of the Raven, #2)
  • Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2)
  • Children of the Lion: Cheysuli Omnibus #3
  • The Wild Mother
  • The Barbed Coil
James Rollins and James Clemens are two of the pen names of American veterinarian Jim Czajkowski (born 1961), author of bestselling fantasy and action-packed adventure-thrillers. He sold his veterinary practice in Sacramento, California, to concentrate full-time on writing.

James is an amateur spelunker and a certified scuba diver. These pastimes provide much fodder for his novels, which are often
More about James Clemens...

The Banned and the Banished (5 books)
  • Wit'ch Fire (The Banned and the Banished, #1)
  • Wit'ch Storm (The Banned and the Banished, #2)
  • Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished, #3)
  • Wit'ch Gate (The Banned and the Banished, #4)