Start by marking “Terror's Reach” as Want to Read:
Terror's Reach

Terror's Reach

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A burning summer's day explodes into violence. A murderous gang targets the exclusive south coast island of Terror's Reach, home to rival business tycoons Robert Felton and Valentin Nasenko. The residents are facing annihilation, and only one man stands a chance of saving them.

Four years ago, after an undercover police operation went disastrously wrong, CID officer Joe Cla
Published June 3rd 2010 by Preface Publishing (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Terror's Reach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terror's Reach

Stephanie Murie
NO SPOILERS

Fast paced and a bit different. Definitely recommending this one. A hero to fall for or want to be (depending on your preferences). I read this very quickly as it just gripped me and made me want to read and read.

Like many of these tough man takes on the world books it is remarkably far fetched but Bale manages to make you not care. The characters are fun and believable and you root for the good guys and the victims and love/hate the baddies as you are meant to.

A beautifully crafted b
Dan
It took me a little while to get into this one but I really enjoyed it. This was a well-planned out plot and the characters were developed in a way in which to get you involved in the whole story.

I listened to the audiobook and, in spite of my previous thoughts about his work, Paul Panting made a great job of bringing this story to life.

If you liked this one, then try Seige or Dead Man's Gift by Simon Kernick, whose character Scope is along the lines of Joe Clayton with similar thrills along t
Stephanie
It was an okay read. I found it very predictable and long aticipated the ending.
I found my mind wandering and then coming back, I took no pains to retrace what I had lost, easily moving on from where I "came back" to the story.
If you are looking for an easy read for a plane ride or maybe to even fill in a goodreads book challenge, this would prob fit your bill.
No brain challenge here.
Kickboxer
Ein ziemlich durchschnittlicher, mit Stereotypen vollgepackter Roman. Die Protagonisten sind ziemlich durchsichtig und schablonenhaft. Von Spannung kann man nicht wirklich sprechen. Der Schreibstilb ist ganz ok, die Kampfbeschreibungen ausgenommen, diese sind grauenhaft ausgeführt. Zwei Sterne, weil es dennoch schlechtere Romane gibt
Orlok
I enjoyed the story, though felt the idea of an isolated island being taken over by criminals did not reach it's full potential, and there were rarely any moments of real tension. I listened to this as an audiobook, and didn't think the narration did it justice, which may have lost it a star.
Deborah
I liked it better than his previous book but there were still a few too many double crosses at the end. Overkill
Terry
Good stuff. An exciting page turn'er. Will read more of Tom's work.
Debbie
Really good story. Didn't want to put it down.
Mara
Mara marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Kamlesh Shinde
Kamlesh Shinde marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Clarence Reed
Clarence Reed marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Lisa Sharpe
Lisa Sharpe marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dead Good Crime B...: Special offer price for Terror's Reach 1 9 Feb 17, 2015 04:32AM
Tom Bale has had a variety of jobs including retail assistant, claims negotiator and project manager, but none was as exhausting as the several years he spent as a househusband with two pre-school children. Tom has been writing since the age of seven, and completed his first novel at fifteen. After twenty years and hundreds of rejection slips, his first novel SINS OF THE FATHER was published under ...more
More about Tom Bale...