Start by marking “Mod Knots: Creating Jewelry & Accessories with Macrame” as Want to Read:
Mod Knots: Creating Jewelry & Accessories with Macrame

Mod Knots: Creating Jewelry & Accessories with Macrame

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Yes, it's macrame!

Creating fabulous jewelry, accessories and even clothing is fantastically easy with macrame. Yes, macrame. The art of knotting is oh-so simple. And oh-so fun, too. Whether you're a first time knotter or a pro at the craft, you'll love the fresh spin that "Mod Knots" puts on the traditional craft of macrame.

Inside you'll learn step by step the basic techni
Published May 12th 2009 by Northlight (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mod Knots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mod Knots

Mckinley
Mar 13, 2014 Mckinley rated it liked it
Macrame is back. Techniques and projects with step by step instructions which include photos for jewelry using string, wire and leather with beads tied in and accessories.
Lisa Ulibarri
Mar 22, 2015 Lisa Ulibarri rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one I have always loved knots and string arts so this was a cool reminder and took it in new directions too.
Gwen
Nov 01, 2009 Gwen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
Oh Wow, this is my new fave eye candy. Out of all the fiber arts, the one I have actually been able to do well was macrame. I really made some nice macrame projects as a teen and younger mom, including some angels for the Christmas tree. I have not been so successful with other types of fiber crafts. Now there is a book that combines macrame with wire and beads!! I am really excited to try a couple of these projects. I hope I can take an upcoming class on jewelry repair and assemblage at the rec ...more
Tammy
Oct 31, 2010 Tammy rated it did not like it
Shelves: sewing-fiber-art
While the ideas in the book are creative, the book is so poorly edited that I am surprised it made it to the marketplace. There are grammatical errors and worse, the tutorial photography is not sufficiently detailed and poorly lit. You simply cannot see what the artist is doing with regards to the knots! The same photos are repeated on left and right pages of same spread - ugh.
Kathleen Dixon
Mar 11, 2011 Kathleen Dixon rated it liked it
Shelves: craft
I might possibly do something like this one day. After all, I have done (and thoroughly enjoyed) macrame, and I have done a little jewellry-making.
Nice stuff in this book, and I've copied instructions about making a cute little felted pouch to carry things in like and i-pod (which I don't own) or a camera (which I do, but frequently forget about).
Aunna
Feb 04, 2013 Aunna rated it liked it
A great book to look through for inspiration, but the larger projects look pretty cheesy (Yoga bag and guitar strap). I love the macrame scarf idea!
Literarycat
Sep 08, 2012 Literarycat rated it liked it
Shelves: jewelry-guides
Some of the designs a few a little complicated and you need to really know what you are doing. Definitely not for beginners
Marian
Aug 23, 2009 Marian rated it it was ok
I only found the ones made with silver wire appealing.
Jane
Oct 17, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing
Great pictures and explanations to make all kinds of items.
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Chrissi Matusevics
Chrissi Matusevics rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Yvette Gaudreau
Yvette Gaudreau rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Aisling Mcsweeney
Aisling Mcsweeney marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Lezlie
Lezlie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Alyska
Alyska rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Ann C. Pagel
Ann C. Pagel rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2015
Lee Ann
Lee Ann rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Lisa Morris
Lisa Morris rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Dawn Allbee
Dawn Allbee marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Tricia
Tricia added it
Jul 16, 2015
Eveline Kleijn
Eveline Kleijn marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Brandy Allard
Brandy Allard rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Lissa
Lissa marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Marina
Marina rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Kirsten Ross
Kirsten Ross rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2015