Start by marking “Mod Knots: Creating Jewelry & Accessories with Macrame” as Want to Read:
Mod Knots: Creating Jewelry & Accessories with Macrame

Mod Knots: Creating Jewelry & Accessories with Macrame

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Yes, it's macrame!Creating fabulous jewelry, accessories and even clothing is fantastically easy with macrame. Yes, macrame. The art of knotting is oh-so simple. And oh-so fun, too. Whether you're a first time knotter or a pro at the craft, you'll love the fresh spin that "Mod Knots" puts on the traditional craft of macrame.

Inside you'll learn step by step the basic techni
Published May 12th 2009 by Northlight (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mod Knots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mod Knots

Mckinley
Macrame is back. Techniques and projects with step by step instructions which include photos for jewelry using string, wire and leather with beads tied in and accessories.
Lisa Ulibarri
I really enjoyed this one I have always loved knots and string arts so this was a cool reminder and took it in new directions too.
Gwen
Nov 01, 2009 Gwen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: crafts
Oh Wow, this is my new fave eye candy. Out of all the fiber arts, the one I have actually been able to do well was macrame. I really made some nice macrame projects as a teen and younger mom, including some angels for the Christmas tree. I have not been so successful with other types of fiber crafts. Now there is a book that combines macrame with wire and beads!! I am really excited to try a couple of these projects. I hope I can take an upcoming class on jewelry repair and assemblage at the rec ...more
Tammy
While the ideas in the book are creative, the book is so poorly edited that I am surprised it made it to the marketplace. There are grammatical errors and worse, the tutorial photography is not sufficiently detailed and poorly lit. You simply cannot see what the artist is doing with regards to the knots! The same photos are repeated on left and right pages of same spread - ugh.
Kathleen Dixon
I might possibly do something like this one day. After all, I have done (and thoroughly enjoyed) macrame, and I have done a little jewellry-making.
Nice stuff in this book, and I've copied instructions about making a cute little felted pouch to carry things in like and i-pod (which I don't own) or a camera (which I do, but frequently forget about).
Aunna
A great book to look through for inspiration, but the larger projects look pretty cheesy (Yoga bag and guitar strap). I love the macrame scarf idea!
Jenn
Some of the designs a few a little complicated and you need to really know what you are doing. Definitely not for beginners
Marian
I only found the ones made with silver wire appealing.
Jane
Great pictures and explanations to make all kinds of items.
Lissa
Lissa marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Luz
Luz marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Becca Novelli
Becca Novelli marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Pe Bom
Pe Bom marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Nupur
Nupur marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013