Start by marking “Lilies For Love (The Janna Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lilies For Love (The Janna Mysteries, #3)

Lilies For Love (The Janna Mysteries #3)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  181 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Love, revenge, secrets, and murder in medieval England

On the run from Lord Robert, the man who will stop at nothing to hide his secret, Janna takes refuge at Wiltune Abbey. While there, she desperately seeks to learn to read so she can uncover the truth about her unknown father—but first there are mysteries to be solved. Who is the newcomer asking questions about Janna? Wh
Published July 1st 2011 by Random House Australia (first published March 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Lilies For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lilies For Love

Annemarie Macken
Mar 24, 2015 Annemarie Macken rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series gets better as it progresses. The plot is somewhat more sophisticated and starts to appeal to older readers more, whilst the language is more adventurous and descriptive. Watching the character's journey and growth to maturity is engaging and there are still the Medieval Miss Marple-style detective skills to admire throughout the novel.
The story continues from the previous book, with Janna now ensconced in an abbey, trying desperately to adapt to the seclusion and strict rules that n
Debra
Mar 19, 2015 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
The Janna Chronicles which is being published by Momentum Books in the coming months. This is really exciting because the whole series will be released in ebook format between January and June – roughly a book a month!

The Janna Chronicles:
1.Blood Oath
2.The Stolen Child
3.Unholy Murder
4.Pilgrim of Death
5.Devil’s Brew
6.Day of Judgment

I was given this book for my honest review. My opinions are my own and I was required only to leave my views on the book.

Janna is on with her quest. A young woman, lef
Kristy (Book Frivolity)
Apr 19, 2015 Kristy (Book Frivolity) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, arc
See the complete review posted on Book Frivolity. Check out other Fantasy and Historical Fiction ruminations there as well!

POV's: Singular
Narrative: Third person, subjective.

The Janna Chronicles truly get better with each installment! As Janna's outlook matures, her stories become more detailed and refined. Unholy Murder proves that character progression and development can be the difference between a good series and a great series!

It takes the same form as the previous two novels, in which Jan

Selah Bell
Dec 21, 2011 Selah Bell rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, as I did with the others I've read in the series. But, as I said with book 2, it needs to get a move on with Janna finding her father. This one got a bit further than in book 2, but she needs to get on with it.
Aprille
Jun 10, 2015 Aprille rated it really liked it
Very much enjoyed, and I kind of like how long it's taking her to find out about her mother and father. Leaves the backbone of the story, while new plots crop up.

I especially like the scenes between Janna and Hugh. I usually hate romance, but there's something about this one that I like. It's so inappropriate, as Janna constantly reminds us (and rightly so!) and I like how cautious she is. Not once does she 'throw caution to the winds' or anything stupid. In fact (view spoiler)
Niamh Griffin
Judy
Mar 29, 2015 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another exceptionally well- written book in an exciting new series aimed at middle school and older readers. I am a huge fan of historical fiction, and this book has it all - interesting characters, intrigue, a little romance, a quest. I can't wait to read the next one!
Helen
Apr 14, 2016 Helen rated it liked it
More of the same as Janna solves more mysteries on the way to finding her father and avenging her mother. This story is set in an abbey.
Debbie Johansson
Nov 22, 2012 Debbie Johansson rated it really liked it
This third book in the series sees Janna taking refuge in Wiltune Abbey, solving a few mysteries and using her healing skills in the process. With the help from one of the nuns, she learns to read, thus bringing her further in her quest to find her father. There is even the hint of his relations when a guest arrives at the abbey. I enjoyed the banter between Janna and Hugh, and further difficulties with her relationship with Godric helps build up the tension within the love triangle.
Belle
Dec 20, 2015 Belle rated it really liked it
Harvey
Dec 19, 2015 Harvey rated it liked it
This is a good book but kind of frustrating how they keep dragging out her finding her father.
Samantha
Nov 16, 2009 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Keeps getting better.
Emma
Emma added it
Apr 30, 2016
Alex Dean
Alex Dean rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Trelawney Williams
Trelawney Williams rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Leah Johnson
Leah Johnson rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Julie
Julie added it
Feb 24, 2016
Lori Gravley
Lori Gravley rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Leanne
Leanne added it
Jan 16, 2016
Apanickah Sporadically
Apanickah Sporadically marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Hannah
Hannah added it
Nov 03, 2015
Brittany Wouters
Brittany Wouters rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Tash
Tash rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Meg Gael
Meg Gael rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2015
  • On the Medieval Origins of the Modern State
  • The Mystery on the Ice (The Boxcar Children Winter Special, #1)
  • Conqueror (Time's Tapestry, #2)
  • Blood Money (Hardy Boys: Casefiles, #32)
  • The Witch in the Lake
  • A different sort of real : the diary of Charlotte McKenzie, Melbourne 1918-1919
  • A Rose for the ANZAC Boys
  • The Forgotten Pearl
  • Dangerous Times (Nathan Fox, #1)
  • Medieval Britain: A Very Short Introduction
  • The Crusades: A Very Short Introduction
  • "We are Lincoln Men": Abraham Lincoln and His Friends
120204
I grew up (a long time ago!) in a small bush town in Africa. No TV, iPods, computer games and surfing the internet – you could say I had a very deprived childhood! Not so. Instead, for entertainment I learned to read. Books became my windows to the world: they told me about dragons and fairies and magic. They told me about other countries and other cultures. They told me about myself. And I have n ...more
More about Felicity Pulman...

The Janna Mysteries (6 books)
  • Rosemary for Remembrance (The Janna Mysteries, #1)
  • Rue For Repentance (The Janna Mysteries, #2)
  • Willows For Weeping (The Janna Mysteries, #4)
  • Sage for Sanctuary (The Janna Mysteries, #5)
  • Thyme for Trust (The Janna Mysteries, #6)