Start by marking “My Friend Percy's Magical Gym Shoes” as Want to Read:
My Friend Percy's Magical Gym Shoes

My Friend Percy's Magical Gym Shoes (Ulf and Percy #1)

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Published August 2005 by Gecko Press (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about My Friend Percy's Magical Gym Shoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Friend Percy's Magical Gym Shoes

Linda
I read this before passing it to my 8yo, and glad I did. As entertaining young Ulf's growing up passage is, it's not for this age group.

Definitely for 10+, as references to kissing girls, girlie mags, and the message of what stern stuff is in you is likely to be a bit beyond most young boys (unless the parents want to explain, and what's the point of that!)

Clare Cannon
The first chapter is called "Naked Ladies" and it goes downhill from there.
Stephen Barker
I heard this author on New Zealand National Radio recently and thought I’d take a look… (see www.stephenbarker.co.nz for a short review).
Melanie Lindstrom
Original and witty. I loved the long chapter titles. Not sure what age this is best for. Perhaps 11 plus.
Lisa Hartmann Jensen
I reread this book from my childhood recently.
Must admit I remember it being more funny and not as inapropriate as I think it is now.
Think children read it differently. One thing is certain - my kids will not be allowed to read this before they are more than 10 and even then I am not quite sure it is a good idea...
Jessica
I am seriously appalled by this book, what kids book would have children sneaking peeks at naked women and the phrase "look at those hooters" in it let alone by page 3!At least we didn't waste any more time on this piece of trash!
Robin
Remember when you got a new pair of shoes and you could run faster and jump higher? Ulf takes it a little too far with his friend's shoes.

Best last line of any book I've read.

Also - NAKED LADIES.
DEN o.0
Not sure how to rate this one, but it is something like a 3,63.
Definitely deserves a review, though.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Silja
Silja added it
Sep 25, 2014
Val
Val added it
Oct 09, 2014
Stine
Stine marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Christina Packard
Christina Packard marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Vida Kasparavičiūtė
Vida Kasparavičiūtė marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Jan 13, 2014
Gerhard Pfeiffer
Gerhard Pfeiffer marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Ulf Gottfrid Stark is a Swedish author and screenwriter (he has adapted several of his own books for film and wrote the screenplay for the 1999 film Tsatsiki, morsan och polisen).
Stark has collaborated with the illustrators Anna Höglund and Mati Lepp.
From 1989 to 1998 he was an elected member of the Swedish Academy for Children's Books Svenska barnboksakademin.
In 1998 he received the Nordic Childr
More about Ulf Stark...
Fruitloops & Dipsticks Can You Whistle, Johanna? El Club de los Corazones Solitarios Lad isbjørnene danse The Hedgehog leaves home