Start by marking “You Never Gave Me a Name: One Mennonite Woman's Story” as Want to Read:
You Never Gave Me a Name: One Mennonite Woman's Story

You Never Gave Me a Name: One Mennonite Woman's Story

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
I loved this book," says Dora Dueck, writer and editor, who is author of several books and co-editor of Northern Lights: An Anthology of Contemporary Christian Writing in Canada (Wiley, 2008). "This is Katie's life, her name, her harvest of work and discovery. But something wonderful happened as I read what she shares so honestly and well: I saw my own story--and felt it g ...more
Published June 15th 2009 by Dreamseeker Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about You Never Gave Me a Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Never Gave Me a Name

Clif Hostetler
Katie Funk Wiebe, when young and single, worked as a legal secretary and later paid her way through bible college by working as secretary for the college president. From these early experiences she knew she was skilled working with words.

“I was a fast typist and a good steno, and I knew it. Confidence was my trademark.”

But she left this work experience in her past to become the wife of a teacher and aspiring preacher. The early married years were filled with children and financially lean times.
Joanna
Katie Funk Wiebe is the pre-eminent Mennonite feminist writer and she also is my mother. Reading her autobiography gave me insight into her professional life and thinking in a way that living with her never did! This is her best book yet, forthright and full of stories.
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Adekanbi Adetayo
Adekanbi Adetayo marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Marie Friesen
Marie Friesen marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Julia Pike
Julia Pike marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Jacki
Jacki marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Genessa
Genessa marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
lola Franco
lola Franco marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Phoebe
Phoebe marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2011
Jody Lewis
Jody Lewis marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2011
Michelle Shank
Michelle Shank marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2011
Brenda Carr
Brenda Carr marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2011
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2011
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2011
Rachelreads
Rachelreads marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2011
Katie Funk Wiebe (Tabor College 1968) is the author of twenty books and over a hundred articles. Her most recent books are You Never Gave Me a Name:One Mennonite Woman’s Story and How to Write Your Personal or Family History, both released in 2010.

Wiebe received an M.A. from Wichita State University and taught at Tabor College for 24 years. In 2000 The Mennonite named her one of twenty Mennonite
More about Katie Funk Wiebe...
The Storekeeper's Daughter: A Memoir How to Write Your Personal or Family History: (If You Don'T Do It, Who Will?) Bless Me Too, My Father: Living by Choice, Not by Default Alone: A Search For Joy Who Are the Mennonite Brethren