Start by marking “Jane Airhead” as Want to Read:
Jane Airhead

Jane Airhead

What's not to love about Jane Eyre? Gothic and passionate, it features the ultimate male hero - Mr Rochester. And that gives Charlotte a top idea: she'll look for a new Mr Rochester for her lovely mum.
So when Charlotte finds the ideal man, she can't believe her luck. He's dark, brooding and mysterious. He's PERFECT. But the real-life romantic hero also turns out to be sarc
Published November 5th 2009 by Andersen (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Jane Airhead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane Airhead

Vicki
Mar 14, 2010 Vicki rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Charlotte is THE most adorable character; it’s hard to not fall in love with her. Full of the best intentions this romantic dreamer lets her imagination run riot, usually putting two and two together and coming up with five. I loved how she came to wild conclusions from almost nothing when it came to her Mum’s relationships, it reminds me of some of my own wild wonderings about my parents when I was (a lot!) younger.

I also really appreciated how Kay Woodward made Charlotte an unconventional hero
Beth Stewart
Apr 23, 2012 Beth Stewart rated it liked it
This book is brilliant - i love it! The whole "Jane Eyre" theme inspired me for my goodreads.com saying Keep calm and find yourself a Mr Darcy. I know Mr Darcy isn't from Jane Eyre, he is from Pride and Prejudice but she was looking for the perfect man. Charlotte is so unusal, but she is like me; loves to read 24/7. I love it how Manda helps Charlotte find her mum a perfect Mr Rochester but they get it all wrong. I can not believe though, that Charlotte didn't realise that Jack Burley luuuuuurve ...more
Sammie
Dec 04, 2010 Sammie rated it liked it
Charlotte is a cute character! it was one of those cute and enjoyable reads. the one quality i didn't approve of Charlotte was that she brought Jane Eyre to the next level! how could she not differentiate between reality and and a fairytale?? maybe thats what brought the whole book together and made it ore enjoyable?

3 stars
Staciel
Oct 01, 2016 Staciel rated it really liked it
Shelves: classic-lit, kid-lit

I found this book several weeks ago when googling 'Jane Eyre fan fiction' and it looked so cute for a young-ish girl, so I ordered it from the UK.

It arrived two days ago, and I enjoyed every minute of reading it-- and I think that you will too, if you keep in mind that it is meant for a younger audience who are looking at high school with awe..

I really liked the main character, Charlotte, and enjoyed her incredible love for what she referred to as The Book-- Jane Eyre.

Purchased with my 11 yeat o
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 23, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Charlotte obsessed with the book Jane Eyre decides to find a Mr. Rochester for her mom. But when she finds that supposed guy, turns out he's the opposite of what Charlotte thought. This was a fun read where you wonder how it'll end as Charlotte wonders if this guy is right for her mom or not. A light read that you'll like especially if you're a fan of Jane Eyre.
Robazizo
Sep 18, 2011 Robazizo rated it it was ok
Shelves: jane-eyre
I'm too old for this kind of book. It's clearly geared toward young teens and doesn't hold the interest of an adult, like Harry Potter or the Hunger Games. Moreover, the Jane Eyre references are scarce. I did like a particular scene towards the end, during the school dance.
Sonia Gensler
Listened to audio. Light and cute MG tale of a Jane Eyre-obsessed English schoolgirl.
Julianne Alcott
If you know Jane Eyre you will appreciate this very funny book even more.
Francesca Hillyer
Francesca Hillyer rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Purelybooks
Purelybooks rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2010
Moush
Moush rated it liked it
May 24, 2014
Sarah rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2015
Mimi
Mimi rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Natasha
Natasha rated it did not like it
Mar 31, 2012
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Frezanda
Frezanda rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2010
Izzy Fisher
Izzy Fisher rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Jollyjellies
Jollyjellies rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Lisa Edwards
Lisa Edwards rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Shae Stratton
Shae Stratton rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2014
Barb
Barb rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2013
Shazzer
Shazzer rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Sarah Aini
Sarah Aini rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2014
Amania Miller
Amania Miller rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Niamh
Niamh rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Tik Ky
Tik Ky rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Julie S.
Julie S. marked it as to-read
May 28, 2010
Jada
Jada is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2010
Brillare
Brillare marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2010
Roselle
Roselle marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2010
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2010
Nicoleta
Nicoleta marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2011
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2011
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2011
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2011
Hannah Gaardiner
Hannah Gaardiner marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2011
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2011
Lioness
Lioness marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2012
April
April marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2012
Amie Salmon
Amie Salmon rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2012
Sheristen
Sheristen marked it as to-read
May 10, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2012
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Noora
Noora marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
April Pope
April Pope marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Andréa
Andréa marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2012
Gillian
Gillian rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2013
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Editor-turned-author Kay Woodward has written many successful books for children including her novel Jane Airhead, the Flower Fairies series and Magical World series. She's also written film and TV tie-ins including The Golden Compass, Happy Feet, Robin Hood and Shoebox Zoo, plus non-fiction titles and joke books. Kay lives in Hampshire with her husband and her little girl, and writes from her off ...more
More about Kay Woodward...