Start by marking “Rey Mysterio: Behind the Mask (WWE)” as Want to Read:
Rey Mysterio: Behind the Mask (WWE)

Rey Mysterio: Behind the Mask (WWE)

He's called the human highlight reel of professional wrestling. His high-flying acrobatics have thrilled fans on every continent. He's been crowned champion of the world's greatest wrestling promotions, from Mexico to the U.S. But he's never revealed the inside story of who he is.

Until now.

Wrestling fans know him as Rey Mysterio, an American luchador of unparalleled ta
Published November 3rd 2009 by World Wrestling Entertainment (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rey Mysterio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rey Mysterio

Brandon
Big fan of wrestling biographies but becoming less and less of a fan of WWE produced biographies. Seems like they just phone it in now. The layout was strange as it was separated into blurbs and short sections. I felt like I learned very little about Rey's career and life.
Paul Schoenberg
Aug 24, 2011 Paul Schoenberg rated it liked it
This is about a man named Rey Mysterio who is of Mexican descent and was born to be a pro wrestler. He started out in lucha libre in Mexico where he excelled immensely after years and years of training he became a professional wwe wrestler. Rey was thought out to be an underdog because of his small size but he was able to overcome this controversy and achieve greatness. This a great underdog journey of a pro wrestler I am fan of underdogs coming through if you feel the same way grab yourself a c ...more
Gil Bradshaw
Jul 03, 2014 Gil Bradshaw rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hello Rey Mysterio, Allow me to introduce you to an important person called an editor. Please get to know him a little bit better.
Grace
Oct 24, 2013 Grace rated it really liked it
This book made me love him even more. He is so positive and reading about his entire career made me realise just how much he has actually accomplished.
Jamil Labaky
May 28, 2013 Jamil Labaky rated it it was amazing
In this book,Rey Mysterio Jr.talks about how he started wrestling at the age of 8 until his successful WWE run.As a child,he started wrestling with his uncle who trained him and was also called Rey Mysterio.His uncle was very famous in mexico.Rey Jr. Later talks how he made it to AAA and Tijuana.It was a hard battle to the top but his hyflying style made him a fan favourite all around the world and among other wrestler friends and bosses.His name Rey Mysterio means King of mystery.He is kind of ...more
Simon Dong
Sep 05, 2011 Simon Dong rated it it was ok
Shelves: 11th-grade
A little background on this book. It is basically about a wrestler of Mexican decent who decides to get into the wrestling career but is smaller than the other guys that do the same thing. He defies all the odds to make it in the wrestling show business by capturing wrestling championships of almost every kind and making it to the biggest wrestling events that are hosted.

I like this book because it takes about how an underdog defies all the odds and still makes it big. I understood that size doe
Victor Orozco
Jul 19, 2015 Victor Orozco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad read. I have to admit Rey does seem a bit too simplistic in his details. Even he gets things wrong such as the date of a particular event. But he is a really cool guy and very good story teller. He's just not much of a writer.

I like how talks about his family as well as some of his relationship with various people, his wife, his uncle who let him use the Rey Misterio name. I like how he's very humble and grounded. I like how he talked about his friends such as Eddie. Total respect with
Russell Smith
Not the best wrestling biography I've read, by a long shot, but certainly not the worst either.

My main gripe with this book is that, as a keen Mysterio fan and long-time close follower of his career, I felt like I didn't really learn anything through reading this, other than the few occasions when he decided to delve a bit more into his personal life and key experiences from his time on the road.

Still a good read though and well worth checking out if you're a fan.
Jabari Terry
May 03, 2011 Jabari Terry rated it really liked it
Rey mysterio is a mexican wrestler that when he was young he wanted to become a wrestler and he did, but he took small steps from the advice of his father on going to mexican wrestling and later in his years of wrestling in Mexico now a professional wrestler in the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
Jolisa
May 05, 2010 Jolisa added it
I cant wait to read this book. I'm a huge fan of wrestling and especially REY MYSTERIO.Even though he is slient he can make abig impact in wrestling.GO REY!
Matt
Jul 28, 2016 Matt rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Rey Mysterio since he started his career in the United States wrestling and it was good to get to know the man behind the wrestler a little bit.
Youraj 11-12
Jan 02, 2012 Youraj 11-12 rated it liked it
1 love wwe and its a book about wwe
2 my favorite rey mysterio
3 love learning about a wwe superstar
Lewis Cairns
Lewis Cairns rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Dalton
Dalton rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2016
James Gaffey
James Gaffey rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Marvin Hollon
Marvin Hollon rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Brena
Brena rated it it was ok
May 17, 2015
Betty
Betty rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Ian Aldrich
Ian Aldrich rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2012
Bethany Fox
Bethany Fox rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2012
Keith
Keith rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Brent Derry
Brent Derry rated it really liked it
May 30, 2013
Josh
Josh rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Declan
Declan rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2010
Trent Zelazny
Trent Zelazny rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
taylor
Dec 12, 2009 taylor added it
i love rey mysterio
Delicti
Delicti rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story
  • The Road Warriors: Danger, Death, and the Rush of Wrestling
  • The Unauthorized History of DX
  • The Hardy Boyz: Exist 2 Inspire
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • The Stone Cold Truth