Start by marking “Beauty and Strength: Proceedings of the Sixth Biennial National Ordo Templi Orientis Conference (Notocon)” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  10 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
This volume offers a selection of papers from the sixth biennial National Ordo Templi Orientis Conference (NOTOCON) of the United States Grand Lodge of O.T.O., held in Salem, Massachusetts, in 2007 e.v. These papers represent some of the best modern practical and scholarly work on Ordo Templi Orientis, Thelema and Aleister Crowley, and cover diverse topics including ritual ...more
Published July 2nd 2009 by BookSurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and Strength, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and Strength

Magick by Aleister CrowleyMagick Without Tears by Aleister CrowleyEight Lectures on Yoga by Aleister CrowleyThe Vision and the Voice by Aleister CrowleyMy Life with the Spirits by Lon Milo DuQuette
Thelema
39th out of 55 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Rodney
Jun 07, 2011 Rodney rated it really liked it
Shelves: real-books
A good compendium of modern Thelemic thought. Although by their very nature books such as this tend to be rather patchy, the overall quality here was surprisingly good. Shows once more that OTO has without question become a real powerhouse when it comes to occult writing.
Axel M.
Axel M. rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Nausicaä  Nausicaä
Nausicaä Nausicaä rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2011
Bishop Harber
Bishop Harber rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Philip Saenger
Philip Saenger rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Grethe
Grethe rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2012
Dorothy
May 17, 2016 Dorothy rated it really liked it
Rated for "Feminist Thelema"
Keith
Keith rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Chris Feldman
Aug 16, 2009 Chris Feldman rated it really liked it
Thanks, Jon & Nessa!

(Now I wish I'd gone ahead and submitted my lecture notes as well.)
Will
Will rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Clay Fouts
Clay Fouts marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2010
Ian
Ian added it
Dec 04, 2011
Avik Datta
Avik Datta marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Mathias Gaunitz
Mathias Gaunitz marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2013
Scott
Scott added it
Jun 13, 2013
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2013
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Alex M
Alex M marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Paula Hamilton
Paula Hamilton marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Steven
Steven is currently reading it
May 01, 2014
Annie Kidd
Annie Kidd marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Frater Ajsrzombie
Frater Ajsrzombie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014

“Yet the freedom of the artist, the pure beauty of nature, and the liberty of each of us to live our lives as we choose are still under threat—and despite all our progress, this threat may be greater now than in many years. The slave religions have used the weapons of fear, guilt, superstition, greed, terror and paranoia to achieve significant gains in political, ideological, and cultural power during recent decades, notably in the forms of militant Islamic fundamentalism and Christian dominionism.

It takes strength to stand in defense of beauty, truth and freedom, and strength requires unity.

Even while we celebrate our diversity and individuality with justified exuberance, it is critical that we remember those principles we hold in common, and those things we owe to each other as brothers and sisters of this, our Holy Order.”
1 likes