Start by marking “Genesis (Georgia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Genesis (Georgia, #1)

Genesis (Will Trent #3)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  21,641 Ratings  ·  1,209 Reviews
Na de gruweldaad die haar leven in Grant County totaal heeft verwoest, is Sara Linton naar Atlanta gevlucht. Ze is een nieuw leven begonnen en werkt in een ziekenhuis, waar op een dag een zwaar mishandelde vrouw met spoed wordt binnengebracht. Sara raakt in de ban van deze mysterieuze vrouw en gaat op onderzoek uit. Daarbij kruist ze het pad van Will Trent en Faith Mitchel ...more
Published July 2009 by Cargo (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Genesis, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jayna You are missing Beyond Reach in the Grant County series.

*TANYA*
May 14, 2017 *TANYA* rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-2017
ADDICTED, is not strong enough of a word to describe how I feel about this series!! A real page turner!! On to the next one.
♥Sharon♥
Sep 23, 2015 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I told myself I was going to write this review before starting Broken so here I am and I'm going to try and make it quick.

Undone is my favorite so far of the Will Trent Series and I really should be taking the time to write a full review with perfect pictures but the next book is waiting on my Kindle! :)

For me this was the most gruesome of the three books. As with the others the writing was gripping and captivating. It created such vivid thoughts for me which at times had me squeezing my eyes sh
Karin Slaughter
Aug 04, 2012 Karin Slaughter rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
First, people should know that in the UK and elsewhere, this book is titled Genesis, which was the original title I chose. (In the US, there was another book called Genesis--sci-fi--that was publishing around mine and they didn't want confusion). I chose the title Genesis because this was really a restart for Sara Linton. She's in a new city, she's completely changed her life, she's still recovering from the horrible events in Beyond Reach (weirdly, called Skin Privilege in the UK and other terr ...more
Mo
Aug 31, 2015 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 "I fucking hate Angie" stars!

This series is a spin off from the Grant County series... I had started this series when I realised that one of the character who was going to show up in this series already featured in the other series... Now I am a bit of a stickler for reading in order, so I had to stop this series and go back to the other. Confused yet??

Will and Faith work for the GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation). These two. Lord above, they sure have some baggage and interesting pasts,
Pooja
May 28, 2016 Pooja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owns-these-books
Being my first Karin Slaughter book, Genesis has surely tempted me to read thriller and mystery again.

The detailed analysis of each character, going after it until everything has been written down of those person in the book, was gripping.

Even though I was not able to trust each character at the time that made reading more exciting and entertaining, I felt finishing it really fast. Because the murders were getting higher in rate.

I love those books where women are in the center and the book tells
Karen
Oct 17, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

Well, I'm definitely whole-heartedly invested in this series now. And Will Trent has permanently gotten under my skin and into my heart. What can I say... Will, Will, Will. He is finally starting to break... to let some light into the cracks of that concrete wall he's erected around his heart. I've said it before and I'll say it again. it is impossible not to love this man.

This book has finally started giving me a little insight into the characters.. Will and his GBI partner Faith Mitc
Rick
Aug 23, 2012 Rick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just discovered Karin Slaughter, and as most of you know, there's nothing as good as finding a "new" (to you) author who has many books already published. No "waiting for the next one to come out" anxiety!
Before I had finished "Fractured" I KNEW I had to have "Undone"...and I wasn't disappointed. Slaughter came through for me again, with excellent suspense and a great cast of characters brought to life flawlessly and with depth.

Having never read the 'Grant County' series, I was afraid the rein
♥Rachel♥
Loving this series more with each book. I love Will, and I'm happy he's gaining some confidence and backbone. I think the pairing with Faith was an excellent decision by Amanda, even though Faith was really moody in this installment. You can't really blame her, though.

I strongly suspected the identity of the killer early on, but I didn't know for sure until very late. Still, there were surprises, and the story was thoroughly addictive! Parts were a little difficult to stomach in the beginning,
Mary Beth
Oct 27, 2015 Mary Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author really knows how to write. I think every book so far in this series I've given 5 stars to it. It is full of suspense! Wow! Wow! Wow! I could not put this book down in the last 120 pages. It really got my adrenaline going. It flows so well. I really loved what I read. I just love Will Trent. If you really want to read a good thriller and a good series, this one is it! It will blow you away. I do have to say this series is definitely not for the faint at heart. It took me awhile to cat ...more
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
Genesis is officially my favourite of Karin Slaughter's Will Trent series. I think I have read it previously when it was titled Undone.

One of those lovely books where you find yourself holding your breath, without realising you are doing it until you suddenly let it out!

I strongly recommend this series which is a mix of crime/thriller/romance.
Julie
Undone by Karin Slaughter is a 2009 Delacorte Press publication.

This third book in the Will Trent series creates a link with the Grant County series by introducing Sara Linton to the series.

Sara is from Grant County, but has relocated to Atlanta following the death of her husband. She meets Faith and Will at the hospital when Faith has a fainting spell, but soon finds herself embroiled in the case Will and Faith are working on.

Several women who have been tortured or are missing has Faith and W
Andrea
Apr 02, 2017 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
Another brilliant book from Karin slaughter,I think you should read the books in order to get to know the characters as i was glad to see Sara Linton back in the books she's such a strong character.karins crimes books are really gritty.and bringing up diabetes showing how serious the condition is,I'm going to read the next book in the will Trent series broken.and i bet it's just as good.
Oana
Will Trent is a fantastic series, I give you that, and I'm appalled that I was so late to find out about Karin Slaughter's brilliant writing. Undone (known also as Genesis) is the third installment in the series, and my favourite one yet.

They can all be read as standalones, but, for the love of God, just don't do that. Read them in order. The brilliancy of this series doesn't consist in the mystery/crime solving police procedurals - which are rather good, multilayered and gripping - but in the c
Jonetta
Mar 23, 2013 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
It's been over three years since Sara Linton left Grant County following her personal tragedy and she's now working in Atlanta, back at Grady Hospital. Though she's moving forward with her life, it's still a slow pace. When she attends a woman who shows up in the ER, obviously brutalized, Sara is hurtled into an investigation that leads to more horror and Will Trent (he's not the horror!).

This marks the intersection of the Grant County series and I was glad to see Sara reappear here. She and Wi
Piper
Oct 17, 2015 Piper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Another great Will Trent installment from Karin Slaughter, Undone certainly had me shuddering at times from the hideously gruesome things that were done to the female victims. These women already had deep seated issues but to be violated as they were was inconceivable. The perp was undeniably a sick SOB. What was almost even sicker was who knew what he was doing and kept silent about it. Yeah.

What I love about this series, first and foremost, is Will Trent. He is, as others have stated before,
Debra
Jun 29, 2016 Debra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will Trent and Sara Linton in the same book!!!!!!!! I can't read this fast enough. I loved the Grant County series. I could not read those books fast enough and I was so sad when that series ended with a BANG. But now I'm hooked with Will Trent and What! What! What! Sara Linton is in this book? Yes, Yes, and Yes!

A young woman enters the Trauma center where Sara now works. After her husbands death, Sara has left Grant County and now works at a hospital in Atlanta. She is on duty when the naked, t
Susan
Another good addition in the Will Trent series and by far the most gruesome in the series so far. Will and Faith are after a killer who kidnaps two victims at a time and keeps them under the ground in a hand made cave. The women endure horrible tortures, definitely not for the faint of heart. Faith has some health complications which lead her to Sarah, an ER doctor who is a character that comes from Karin Slaughters other series, Grant County. Sarah is known in the medical community for her know ...more
Jean
Jul 15, 2014 Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I hadn’t read Karin Slaughter previously, I might have been a bit put off just a few pages into the prologue of Undone. Having read quite a few of Slaughter’s previous thrillers, I was expecting something dramatic by, oh, the second paragraph. So I was almost lulled into complacency when it hit me – or rather, when Henry Coldfield and his wife Judith hit a woman as they drove at dusk one evening. Thus began the heart-pounding, stomach-churning tale that is Undone.

For those who have not finish
Janie Johnson
Apr 29, 2015 Janie Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge
This is book #3 to the Will Trent series and it is a mystery/thriller. I have to say I did enjoy the book, and the characters. It flows well with plenty of action and excitement.

In this installment Will and Faith have to find and stop a serial killer who brutally manipulates his victims through starvation, torture and rape, all while dealing with their own personal issues. Who will be next?

I really enjoyed the mystery to this installment. I think the story flowed well and had some pretty good 'e
Vaso
Oct 12, 2016 Vaso rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-crime
Γουιλ Τρεντ κ Φειθ Μιτσελ. Δύο συνεργάτες που έχουν βρει ένα δικό τους τρόπο επικοινωνίας και αντιμετώπισης των καταστάσεων, αλληλοσυμπληρώνοντας ο ένας τον άλλο. Η τελευταία υπόθεση με την οποία καταπιάνονται είναι ιδιαιτέρως περίπλοκη και τα στοιχεία που έχουν λίγα έως μηδαμινά. Δυναμικές κ επιτυχημένες γυναίκες απαγάγωνται κ κακοποιουνται βάναυσα. Όπου κι αν στραφουν, βρίσκουν σε τοίχο. Η Karin Slaughter, έχει στήσει μία σφιχτή κ καλοδουλεμένη ιστορία με αριστοτεχνικό τρόπο! Πραγματικά, απολα ...more
Nat
Another perfect dark/twisted/gross cannot-put-down-until-it's-over Karin Slaughter novel. This series honestly just keeps getting better and better, everyone in the world who enjoys a good crime novel needs to read these books.
Paulo Pires
Sep 28, 2015 Paulo Pires rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.8
« “Génesis” é o terceiro livro da série # Will Trent e marca um facto interessante na obra de Karin Slaughter, é o ponto de encontro entre duas das séries de enorme sucesso da autora: “Will Trent” e “Grant County”, sendo o terceiro e o sétimo livro das duas séries, respectivamente.

Da série “Grant Conty” foram publicados apenas dois livros em Portugal pela já extinta Editora Gótica, e que, posso acrescentar, tenho o privilégio de ter na minha estante.

Resta-me a esperança que a TopSeller poss
Marnie  Krüger
Aug 01, 2014 Marnie Krüger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genesis

This is truly a new beginning - a new beginning of my old obsession.

In December of 2014 I first discover the brilliance of Karin Slaughter. Reading Triptych and Fractured made me a true fan of Slaughter's work.
She is brilliant, her vivid portraits and dramatic, action packed criminal investigations leaves you sole shocked and craving more with every book.

But me and my borderline OCD needed to read things in order and on noticing that a character from a previous series will be joining my favorite
Barry Graham
May 11, 2011 Barry Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jean-Patrick Manchette declared, "The crime novel is the great moral literature of our time." He knew whatof he spoke, since he wrote some of the 20th Century's great French novels before his untimely death.

Karin Slaughter has little in common with Manchette. Unlike his short, dense, narratives, her novels are sprawling. Unlike his brilliant and bizarre experiments, her storytelling style would fit the 19th Century as easily as this one. But she is writing some of the great moral literature of h
Amber Argyle
Grace
Apr 21, 2017 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story: 5 stars
Three books into this series, and my interest hasn't waned, in fact, this may be my favorite book of the series so far. The character development, the complex set of crimes, and the struggle of the three narrators to find answers, kept me thoroughly engaged throughout.

Have I told you lately how much I love Will Trent's character? He is as odd as ever, yet so vulnerable, I couldn't help but be sympathetic.

Personally, Will's life is a mess. And that would be care of Angie. At one ti
Larry Bassett
Undone puts you right in the middle of the action immediately. It does start with the unlikely scenario of Will Trent coincidently being in the ER with his pregnant partner Faith when a victim of vicious torture is brought in. And, yes, Sara from Grant County is the ER doctor so the improbability of characters from two series being brought together is maximized. Well, everybody has to be somewhere! And every book has to start somewhere. It is fiction after all. Very good fiction, I think.
With
Maureen DeLuca
Feb 21, 2017 Maureen DeLuca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of Karin Slaughter, and this series IMO is so much better than her Grant County Series. I wound up reading all of the Grant County Series- for I was told that in this book Undone you will come across some of the characters , and you will also find out how the other series ended. But having said that , Grant County Series ended in 2007- I think I am the only person here on GoodReads who didn't finish that series-!!

Triptych and Fractured books 1 and 2 in this series were both fantas
Felts
Aug 25, 2011 Felts rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
The first book in the "Georgia" series is actually the mash-up of Slaughter's "Grant County" and "Will Trent" series, bringing together the best of both. The result is a twisted, graphic, and enjoyable read. However, if you are familiar with Slaughter's previous books (which I recommend reading in order, just because I'm anal that way), then you know that her main characters (in this case Agents Will Trent, Faith Mitchell,and Dr. Sara Linton) suffer heavily from not only professional, but extrem ...more
Annie ~ The Misstery
Apr 23, 2017 Annie ~ The Misstery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-noir
All of us have “comfort” authors that we know we can rely on. Karin Slaughter is one of those for me. Her books are always addictive and fun to read (and gross, too), and even if some of her stories haven’t been my favorite (Pretty Girls was too much for me in terms of crazy twists), she always delivers a real page-turner.

Triptych is still one of my favorite crime books and although Fractured wasn’t as good as the first, I think this third installment, Undone, was a great follow-up. It was so di
KARIN SLAUGHTER 17 69 Nov 29, 2014 04:24AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Undone 1 4 May 12, 2012 07:36PM
  • 14 (Taylor Jackson, #2)
  • The Face of Death (Smoky Barrett, #2)
  • I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1)
  • Stripped (Jonathan Stride, #2)
  • The Neighbor (Detective D.D. Warren, #3)
  • Kill You Twice (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell, #5)
  • Without Consent (Dr. Anya Crichton, #2)
  • Split Second (Maggie O'Dell, #2)
  • Dead Run (Monkeewrench, #3)
Karin Slaughter is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of fifteen thrillers, including UNSEEN, CRIMINAL, FALLEN, BROKEN, UNDONE, FRACTURED, BEYOND REACH, TRIPTYCH, FAITHLESS, COP TOWN, and the e-original short stories “Snatched” and “Busted.”

Slaughter was born in a small southern Georgia community, and now resides in Atlanta. She is widely credited with first coining the
More about Karin Slaughter...

Will Trent (8 books)
  • Triptych (Will Trent, #1)
  • Fractured (Will Trent, #2)
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
  • Criminal (Will Trent, #6)
  • Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)

“Considering what Pauline's been through . . ." Will began, then stopped himself. "She's not very nice."
"She's a cold-blooded bitch."
"I'm surprised I haven't fallen in love with her.”
59 likes
“You didn't realize what was passing you by until you slowed down a little bit to get a better look.” 34 likes