Start by marking “Seeds of Summer” as Want to Read:
Seeds of Summer

Seeds of Summer (Seasons of the Tallgrass #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  31 reviews
When opposites attract, sparks fly--like an electrical malfunction. That's what happens when former rodeo queen, Natalie Adams meets the new pastor in Diamond Falls. Upon the death of her father, Natalie returns to the Flint Hills to raise her two half-siblings and run the family ranch, giving up her dreams for the future. She soon realizes her time in college and as Miss ...more
Published June 2nd 2010 by Zondervan (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Seeds of Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeds of Summer

Carly
I was really looking forward to a sweet, relaxing summertime read when I picked up Seeds of Summer and that is exactly what I found. I enjoyed this book every bit as much as I hoped I would. I think what I liked best about it is the setting. It is obvious that Deborah has a great love of the Flint Hills of Kansas. I can just imagine the beauty of the prairie on a summer evening because of the wonderful writing and detail in this book.

The characters and the story served to add so much more to th
Renee
Seeds of Summer is Deborah Vogts second book and you would never know it, you'd think she's been at it for years! I was impressed with her debut novel, Snow Melts in Spring but this is definitely my favorite. If you love a sweet love story centered around a family tragedy, an estranged mother, a stubborn heroine and a cute pastor you will more than likely enjoy this book. I breezed right through it in a few sittings and will probably read it again soon.

Natalie Adams the twenty something former r
Dailycheapreads
Deborah Vogts’ first release Snow Melts in Spring was one of my favorite books, so I was excited to read the second in the Seasons of the Tall Grass Series.

Seeds of Summer opens with Natalie Adams facing a daunting task: Her father died in a tractor accident and the former rodeo queen must manage the ranch and care for her teenage brother and sister. Like any good Kansas girl, she’s stubborn and independent, but grudgingly accepts help from Jared Logan, who happens to be the new pastor in town.
Molly
Jun 14, 2010 Molly added it
Once again, Deborah Vogts has brought us a wonderfully written book! I loved this book as much as I did Snow Melts in Spring!

I loved the message this book brought out. Following your dreams and accepting life as God has planned for you. I felt a connection to the characters in some way or another, especially Natalie. There were some things about Natalie that I wanted to shake her and tell her wake up, but I couldn't. I did pray for her though. I prayed hard for Jared too. He was such a sweet ch
Cindy
Seasons of the Tall Grass

Deborah Vogts

2010

Zondervan

Fiction/Contemporary

Reveiwed by Cindy Loven

Natalie Adams, a rodeo queen has life by the tail. She is the runner up in a national rodeo pageant, she is going to college, she has big dreams. That come to a screeching halt, when her father is killed in a freak tractor accident. Returning home to care for her younger brother and sister, she is overwhelmed. And even more so when she learns there is no money in the bank. Where can her father have left
Title: SEEDS OF SUMMER
Author: Deborah Vogts
Publisher: Zondervan
May 2010
ISBN: 978-0-310-29276-0
Inspirational/contemporary

Natalie Adams is a former rodeo queen, but now she’s a twenty-two year old orphan, left in charge of the family ranch, two younger half-siblings, and dying dreams of getting a college degree. Natalie doesn’t even know where to begin.

Jared Logan is a new pastor to the community, serving in his first parish. He repeatedly comes to Natalie’s rescue, but Natalie is loath to accept
Amanda
Deborah Vogts first captured my attention with her debut release of “Snow Melts in Spring”, book one in her Seasons of the Tallgrass Series. Just a few pages into it I knew that this was going to be a ride to remember and an author whose work I’ll be keeping an eye out for! I’m not a big fan of contemporaries, but for Deborah, I’ll make an exception!

Her second book in this series, “Seeds of Summer,” does not disappoint! I love her writing style- the emotions are real and natural and acutely felt
Crazyreadingma
This is my second time reading this Author and she kept my interest and surprised me in some
chapters. Her style is much like what I prefer in the Christian fiction. Deborah Vogts is an
author that I will add to my list. The characters in the book are very believable just as stubborn
that we humans are, thinking we don't need God's help. This is a modern day story with lessons
to be learned and to remind us not to be judgmental. I can't think of a reason not to recommend
this book.
Carman
This is going to be a short review, but that in no way reflects my opinion about this book.

I'll just say that I really enjoyed this book. The characters were realistic, the storyline was engaging, and in the end I was very pleased with how everything turned out. :) I would definitely recommend this book and the first one in this series.
Margaret Metz
This deserves 4 1/2 stars and possibly even 5. It has some of the richest characters and best use of setting that I've read in a while. I'll be putting together a full review soon for my blog - but I truly enjoyed this one. :o)
Rachel
Great sequel to "Snow Melts in Spring". I really enjoyed it. What's not to love? Horses, Rodeo, Kansas, it has all the makings of a great book!
Elizabeth Olmedo
In Seeds of Summer, Deborah Vogts shows that the best way to face our fears is through faith. Natalie is forced to confront the faith she turned away from as a child, while Jared wrestles with his motives for becoming a pastor. Vogts also tackles the complicated issue of mixed faith relationships.

Seeds of Summer sticks to the classic boy-meets-girl plot. While the plotline and conversations felt cheesy at times, I still enjoyed this easy read. I recommend Seeds of Summer to anyone looking for a
Lori
Jun 23, 2010 Lori rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lori by: Deborah Vogts
As soon as I finished reading the first book in this series, Snow Melts in Spring, I didn't know how I could possibly wait months to read this one. As it turns out, it wasn't as hard as I expected. =) Let me also mention, to those of you that are familiar with my obsession of reading series books in order, there is really no need with these 2 books. The characters from Snow Melts in Spring are just briefly mentioned in Seeds of Summer.

While this was a really good story, it didn't touch my heart
Susan Hollaway
It seems that none of Natalie Adams’s hopes and dreams are working out for her these days. Just when she seems to have adjusted to her disappointment and sets new goals with a return to college, her father dies unexpectedly. Not only is she devastated, she has the sole responsibility of raising her half-brother and half-sister. She’s had to abandon yet another dream to make a go of her father’s ranch. Just when she thinks the burden of running a ranch can’t get any heavier, her step-mother, long ...more
Tamara
SEEDS OF SUMMER was a wonderful summer read, hitting on everything I like: ranch living, a stubborn heroine, and a gentlemanly hero. If you are a sucker for anything set in the west, you will love Deborah Vogts SEEDS OF SUMMER.

Natalie Adams’ life is no longer her own. Having to put aside her Rodeo Queen dreams, she must deal with the reality of life after her father’s sudden death. Once again in the role of mother to her younger brother and sister, she feels she’s in a no win situation. With her
Janalyn Voigt
SEEDS OF SUMMER will take you into the Flint Hills, one of the last tallgrass prairie regions in the world, for a touching love story. Rodeo Queen Natalie Adams tries to conquer adversity on her own when she suffers disappointment, tragedy and broken family relationships. Jared Logan only wants to help, and although Natalie views the handsome young pastor with suspicion, she's in no position to turn down a helping hand. When their attraction grows, Jared holds to his principles and Natalie faces ...more
Jane
I think the author outdone all her previous books with this one. It isn't a book you can put down.
Natalie at the start is disappointed she never made rodeo queen - only runner-up. On top of that she has lost her Dad and is taking care of her brother and sister. In the midst of this Jared, the new minister, who moved to town is fishing when her brother, Dillion, comes upon him. While Natalie is looking for her brother she comes upon Jared. Reminds me of the first time I met my husband. I was mad
Nora St Laurent
Seeds of Summer reminds me of the Little House in the Prairie TV Series. Each week the stories were about family struggles and/or a budding romance that would grab the viewers’ attention as they watch the characters struggle with this new development in their lives. This was brought to a somewhat predictable conclusion and hopefully the characters learned something about family and what mattered most in life. The show gave you a good feeling and left you ready for the next week’s episode. I rece ...more
Valerie Comer
Seeds of Summer offers a glimpse into the world of rodeo with heroine Natalie Adams, rodeo queen runner-up. When Natalie’s father is killed in an accident on the ranch, Natalie returns to take over the ranch and raise her two half-siblings, but teenage Chelsey doesn’t appreciate her sister’s efforts.

The town’s new, young pastor is drawn to Natalie and tries to help her by taking her young brother fishing and keeping reins on Chelsey, but everything comes to a head when Chelsey and Dillon’s mothe
Patty LeBlanc
I can't even imagine the difficult choices Natalie Adams faced when her father died unexpectedly. Natalie had plans for herself, but when her father dies she feels responsible to take on the farm and her two half-siblings. I felt the conflicting emotions running through Natalie and understood her uncertainty of the future. But God had plans for her that she had not foreseen, and they played out so beautifully as she kept finding herself wherever Jared happened to be. Jared was unsure of what the ...more
Keli Gwyn
Deborah Vogts brings the Flint Hills of Kansas to life once again in her latest book, SEEDS OF SUMMER. I felt for former rodeo queen, Natalie, as she struggled to hold her family together following her father’s death. She’s tough and determined, but she’s taken on more than one woman can handle. Enter caring pastor Jared, a man who wants to help but is questioning his own decisions. Vogts’ characters are likable, their challenges realistic, and their resolution satisfying. I had a real soft spot ...more
Heather Hart
I've read this book twice - I love it. Deborah Vogts is an amazing author and I can't wait until she releases more books!

Life was far from perfect for this Rodeo Queen - but she didn't need or want help from anyone - especially not a preacher.
Ann
This is a true-to-life family drama. I loved the rodeo background--it added depth and interest to the story. For my full review, please visit my blog at http://www.annshorey.blogspot.com/

Thanks for Zondervan for providing my copy for review purposes.
Melinda
I liked the first book in this series better, but this one was good. It was predictable, but I really liked how Natalie rose to the challenge of caring for her brother and sister, and how willing she was to give up her dreams for them. It's admirable.
Trish Boese
Another fun story set in the Flint Hills of Kansas... a has-been rodeo queen has to take over the ranch and look after 2 siblings when her father is killed unexpectedly. And the hero who saves the day is an unlikely young pastor.
C.J. Darlington
3 1/2 stars. This isn't normally the genre I read, but I found myself drawn into the story. Says a lot for the author. A nice story for lovers of the American West, as well as those who enjoy a good romance novel.
Ginger
Waiting for book #3 in this series. On Deborah Vogts' website, I Stumbled across a list of Christian Fiction, many of which I didn't know. Can't wait to explore them further. Happy reading!
Jan
I so enjoyed reading this second one of the series, love story of a pastor and a ranch girl that was very believable and well written...kudos to the author!
Donna
This is a well written, nice, clean, sweet christian romance. In Nook eBook format there are 279 pages to the book.
Margaret
May 18, 2010 Margaret marked it as to-read
Recommended to Margaret by: FIRST
*Thanks to Zondervan Publishers for providing a copy for review.*
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Deborah Vogts is an author for Zondervan and writes contemporary inspirational fiction. Seeds of Summer, her second book in the Seasons of the Tallgrass series is set to release May 2010. The first book, Snow Melts in Spring is available in stores now.

In writing the Seasons of the Tallgrass series, she hopes to share her passion for one of the last tallgrass prairie regions in the world, showing
More about Deborah Vogts...

Seasons of the Tallgrass (2 books)
Snow Melts in Spring