Start by marking “Parfaite pour toi (Chicago Stars, #6)” as Want to Read:
Parfaite pour toi (Chicago Stars, #6)

Parfaite pour toi (Chicago Stars #6)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  32,532 Ratings  ·  1,302 Reviews
"L'agression est le seul mode de communication que comprenne Heath Champion." Forte de ce conseil, Annabelle Granger décide d'employer les grands moyens pour convaincre l'agent sportif qu'elle est la meilleure conseillère matrimoniale de Chicago. En effet, le Python, comme on le surnomme, a décidé de convoler avec une femme qui sera le symbole de sa réussite. Peu importe q ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 407 pages
Published November 10th 2006 by J'ai Lu (first published August 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Parfaite pour toi, please sign up.

Jeanwong0710 Some of the charactors appear in SEP's other books, but you can definitely read it as a stand-alone.

Ana {The Good Gif Fairy}

photo Fotor030413331_zpsv3tqjm0z.jpg

This book is just what I needed. Even though I purchased it a few years ago, I’ve only just got round to reading it. Better late than never, right?

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is the queen of romantic comedy. Her stories always manage to cheer me up. They're pure magic.

Match Me If You Can is a delightful book that is full charm, wit and hilariousness. What did I like most about this book? The answer is simple- the characters.

Heath. Let me quote Salt-N-Pepa: What a man, what a man, what a man, wha
Dina
Jun 17, 2011 Dina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Tammy
Let me start by saying this: I admit I'm a "sexist" and I read romance novels mostly for the hero. As long as the hero is worth it and the heroine isn't a pain in the a$$, I'm happy.

That said, I have to state that the best thing about Match Me If You Can was Annabelle and not Heath. She was just adorable in her quirkiness, the kind of friend I cherish in RL. She loved Heath, so I wanted her to have him. Not because he was to-die-for, but because he was "the one" for her. Seriously, I spent a lar
Mo
Apr 08, 2015 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

l loved it just as much, if not more, the second time around.

Annabelle. What's not to love? A strong, independent lady who won't bow down to the whims of her family. She knows what she wants to do and she goes for it.

Heath. Sexy, and boy does he know it. But he's made a name for himself and is now a smart, confident, rich guy.

Great to catch up with Phoebe, Dan, Molly, Kevin and the gang.

I know, Heath's description in the book is nothing like this guy but who cares.... I know what I like so I wil
Mandy
Dec 06, 2015 Mandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS

“If I could put my brain in her body, the world would be mine for the taking.”

description

OH MY GOD! Why I did not read this earlier I do not understand. This book was the perfect mix of romance,banter, and heart pounding moments. I loved the dialogue between Annabelle and Heath. I loved Annabelle's sassy wit. I loved Heath's sexy, arrogant-as-hell attitude. Basically I loved everything about it.

Heath Champion aka The Python, is Chicago's sexiest bachelor, who needs a "perfect" wife by his 35th birt
♥Sharon♥
Jun 22, 2015 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And the magic continues. Though I have to admit, I wasn’t sure if I was going to love this one as much as the other. I wondered how SEP would pull it off since these two characters were not part of the immediate Chicago Stars family but she did it. I. LOVED. IT.

I’m going to try to keep this one short and sweet.

In Match Me If You Can we meet Heath. He is Kevin Tucker’s agent. He was sexy, had a killer smile and dressed to kill. He was also known as the Python.

photo 877a0968-4246-43b8-86c6-0b74a6bb5a9b_zps07fulkvw.jpg

Having just about everything he wan
Ingela
Written May 5, 2015

4.4 Stars - Amusing, romantic, great high quality m/f romance as always from SEP

I just finished the 11:15 hrs audiobook edition amazingly well narrated by always delivering Anna Fields. — I love all these characters, this style of contemporary and enjoyed every minute.

This will be a lazy review... you all already know how much I like these Susan Elizabeth Phillips romances. It's not much to say: this was another GREAT installment to an fantastic series.

**********************
Christina ~ Brunette Reader
Apr 20, 2016 Christina ~ Brunette Reader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina ~ Brunette Reader by: Jill

4,5 "Perfect for You" Stars

... and right then it occurred to him that he hadn't enjoyed himself so much with a woman in a very long time.

Fun, fun, fun! A non-stop romantic funfest from start to finish where Annabelle Granger, a quirky thirty-something matchmaker with a fledgling business, a colourful wardrobe and a big heart meets Heath Champion, a too-handsome NFL top agent with a goal in mind: marrying his ideal woman, aka everything Annabelle is not. Will our resourceful matchmaker be abl
Amy (Foxy)
Match Me If You Can is about Heath, the wealthy sports agent, who wants the perfect wife. Of course, he's too busy to look for this perfect woman and instead has two different match making agencies in search of her. Annabelle is the owner of one of those agencies and she's determined to find him the perfect woman.

Heath's demands on Annabelle created a lot of fun banter. Having Annabelle attend all the introductions between him and the potential candidates built lively conversation between the t
Denisa
4.5 This is one of the best romances I've ever read!

I admit, I don't think that a lot of romances deserve more than 3 stars. Don't get me wrong, I love reading contemporary, but I rarely find a great one. Why? Because they're all so much alike! Mostly, if you've read one, you've read them all.

So, how can a romance get more than 3 stars from me? Well, there are a few "feelings" I need to have, for it to deserve more. Any good romance has to make me laugh, anxious, happy, sad, giddy, and, if I'm
Mahlet
Jun 07, 2010 Mahlet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audio, favorites
What a totally unexpected treat!! I really loved this one. It was my first Susan Elizabeth Phillips book, but I’m already looking for more of her work. The premise was so adorable. Annabelle Granger comes from a family of successful doctors, accountants and the like, but every business she becomes involved with ends up failing. She studied theatre in college, but that didn’t amount to much. Her ex-fiancé is now a cross dresser, and she hasn’t been with a man since their broken engagement 2 years ...more
Karen
Apr 06, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 STARS

Another stunner from Susan Elizabeth Phillips! I can’t seem to get enough of these books. Match Me if You Can is Book 5 in the Chicago Stars series, and it features Kevin Tucker’s sports agent...

Heath Champion, who has enlisted the aid of a matchmaking firm to find him the perfect wife… before his upcoming deadline for marriage, his thirty-fifth birthday.

“I’m looking for someone extraordinary.”

It seems Heath has his life planned to the “T.” After surviving his disaster of a childhood
[Aengell]
5 bestest reread stars

Oh, how I love this story. If anyone isn't hooked on Susan Elizabeth Phillips, they should read this novel (even if it's out of order), they will be in for a treat!

We have a desperate, down-on-her-luck heroine, Annabelle, who takes over her grandmothers matchmaking business. Annabelle is one of the loveliest, most courageous and strong heroines I've encountered in this genre, and other than her quirkiness and laugh-out-loud quotes, she has something that makes me sympathiz
Milica's Bookshelf
Nisam očekivala puno od ove knjige, ali mi se zaista svidela.
Heath me je totalno osvojio. :)
Tammy
I've read Match Me If You Can four times now - without a doubt my favorite SEP book in the Chicago Stars series! - so I couldn't help picking up the audio version after reading several rave reviews about it. Anna Fields was very talented and her voice was most definitely a perfect match for the scatterbrained Annabelle Granger. (Sort of reminds me of actress Zooey Deschanel.) It saddens me to hear that Anna Fields passed away. I will be snatching up as many of her audio books as possible before ...more
L. (Climbing Mt. TBR one page at a time)
Some readers would consider this a contemporary romance. I call it chick-lit, because I'm doing a chick-lit challenge and I don't feel like digging up another book. Besides, Match Me If You Can conforms to all the chick-lit rules. There's a ne'er-do-well heroine who can't do anything right (work, love, relationships, etc.); the hero is rich and handsome (and nothing more); there are some sidekicks who are supportive and/or quirky; and there's endless, endless, endless descriptions of what these ...more
Jackie
Sep 10, 2013 Jackie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I often have mixed feelings about SEP books, but this one really made me uncomfortable. Some takeaway messages:

• To start your book off with a bang, make your heroine an insecure screw-up and make sure you mess up her clothes and make her late for an important appointment
• It's ok if your family denigrates and insults you, as long as they love you (you, of course, being a woman)
• Men who work too hard have to fall in love and they'll learn to scale back; women who work too hard have to have thei
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
3 star

I liked how the couple transitioned from friends to a relationship as opposed to insta love. I didn't feel like this made much of an impact on me though. In fact I'm pretty sure it will be forgotten next week. Overall it was a nice light fluffy book to pass the time.
Oana
This is romantic comedy at its most magnificent, fantastic from all angles. I cannot recommend this author enough, she's the best of that contemporary romance has to offer at this point.
Nisha
Now listening to it in audiobook form

September 20, 2011--------
I've read this 3 times now and I can still say its one of the most memorable SEP books EVER. I don't need to rewrite the 2009 review, but I just wanted to point out that this has high re-read value. I really need to get myself a permanent paperback copy.

June 17, 2009 Review----------------------------------
2nd Time through (and a year later), I feel like I was crazy when I first read this. I actually like Annabelle (and her faults -
Len
Annabelle

Heath

SEP never disappoint. The story is the typical romance but have a great characters. It was nice that the Chicago stars members is back is complete with additional Pippi, who won my heart.
Maddie ♥  ┼
May 26, 2016 Maddie ♥ ┼ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cr
According to me a Prologue or the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!

SO Herewith my review!

Prologue OR Chapter 1
I was sucked in from page one and could not stop reading, if you are looking for a fun CR well this is a great book to read and you do not need to read the series in sequence

Type of Characters and my choices according to pictures :

Relationship devel
Nefise
It was very sweet, very engaging read. I didn't want to drop till the end of the book. Although, I read it before, I didn't remember so much about it. So it was a nice to read some things as if I was reading it first time. It made me smile, laugh and sad.
Also, imo, it's the rare book of SEP that hero's presence was so much prepotent and I loved that fact very much.

Heroine is a sweet heart. She's cute, friendly, clever and very ingenuous. I think, I can say that she's one of my favorite heroines
Alice Kellen
Jul 12, 2016 Alice Kellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 :)
Renee
Jan 19, 2014 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Match me if you can is a sassy, fun, light hearted romantic comedy about finding love. It wasn't as dazzling as It Had To Be You, but it was definitely entertaining. I enjoyed it!

Shelly
Sep 07, 2014 Shelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, romance
Oh my goodness, how much do I love this book? Let me count the ways!!

1 - Who doesn't love a super sexy, high powered, supremely arrogant know it all hero who falls head over heels in love with the heroine?

2 - Annabel is one of my all-time favorite heroines! Sweet, spunky and after years of dealing with her over-achieving family, dealing with Heath is a piece of cake!

3 - It's a story about good old-fashioned matchmaking! Yes, matchmakers seem outdated as a general rule, but they are still in exis
Mandy
I have really enjoyed every book in this series but I think this one is my favorite. There is just something really special about Annabelle and Heath's story that I loved so much. Absolutely perfect!
Kinga
Aug 07, 2012 Kinga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kinga by: Jill
Jill and I have this new game we play. I recommend her something outside of her comfort zone, and she recommends me her favourite romance books. It works perfectly for me, because I get an excuse to read another romance.

'Match Me If You Can' is a contemporary romance novel and that's a pretty new territory for me.

I am used to Regency stuff where the characters are so proud and prejudiced that they will go through the whole book before they verbalise what they feel. The insane Victorian conventi
Wanderlust
Actual rating - 3.5.
This was my least favourite book in the series so far but I did enjoy it.
D.G.
**3.5 stars**

Match Me If You Can was going great until the end when not one but TWO of my big romance pet peeves reared their ugly head: the public proposal and the "tell me you love me or else" emotional blackmail. One or the other usually makes want to pull my hair out so you can imagine how I felt with both.

Annabelle has failed in pretty much every career she's tried and now she wants to give it a go as a matchmaker. Heath Champion, a successful sports agent, is in search of a wife and she ma
Tuba Özkat
Mar 17, 2015 Tuba Özkat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mü-kem-mel! SEP "beğenirim-beğenmem" konularında asla şaşkınlığa uğratmaz! Kitaplarındaki kurgusu nefistir. Eğer okuyucusunu güldürmek istiyorsa, yanaklarınızın acımasına hazır olun. Eğer biraz heyecanlanmanızı ve kalbiniz kırılmış gibi hissetmenizi istiyorsa, aman Allah zavallı yüreciklerimizi korusun. Aşık hissetmenizi istiyorsa, iptalsiniz ve aşıksınız. Size üzmek istiyorsa, ağlarsınız. Kalemiyle bunu çok net ifade ediyor. Kelimelerle oynuyor, karakterlerin didişmelerinde kullandıkları cümlel ...more
If this were to be a movie whom would you cast in what role? 7 54 Jul 31, 2015 02:31PM
Hiiii! HELP. 7 204 Dec 22, 2013 04:02PM
What's The Name o...: Girl Matchmaker has to find wife for Hot Football Team Manager [s] 6 50 Sep 17, 2012 07:24PM
  • See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • The Kept Woman
  • Faking It (Dempseys, #2)
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • Hot Stuff (Hot Zone, #1)
  • Body Check (New York Blades, #1)
  • Sliding Home (Richmond Rogues, #4)
  • Perfect (Second Opportunities, #2)
  • Tall Tales and Wedding Veils (Playboys, #2)
  • Anything for You (It's All About Attitude #6)
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

The Huffington Post says the books of Susan Elizabeth Phillips provide a “gateway drug to the whole [romance] genre,” which she assumes is a good thing. Bookpage magazine calls her “the crown jewel of romantic comedy writers,” which is definitely a good thing. Since she wrote her first novel on a typewriter in her kitchen, her books have been published in over 30 languages
More about Susan Elizabeth Phillips...

Chicago Stars (8 books)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
  • Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)

“sometimes knowing when to give up is the real test of character...

-annabelle granger”
163 likes
“If I could put my brain in her body, the world would be mine for the taking.” 130 likes