Mom, There's a Dinosaur in Beeson's Lake

Mom, There's a Dinosaur in Beeson's Lake

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  16 reviews
In the all-new hardcover Mom, There’s A Dinosaur in Beeson’s Lake, fourth grader Scab McNally is convinced he glimpsed some kind of swamp creature while fishing on Beeson’s Lake, but his mom won’t let him find proof until he passes a swimming class. Scab is NOT ready for the deep end of the pool, so it’s back to his top-sec...more
Published February 9th 2010 by Aladdin (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mom, There's a Dinosaur in Beeson's Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mom, There's a Dinosaur in Beeson's Lake

Callee
Ok so this was a book on CD that I got for my kids to listen to in the car. I thought that my 4 year old (who is obsessed with dinosaurs) would love it. Wrong. This story is about a 10 year old boy that hates swimming and likes to go fishing with his friends on Saturdays. They think it's so funny to talk about farting and stuff like that - lame! Oh, yeah and the part about the dinosaur? I think that it mentioned a dinosaur in a chapter in the middle and in the last chapter. Double lame! It's mor...more
Sandra Stiles
This was a cute book. Scab is dying to go on a fishing trip with his uncle over the summer. His parents insist he take a swim class. The problem is he will be required to swim in the deep end of the pool. This is something that absolutely terrifies him. Deep water, diving, enchiladas are just a few things on his list of things he is afraid of. When he and his friends go fishing, and the big one snaps his pole, he is sure he has seen a dinosaur in the Lake. When his friends see the same thing the...more
William
Amusing story with a cute ending.
Silver Knight, 2012 (grade 3 list)
When the main conflict is getting up the courage to swim in the deep end of the pool, it's hard to imagine there will be enough action to pull us through the plot. However, in this transitional reader, there are plenty of funny scenes, text boxes with quirky third grade observations about life, and a main character with lots of spunk. It adds up to a fun read although the title is misleading...the dinosaur is not a big part of things.
Megan Hansen
This was a very adorable, fun read. It’s perfect for reading aloud to a child because they have a lot to keep them occupied, like the cute illustrations and the even more adorable “Scab Tips.” Trueit sneaks in some actual teaching through out the book that’s so incognito your kid won’t know their learning while they get engrossed in Scab’s adventure. Five stars for the wonderful layout, awesome story and great illustrations.
Uflchildrens
This was an entertaining of a boy who often gets into trouble and who thinks that he nearly hooks a dinosaur while out fishing with his dog and two friends. I think this book would appeal mostly to boys who appreciate an occasional fart joke. On the borderline between first chapter books and older kid books. --Rachel V.
J/Trueit
Matt
It was a good book for new readers and I think young boys would relate very well to the main character. However, it did not have a complete finish to the storyline. Maybe a new reader would miss that or maybe it will be tackled in the next book of the series. I guess I will have to read on. THis book was recieved through first reads.
Meghan Nels
I found this book to be very funny! Scab always seems to have ridiculous ideas and always gets caught. His perfect twin sister helps his ideas to seem even more far-fetched and humorous. I think students in grades 2 & 3 will enjoy reading this shorter chapter book.
Rachel
This was a mildly entertaining of a boy who often gets into trouble and who thinks that he nearly hooks a dinosaur while out fishing with his dog and two friends. I think this book would appeal mostly to boys who appreciate an occasional fart joke.
Joenna
When ten-year-old "Scab" McNally takes swimming lessons, he is afraid he will be forced to reveal his secret fear of deep water.

I absolutely love this series! I am seriously laughing out loud when I read these.
Mary
3rd-4th grades Fourth grade inventor Scag McNally is in deep water (whixh by the way, happens to be the one thing he is deathly afraid of).
Ishaan Saha
This book is very awesome and I Can't wait to get the next book.
excellent middle grade boy book
Kaulin
This book was awesome!
Melissa
Really quite fun.
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Aruna
Aruna marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Wendy Garland
Wendy Garland marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Ever since writing and directing her first play in the fourth grade, Trudi Trueit has loved storytelling. In her career, she's been a TV news reporter, PR specialist, freelance writer, and now, children's author. She's published more than 90 fiction and nonfiction titles for kids, from pre-k through teen. Trudi's married to her college sweetheart, Bill, and lives to serve the every whim of her cat...more
More about Trudi Trueit...
Julep O'Toole: Confessions of a Middle Child No Girls Allowed (Dogs Okay) Julep O' Toole: Miss Independent Stealing Popular Scab for Treasurer?