Start by marking “Hearts of Three” as Want to Read:
Hearts of Three

Hearts of Three

Francis Morgan, a wealthy heir of industrialist and Wall Street maven Richard Henry Morgan, is a jaded young New Yorker. When his father's business partner Thomas Regan suggests that Francis take a holiday in Central America, ostensibly to search for the treasure of the Morgans' legendary ancestor, Francis thinks it's a splendid idea. But he never suspects what adventures ...more
Published June 1st 2003 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1911)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts of Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts of Three

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Phantom of the Opera by Gaston LerouxThe Innocence of Father Brown by G.K. ChestertonEthan Frome by Edith WhartonEncyclopaedia Britannica by Encyclopaedia Britannica
Best of 1911
24 books — 13 voters
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Lost Symbol by Dan BrownHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingAngels & Demons by Dan BrownCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
favourites
97 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Andrea
- I might be biased, because this book is one of those spell-binding gems that stole my heart when I was a kid
- Who doesn't like a tale of adventure and treasure seeking? This book right here has it all, including secret passages, deadly traps, old map... Indiana Jones, eat your heart out
- London writes great women. Considering that the novel was published in 1911 both Leoncia and the Lady Who Dreams feel modern, and there is practically no sexism so typical in literature of that period. His her
Gela Tevzadze
May 28, 2007 Gela Tevzadze rated it really liked it
Shelves: occlassics
One of the best adventure novels I've ever read! Got acquainted with it sometime in early teens, and the favorable impression still persists... Can not say for sure whether re-reading will improve or even maintain this perception, but definitely a great reading for formative years.
Anya Levkovich
Aug 10, 2012 Anya Levkovich rated it it was amazing
Loved this book as a kid.. While I read it in Russian. Loved it even more now as an adult in its original language!
Bettie☯
The story got away from the author at points but the enthusiasm and romance never falters. Not especially 'kewl' for today's readers but I was immersed.

4.5*
Yulia Ovsyannikova
Jul 28, 2013 Yulia Ovsyannikova rated it liked it
finally!
my own happy end.
Marko
Jan 03, 2010 Marko rated it it was amazing
For once, London was not writing about Alaska.
Victoria
Jul 22, 2015 Victoria rated it it was ok
'Hearts of Three' by Jack London is an adventure story that contains almost everything you need for a great adventure story: treasure, high-minded protagonists, beautiful woman, Indigenous people with their rituals, devious antagonists, triumph of justice, etc. Although I put only two stars for this book, I'd like to mention that it does not mean that I did not like the book, beacuse according to Goodreads rating system two stars mean the book was ok. So, yes, this book was just ok.
To my mind,
Красимира
Една от любимите ми приключенчески книги. В нея има всичко необходимо за страхотен филм - търсене на съкровище, загадъчно племе, любов, битки, обрати... Ако киното беше на днешното ниво по времето на Джек Лондон, със сигурност щяха да я филмират със съответните специални ефекти в 3D, след което щеше да оглави боксофиса. Изключително добре написана и разтоварваща история.
Sille
Jan 18, 2016 Sille rated it liked it
Classical adventure story, containing all parts you need for it: treasure-seeking, love triangle, noble protagonists, beautiful women, indigenous people with their rituals, exotic places, triumph of justice.
3 stars because I'm obviously too old for these adventure stories, right time for this would have been over 20 years ago.
Heather
Jan 29, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Jack London's novelization of an early series of adventure screenplays. Nonstop action of the ridiculous and debonair kind (and somewhat racist in that written-by-a-white-guy-in-1916 way). Indiana Jones owes a debt to the Messrs. Morgan. I feel like I should have worked a lot of exclamation points into this review.
Katya
Oct 13, 2014 Katya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Really enjoyed reading it, which was a surprise for me. At first, I thought it was going to be boring, but after reading 3 chapters I could not stop reading. It was such an interesting and fun book to read that I feel like I want to read it again soon.
Vrani_Volosa
Mar 27, 2012 Vrani_Volosa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Доста по-различно от това,което досега съм чела на Лондон, но и той сам си го казва. Изключително интересна книга, има малко мелодрама, но нещата са представени по възможно най-добрия начин, самия превод също мн ми допадна, точно в негов стил. Препоръчвам.
Alisu'
Jan 13, 2014 Alisu' rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
“Cînd adîncimile albastre se zbat şi gem înfiorate
Si-a mării spumă vînturată ne este-n faţă azvîrlită,
Alături de catargul mare nepăsători stăm spate-n spate
Si stăpînind ca şi doi demoni, întreaga hoardă razvrătită.”
Сhristie ♥
Три зірочки лише тому, що я вже виросла з таких книжок. Підлітково-романтичних. Та все ж отримала велике задоволення від перекладу та видання українською мовою. Тішуся, що вона є на моїй книжковій полиці.
May 24, 2016 Laura marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Bettie☯
Free download available at FeedBooks.
Alexander
Для Джека Лондона очень слабовато. Мыльная опера, родство главных героев угадывалось.
Santa Shakya
Jan 09, 2016 Santa Shakya rated it it was amazing
Любимая.
Олександра Рижкова
Мама знає, що дати почитати дитині)))
Ludmirska
Aug 11, 2011 Ludmirska rated it it was amazing
Favourite childhood book! time to read again!
Ru Shutnick
Apr 03, 2013 Žiga Pavlič rated it did not like it
boring
Ekon Pastelo
Mar 04, 2015 Ekon Pastelo rated it it was amazing
Interesting, brethtaking. A must read for young adolescents
Borys
Mar 16, 2011 Borys rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kids, teens, adults who want some adventure
Fine book if you'd like just to sit back and relax a bit. You deeply immersed in the strange world of adventure, romance, and treasure hunting -- time will fly ;) So, be warned!
Dana Yakovenko
Dana Yakovenko rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2015
Kairu
Kairu rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Reinis
Reinis rated it did not like it
May 28, 2014
Ksenia
Ksenia rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2015
  • The Quadroon
  • Two Captains
  • Далекая радуга
  • Montezuma's Daughter
  • Fortune's Journey
  • Тайна заброшенного замка (Волшебник Изумрудного города, #6)
  • Consuelo
  • Тимур и его команда
  • Chicot the Jester (The Last Valois, #2)
  • Snowfall
  • A Story about a Real Man
  • Professor Dowell's Head
  • Atlas Shrugged Part B: New Edition
  • Сказки старого Вильнюса
  • Дама с собачкой. Повести и рассказы
  • Short Stories
Jack London was an American novelist, journalist, social-activist and short-story writer whose works deal romantically with elemental struggles for survival. At his peak, he was the highest paid and the most popular of all living writers. Because of early financial difficulties, he was largely self educated past grammar school.

London drew heavily on his life experiences in his writing. He spent ti
More about Jack London...