Hearts of Three

Hearts of Three

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  434 ratings  ·  13 reviews
In the words of Jack London, "I have written some novels of adventure in my time, but never, in all of the many of them, have I perpetrated a totality of action equal to what is contained in 'Hearts of Three'."
Published June 1st 2003 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1911)

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Innocence of Father Brown by G.K. ChestertonThe Phantom of the Opera by Gaston LerouxEncyclopaedia Britannica by Encyclopaedia BritannicaFanny's First Play by George Bernard Shaw
Best of 1911
12th out of 22 books — 10 voters
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Lost Symbol by Dan BrownDune by Frank HerbertHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingAngels & Demons by Dan Brown
favourites
44th out of 97 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Gela Tevzadze
One of the best adventure novels I've ever read! Got acquainted with it sometime in early teens, and the favorable impression still persists... Can not say for sure whether re-reading will improve or even maintain this perception, but definitely a great reading for formative years.
Anya Levkovich
Loved this book as a kid.. While I read it in Russian. Loved it even more now as an adult in its original language!
Yulia Ovsyannikova
finally!
my own happy end.
Heather
Jack London's novelization of an early series of adventure screenplays. Nonstop action of the ridiculous and debonair kind (and somewhat racist in that written-by-a-white-guy-in-1916 way). Indiana Jones owes a debt to the Messrs. Morgan. I feel like I should have worked a lot of exclamation points into this review.
Vrani_Volosa
Доста по-различно от това,което досега съм чела на Лондон, но и той сам си го казва. Изключително интересна книга, има малко мелодрама, но нещата са представени по възможно най-добрия начин, самия превод също мн ми допадна, точно в негов стил. Препоръчвам.
Borys
Mar 20, 2011 Borys rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Kids, teens, adults who want some adventure
Fine book if you'd like just to sit back and relax a bit. You deeply immersed in the strange world of adventure, romance, and treasure hunting -- time will fly ;) So, be warned!
Esmira Serova
One of my favorite adventure novels, which I re-read from time to time if I feel nostalgic.
Costi Delca
For the lovers of action-packed adventure readings.
Ludmirska
Favourite childhood book! time to read again!
☯Bettie☯
The story got away from the author at points but the enthusiasm and romance never falters. Not especially 'kewl' for today's readers but I was immersed.

4.5*
Marko
For once, London was not writing about Alaska.
Yuri
Jun 06, 2013 Yuri added it
Awesome!!
Nastya
Nastya marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Katerina
Katerina marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
  • Osceola the Seminole: The Red Fawn of the Flower Land
  • Two Captains
  • Montezuma's Daughter
  • Consuelo
  • Chicot the Jester (The Last Valois, #2)
  • Timur and his Team
  • Урфин Джюс и его деревянные солдаты (Волшебник изумрудного города, #2)
  • Professor Dowell's Head
  • Алые паруса
  • In Search of the Castaways; or the Children of Captain Grant
  • Власть несбывшегося (Лабиринты Ехо, #6)
  • Captain Blood Returns
  • A Story about a Real Man
  • Golden Calf
  • Snowfall
  • Обитаемый остров
  • Gone with the Wind, Part 1 of 2
Jack London was an American novelist, journalist, social-activist and short-story writer whose works deal romantically with elemental struggles for survival. At his peak, he was the highest paid and the most popular of all living writers. Because of early financial difficulties, he was largely self educated past grammar school.

London drew heavily on his life experiences in his writing. He spent ti...more
More about Jack London...
The Call of the Wild White Fang The Call of the Wild/White Fang The Call of the Wild, White Fang and Other Stories (World's Classics) The Sea Wolf