Schatten der Lust (Immortals, #4)

Schatten der Lust (Immortals #4)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  1,191 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Geschaffen zum Anbeginn der Zeit, um die Menschheit zu schützen, sind die Krieger in Vergessenheit geraten. Doch die Magie lebt weiter – in Vampiren, Werwölfen und anderen mystischen Wesen. Als sich einer von ihnen dem Bösen verschwört, braucht die Welt die Hilfe der Unsterblichen.« Er ist als »Der Verrückte« bekannt. Und die Hexe Leda ahnt, warum, als sie den unsterbliche...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Knaur (first published January 1st 2007)

Laura the Highland Hussy
Hunter is a happy-go-lucky warrior who is supposedly the crazy one. He's not, he just doesn't care about anything, he won't. Not since his wife and babies were slaughtered by the Big Bad.
Leda is a witch who used death magic to summon a demon to save her dying husband, and his thanks? a divorce, and being treated like crap by the other witches until she left the Coven of Light. Luckily the Calling spell sent Hunter to her on a remote island near Mexi-cali.
This fifth installment of the Immortals...more
Jodz
I picked this book up from the library not knowing it the last book of a series I haven't read. I started to read it 3 times and never got past the 5th page, I just couldn't get into it.

I picked it up again last night determined to start & finish it before I take it back and im glad I did!!

Reading the 1st books in the series isn't really nessesary but I do wish I had known before reading so I could have got used to the terms and refferences.

It had a great storyline with great charecters...I...more
☂ ℬrandi
❤❤½

Our heroine, Leda Stowe (Lee-da), an air witch, lives isolated on a island near Mexico where she cares for endangered exotic animals. Currently she houses Taro, a Japanese bear and Mukasa (really?!?) the lion. She's divorced and posses a little death magic in her due to a pact she made with a groth demon to save her dying husband. The details of the husband and never discussed and really the groth demon angle is never really pursed since Hunter removes the dark magic from her, annulling her...more
May Mostly Romance
ขอบอกว่าแม็กซ์ผิดหวังพอสมควรกับงานของเจนนิเฟอร์ในหนังสือชุดนี้ก่อนเลยแล้วกันค่ะ แม็กซ์ชอบคอนเซ็ปต์ของเรื่อง (ซึ่งเป็นความคิดของเจนนิเฟอร์) มาก เรื่องราวของนักรบอมตะห้าคนที่ถูกสร้างขึ้นมาเพื่อพิทักษ์โลก แต่เรื่องที่เจนนิเฟอร์เขียน (The Calling และเล่มนี้) กลับเป็นเล่มที่อ่อนที่สุดในชุด

ข่าวดีก็คือ เล่มนี้สนุกกว่า The Calling เยอะค่ะ แต่มันก็ยังไม่ใกล้เคียงฝีมือของเจนนิเฟอร์ แอชลี่ย์ที่แม็กซ์เคยอ่านจากเล่มอื่น ๆ (แนะนำงานของเธอเรื่อง The Mad, Bad Duke) มันอาจเกิดจากแม็กซ์คาดหวังกับคาแร็คเตอร์ของฮั...more
MaggieReadsRom
What an amazing conclusion to a wonderful and magical set of books!
And lucky for us readers who have closed this series into our hearts the end is nowhere near yet since there are at least 3 more books and an anthology planned for the future starting with Taine’s story in September 2008.
But for now let’s get back to the book at hand.

After reading the Awakening the rollercoaster ride slowed down considerably but luckily Ashley took me for a serious spin with this one.

Leda and Hunter are great...more
Lover of Romance
The Gathering is Book 4 of the Immortal Series, which after reading this book leaves me eager to read the rest of the series, it captivated my heart and left me breathless. Leda Stowe is a witch, who lives on a island where she takes care of a bear and a lion that she saved from terrible masters who treated them crually. Leda has a tender heart, and has a genuine caring about others and especially animals. Hunter is a Immortal, a most powerful being who has spent centuries destroying demons and...more
Emily
In the climactic fourth book in the Immortals series, the Immortal Hunter meets the witch Leda. Hunter can communicate with animals and Leda has a sanctuary for them on an island off the coast of Mexico. They don't stay long getting to know each other, but soon rush off to join the others in Seattle and engage in the final battle with the Demon and rescue the fifth Immortal Tain.
While the climax pays off huge, which is of course entirely expected, the rest of the book seems very hurried. Obvious...more
Martina the Book Fairy
This is another PNR series that has a UF-style series plot. It revolves around five immortals (sons of various world-religion goddesses) who are sworn to come to the world's aid during times of terrible strife. The balance of the world has shifted too far towards the evil side, so a coven of white witches call for the aid of the immortals.

This book is primarily about the immortal brother, Hunter, and the witch he meets, Leda. Though, it's also a pivotal book in the series plot because, as the ti...more
Erin (Paperback Stash)
The fourth book in the series, written by Jennifer Ashley (Book 2 and 3 were written by other authors), explores the life of Hunter, a more fun type of Immortal. The fourth book in the series, written by Jennifer Ashley (Book 2 and 3 were written by other authors), explores the life of Hunter, a more fun type of Immortal. Still hurt by the tragic death of his wife and children some 900 years back, Hunter eagerly beds women he lusts for, spending time with them without emotion. From day one it's...more
Diana
The last of the Immortal warriors, Hunter has tried to escape the murders of his wife and children by living life on the wild side. When he's Called to Leda's remote island unexpectedly, he immediately feels a connection with her. But their tenuous relationship must survive through the final battle to reclaim Tain and overcome the powerful demon who has been attacking the Immortals for years.

A satisfying ending to an enthralling series. This one is a lot darker, full of more pain and suffering....more
Hope
Another great read! I'm so happy my friend Holly shared this series with me! I have certainly enjoyed every book so far.
I'm excited and intrigued as to how the others books in the series fit into the story. I can't wait to start the next!
XXOO
~Hope
Hope
XXOO
~Hope
Peggy Bechko
Read it - enjoyed it. A quick, fun read. A smattering of intimate scenes for those who enjoy them. Lots of adventure and some humor. Excellent summer read.
Katherine
Love this series!! All 3 authors are wonderful! I hope this series continues for awhile. Finished this book yesterday and finished #5 today..love them, hard to put down..
Michele bookloverforever
Hunter, son of Kali meets Led a, a witch tainted by death magic. love and mayhem follows as he joins his brothers to free the youngest, Tain...trapped by an evil demon in a living he'll for 700 years. good story.ends happily for the heroes.
Mindy
I enjoyed this book best in the series so far for one main reason: the pet lion. Hunter is a pretty nice guy, seemlingly the least domineering of the Immortals, and Leda is a good woman; together they make a good team. I liked that this book focused less on the two lovers alone and more on the four couples as a whole - it made the story seem more believable because of the urgency. The conclusion to the the overarching plot-line of the first four books was mostly satisfying.

My only wtf moment was...more
Laurna Croan
This was by far my favorite book so far…Hunter was a breath of fresh air…can't wait to read Tain's book
Jay
Another winner from Jennifer Ashley! Can't say enough how much I love this author!
Teresa Spooner
The 5 immortals finally meet, much better book than the previous one
Natina El
Although its nice to have a little sexual tension in paranormal romance.. it was equally nice to not have to worry about it. Its a little nerve racking to read other books where witches are prudish.. I mean come on .. their witches.. Anyway its obvious that there is no mistake that each of the warriors fell in love with a witch from each element and the plot thickens in a way that doesn't go against all logic. I couldn't put the book down good thing I checked out all seven at the same time..
Meaghan
average plotline, LOTS of characters (maybe if i had read the others in the series i wouldnt have felt quite so overwhelmed)
Anna
My fave so far. I loved Hunter and really liked Leda, their story was really sweet and their personalities were also likeable...the pet lion was also a highlight! I enjoyed how all the characters interacted and the previous stories wove together for the climax of saving Tain. Looking forward to his and Mac's book.
Jennifer Ashley
Book 4 of the Immortals. A new e-book edition will release January 20, 2014. Trade paperback to follow. The re-release is revised and edited. The story has not changed, but hopefully will be a more smoothly written read. The Calling; The Gathering; and the Redeeming will be released simultaneously.
Dawn
ok. . .I think i like this immortal the best. He had me laughing through the story.great conclusion to the story. Not sure where they are taking them in the next book in the series. It could happily end here and be a good ending to the series. :-)
Demodesrev
The writing in this book felt weak and the characters rushed and under-developed. Actually, the whole thing felt very rushed. But, I'm glad I didn't let this deter me from reading another book by Ashley, Pride Mates, that I ended up loving.
Marty Rayne
Great book! It was filled with so much action and it had me unable to put it down as the Immortal brothers come together to save their youngest brother. HAD to find out how they did it! Already started the next book. :)
Hbeebti
This was my favorite so far. But maybe with Tains book that will change. Lots of action and Hunter is a sweetie. I think he is my fave so far. Leda made a great match for Hunter and I enjoyed how it ended.
Crystal
It's hard not to like Hunter - he's fun-loving, talks to animals, and then there's the lion he befriends who accidentally gets human form. Oops. Heroine was likable too.
Diane
Dec 26, 2011 Diane marked it as couldn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
I can't be bothered. The opening of book 3 made it laughably unreadable and because I don't quite know what's going on now, I can't continue the series.
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Leda Stowe bring a little something to her immortal, Hunter, than he may be ready to handle. This proves to be an interesting ride for both of them.
book model 1 10 Jun 27, 2011 10:42AM
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • The Dragon Master (Dragon, #3)
  • Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5)
  • Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3)
  • Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)
  • Night's Touch (Children of The Night, #2)
  • Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2)
  • Wild Hunt (Unbound #3)
  • Night Bites (Mackenzie Vampires, #2)
  • Red Mortal (Gods of Midnight, #4)
  • Shards of Crimson (Crimson City, #7)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley has lived and traveled all over the world, and now lives in the Southwest. She writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at http://www.jennifersromances.com, http://www.allysonjames.co...more
More about Jennifer Ashley...
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2) The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (Highland Pleasures, #3) Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)