The Tide Knot (Ingo, #2)

The Tide Knot (Ingo #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  3,066 ratings  ·  193 reviews

In a seaside town of sandy beaches and ocean breezes, Sapphy has never felt so far from the sea. The crowded shore at St. Pirans is nothing like the cove at Sapphy's old home, where she first found her way into the underwater world of Ingo.

But Ingo's pull is strong, and it always finds a way. Soon Sapphy and her brother, Conor, are swimming beneath the waves again, rid

Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2006)

Heather
Jun 04, 2008 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Susan
Recommended to Heather by: Sian
This is the Sequal of the brilliant series, ingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't read it READ IT OR GET IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colleen
Wow, well I'm in a bit of a predicament now. I didn't like Ingo very much, did I? But guess what - I saw this book in a charity shop for £1.25 and took the plunge.
And now I have to hold up my hands and say damn am I glad I did.
It wasn't the best book in the world, I'll admit, but Sapphy really grew up in this. She was still stupid and whiny at times, but definitely less than in the first book and more independant, not relying too much on having Connor around or becoming jealous.
The reason I have...more
Dark-Draco
The second book in the series - Sepphy and Conner try hard to forget their adventures in Ingo, but for Sepphy, whose Mer blood is so strong, it isn't easy. Living in town instead of by their cove, she spends more time moping around by the shore than normal. But when her father appears, trying to warn her of a terrible event, she has to return under the sea to rescue him. Instead, she finds out about the Tide Knot, a mystical entity that keeps the tides from covering too much land. When the knot...more
Tatiana
The second installment of the Ingo series begins with Sapphire refusing to adapt to her new home. While Conor has given up on Ingo and embraced his Air side, Sapphire still goes to Ingo to visit with Faro. One thing leads to another (terribly detailed, I know) and Sapphire gets to see her dad, who everyone but her and Conor believed to have drowned more than a year before our story starts. Seeing her dad leads Sapphire and Conor to go to Ingo with the purpose of trying to bring him back. However...more
Hayley
I love this series. Unabashedly. It’s simple and lovely. I think it’s ideal for pre-teens, especially if their parents are going through a divorce or they are part of a blended family. To me Sapphy is such a real character, even when she annoyed me, her actions and reactions always rang true. I was as devastated as Sapphy and Conor when I found out the truth about their father.

The pull of Ingo was as enchanting and dangerous as it was in the first book. In Tide Knot the stakes are raised from th...more
Dee Dodgson
Set on the rugged Cornish coast, Sapphire and her brother Conor's father went missing at sea some eighteen months previously (in book one-Ingo). Now they have moved into a new cottage in a different village with their mother and her new boyfriend.
Sapphire isn't happy, but her brother's making the best of it with new friends and goes out surfing most days.
The year before they had both had an unusual, mysterious adventure (after their father had disappeared) deep below the waves where they'd disco...more
Katie
The pull (and story) of Ingo is growing stonger...literally. The characters Sapphire & Conor are growing up and becoming more independant, spending more time away from home and less in Ingo, but the sea cannot be ignored that easily, especially for Sapphire. They have moved further inland, due to thier mother's paranoia and urge to start over with Roger, her new love-intrest since the kid's dad disappeared. Sapphire is given new responsibilities with her dog Sadie who follows her everywhere...more
Leah
Jul 10, 2013 Leah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy Readers
Recommended to Leah by: I liked the front cover
I thought that this one was going to be amazing after just a few chapters, and it went really great until it started to become flawed with the whole seeing gift Connor had and the story-line not linking to their previous adventure.

I'll admit it was good, the writing style had improved and the whole call to the ocean is amazing. I liked the idea of her finding her dad and him speaking to her, but she never sees him again which is bizarre to me, and she doesn't really try to find him again. I'm su...more
Sharin Yofitasari
I have no idea why I loved the first book (Ingo) a lot. Maybe because when I read the first book, I was way younger. Or maybe the first book is actually way better than this second one. I havent read the first book for years.

This could be a great book for children, but not for young adult at all. The story is way too dreamy, it's boring. And I don't know why...but Dunmore's writing doesn't make myself believe in her words. I mean, some parts are interesting, but most parts are boring :S And the...more
Kirsty
'The Tide Knot' continues on from 'Ingo', with Sapphire and Conor now living with their mum in St. Pirans. I found this book to be much more satisfying than the previous book, with more underwater adventures and a real sense that the Mer consist of more than just Faro and Elvira. That said, much of the book still takes place on land. I found Sapphire to be as annoying as in the first book, with far too much whinging. Faro, too, is still rather unlikeable and I find it hard to understand why Sapp...more
Charlotte Roeber
The Tide knot return to ingo
This a fun adventur about a grill torn between the beauty of the sae and her live above the sea.
sapphy half mer so hes is dron to the sea.Sappy on a qust to save her dad how every one thout was dead find out her dad left them for his new faimly under the sea.She ends up saveing everone from the fears tide that have brockin free from ther knots.With the help or her brother and her mer freds they lock the tides back up not be for it flood there home both above the sea...more
Dilla Nanditya
Jika kematian Cal serta Ali terasa seolah merenggut jantungku keluar, diinjak-injak, kemudian dikembalikan dalam keadaan hancur lebam, maka The Tide Knot membuatku serasa ditusuk oleh bilah pedang tajam dan dingin tepat di jantungku yang setelah beberapa saat rasa sakitnya berubah tumpul hingga tak terasa. Tapi tetap saja kau tahu luka itu ada, kau tahu lubang itu ada di sana.

Tidak ada yang nyawanya terenggut dalam buku kedua Ingo ini, kecuali mungkin kucing malang yang terseret banjir itu. Tapi...more
Sian
Jun 20, 2008 Sian rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Helen Dunmore fans
Recommended to Sian by: no one
Larajoline
Meeeh, that's how I feel about the sequel. Honestly, this book was just too boring for my taste and there wasn't much new.
Saphire is still stupid and whiny, though to be fair at points she does grow up a bit, yet, the situation is still the same. She sneaks out to go to Ingo, hides it from her mother, whines about how torn she is and at times Conor appears though he isn't much of a force in this story either.
I waited for some huge inpact, something to truly change the story and even though at t...more
Amphy
Better than Ingo- I loved how you got to look deeper into Ingo. After reading this, I'm starting to wonder what else is lurking in Ingo...I like the cover for this book better, too; for me, looking at the cover of a book is half the fun; the other 99% is reading it ;).
Elizabeth Mueller
Whoa... 2nd in the series--great turn on where the missing dad ended up.

Dunmore managed to keep the thrill of the unknown in this book. The world of mer is colorfully depicted with her creative mind.

I loved it!
Alissa Bach
I liked this one better than the first book in the series (Ingo)...although I still don't know what Sapphy sees in Faro (his character seems stuck up and one dimentional to me). A fun adventure story :)
Amy Louise
Really enjoy this :) Couldn't put it down! Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Janine Ekstrand
This is a brilliant sequel that gave this a series a good and exiting turn of event.

I was wondering about Sapphire's mixed blood and what that could do, and other stuff like that.

I think that this is a good book even if it is a childs' book, (view spoiler)...more
Colleen
I've given this a three but honestly, I can't remember what rating I would have given. I'm sure I already wrote a review for this book and a few others that have come up unrated.
I enjoyed the rest of this series though, though the lead character was often annoying, so hopefully my score for this one is adequet and fair.

EDIT:

Ok, I have reviewed it but for some reason it isn't showing up so I'll paste what I wrote here:

Jaren
Crystal
Magical. It's really the best word to describe these series. Not in a Dungeons and Dragons fantasy novel kind of way, but in the magic of childhood. The same sort of magic that transported the kids through an old wardrobe into Narnia. This book doesn't have much in the way of magic, persay. But the world Dunmore creates IS magical. Consistent. Beautiful. Enticing. Menacing. So many feelings all at once. It is easy to love Faro...and yet just as easy to doubt him, to be suspicious of him. I like...more
Marchel
Buku kedua dari serial Ingo.

Oke, setelah membaca dengan lambat di buku 1, buku ke 2 diawali dengan semangat.

Tahukah kamu mengapa ombak selalu mundur setelah menghantam pantai? Mundur, bukan terus maju hingga melesak ke daratan?

Okay, memang ada tsunami, kejadian ombak yang menghantam daratan dan terus masuk jauh ke darat. Tapi itu kan bukan kejadian alami.

Well, itulah inti cerita ini.

Dah ah, takut spoiler berat kalau diteruskan.

Alur cerita lebih cepat dari buku 1.
Mish
The story in the second book was pretty good, and a tiny bit fast paced at the end, but not as much as other books that I've previously read. The danger is kind of there, but I don't think it's as dangerous and dark as the reviews claim. Sapphy is still a bit wingy, but she has changed a bit since the first book.

This is probably because it's supposed to be part of five books, but I don't feel like the story has progressed as much. Yeh there are some changes, but it left me lacking some satisfact...more
Mia
this book left me hanging and has given me a reason to continue reading this series. although it dose take a while to get into the book it is worth the long wait. I think that Helen Dunmore gave away the plot to early and did not put it into action soon enough this left me waiting for what I knew was coming.
Dawn
Danielle
Apr 11, 2008 Danielle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens and Fantasy Lovers
Recommended to Danielle by: myself
Shelves: fantasy
I found this in AZ a week ago and was really happy because I had waited so long for it; unfortunately then I realized I barely remembered the plot! So, I had to wait until I got back home and reread Ingo so I could actually understand and enjoy The Tide Knot. I reread and read them both today and remembered why I was so excited for The Tide Knot! It's such an amazing book! I was very happy that a lot of the lingering questions were answered and that we were introduced to new (and old) characters...more
The Styling Librarian
The Tide Knot by Helen Dunmore – Fantasy, 5th grade and up – from UK – enjoyed returning to this world, interesting new characters, more complications and angst… didn’t find the conclusion as strong as the first book but probably will pick up the third book soon enough!
Angelyn
The reason why this is getting five stars from me is because it really was amazing, which is the five-star requirement. I was a little too close-minded in the beginning, which is a pity and accounts for the fact that I didn't like everything in it; but once the story started driving itself home to me, though, "really liked it" - four-star requirement - just didn't cut it either.

I guess there are parts of this book that go beyond the need to be liked. That's where they become amazing - and not s...more
Allison
  • May (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Waking Storms (Lost Voices, #2)
  • The Secret of the Emerald Sea
  • Selina Penaluna
  • Seven Tears Into the Sea
  • My Sister Sif
  • Fins
  • Siren's Surrender (Dark Tides, #2)
  • The Forbidden Sea
  • Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4)
  • Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (Real Mermaids, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Mirror
  • Mermaid Park
  • The Moon and the Tide (Marina's Tales, #2)
  • In Great Waters
  • Teenage Mermaid
  • Ascension (Water, #1)
  • Merrow
I was born in December 1952, in Yorkshire, the second of four children. My father was the eldest of twelve, and this extended family has no doubt had a strong influence on my life, as have my own children. In a large family you hear a great many stories. You also come to understand very early that stories hold quite different meanings for different listeners, and can be recast from many viewpoints...more
More about Helen Dunmore...
Ingo (Ingo, #1) The Deep (Ingo, #3) The Crossing of Ingo (Ingo, #4) The Siege The Greatcoat