Start by marking “Church People: The Lutherans of Lake Wobegon” as Want to Read:
Church People: The Lutherans of Lake Wobegon
Preview

Church People: The Lutherans of Lake Wobegon

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Skits, songs, stories, and more from A Prairie Home Companion reveal the secret world of a stalwart people.

When you fly Lutheran Air, there’s no first class, meals are potluck with assignments by rows (rows 1-6, bring rolls; rows, 7-15, salad), all fares are by freewill offering, and the plane doesn’t land until the budget is met.

Welcome to the Land of Lutherans, where pe
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published September 2nd 2009 by HighBridge Company (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Church People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Church People

Barbara
I love Garrison Keillor. I prefer to listen to his books rather than read them as he is a great story teller. I love his "down home" philosophy and identify with his stories as I am a midwesterner and Lutheran to boot. I think he portrays the people of this region faithfully and
spot on.
Mayda
For a lighthearted look at religious life as well as other topics, look no further than this edition of Prairie Home Companion. Garrison Keillor treats us to song and story as he explains “Lutheranism” including such topics as the Lutheran Tour vacations (you don’t want to enjoy them too much) to what makes a potato salad “Lutheran.” Filled with good humor, this entertaining collection should not be missed. You don’t need to be Lutheran to appreciate this compilation of humorous songs and skits.
Joy
I listened to this on CD, so it was like listening to 'Prairie Home Companion.' The segments of the book were taken from the show. There was even some music. Church people are a lot alike -- in Minnesota,
Texas, and Florida. It's always fun to hear Keillor's warm, but honest, perspective.
Jessica
This was rather enjoyable and my first experience with Prairie Home Companion. It's also quite short with makes it a fun road trip listen.
Ratforce
Keillor’s voice has been entertaining audiences for decades. This new collection of humorous essays was nominated for the Audie Award in 2010
Ellie
Loved it! Garrison Keillor at his best. I am so booking a vacation with the Lutheran Travel Agency.
Pam
Perfect fun listen while driving. A lil music, funny stories, so enjoyable.
Rhonda Godbold
It was funny! Audio version of course.
Bonnie
I always enjoy Garrison's stories.
Gisela
Gisela added it
Apr 12, 2015
Joe Foltz
Joe Foltz marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Diana Poole
Diana Poole marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Bender
Bender marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
2014
Garrison Keillor (born Gary Edward Keillor on August 7, 1942 in Anoka, Minnesota) is an American author, storyteller, humorist, columnist, musician, satirist, and radio personality. He is known as host of the Minnesota Public Radio show "A Prairie Home Companion".

Keillor was born in Anoka, Minnesota, the son of Grace Ruth (née Denham) and John Philip Keillor, who was a carpenter and postal worker.
More about Garrison Keillor...
Good Poems Lake Wobegon Days Good Poems for Hard Times Pontoon: A Novel of Lake Wobegon Leaving Home