Start by marking “Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress, #3)” as Want to Read:
Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress, #3)

Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress #3)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  4,733 ratings  ·  178 reviews

Mishka Le'Ace was created to be an undercover operative...literally. Her beautiful body has been mechanically augmented to give her superhuman strength -- strength she's going to need. Her latest mission sends her to rescue Alien Investigation and Removal agent Jaxon Tremain from torture and death. With him, she discovers a passion un

Published August 18th 2009 by Pocket Star (first published December 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Savor Me Slowly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savor Me Slowly

~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Okay.. Where do I begin... This book was very deep. The dynamic between Jaxon and Mishka was beyond awesome. Again all the characters I loved and Hated equally, but that's good! Even though I understood Mia's motivation, there were times when even she should not have been allowed to do what she was doing. Action was great, Hilarious, and oh so sexy!! The villians I even loved to hate.

It takes a strong soul, man or woman to not only be real & honest with themselves, but to do the same for the
This is a reread for me. I read it for the first time years ago, and it was the book that introduced me to Gena Showalter. My original grade for it was 5 Stars but it seems like my tastes have changed a little over the years because this time around I have to give it 4 Stars.

If you're reading this series in order and are about to start this one, you should know that this book is written in third person. The first two books, Awaken Me Darkly and Enslave Me Sweetly, were written in first person a
Although this is the third book in Showalter's Alien Huntress series, it was the first I've read thanks to one of my book sharing bud's. Now I'm going to have to go back and read the first two because I enjoyed this one!

SMS is a passionate, you're-the-one-for-me type of love story, with steamy enough sex to satisfy even me! It's also a fun futuristic paranormal too boot. What sets this series apart from some of the other paranormal romances out there is the fact that the protags and baddies are
I like this series but I'm just NOT crazy about it. I'm not even sure if I would recommend it. I mean, it's good, I'm having a nice time reading it but it's definitely not one of those reads you'll treasure and try to remember forever.

This book IMHO wasn't as good as the last one. I just never clicked with the two main characters, I was way more interested in other things that were going on. It was a nice read though, I do like the Aliens theme and the not-knowing-what-will-happen-next feeling
I thoroughly enjoyed this the first time I read it. I remember liking it a lot, though I don't remember much of what happened.

But trying to reread it now is just not happening. I've been desperately skimming and skipping because I'm just so fucking bored with it. So I wonder if maybe my tastes have changed. Or maybe I'm just not in the mood. I dunno. I'm not changing my rating, either way.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
The 3rd book in the Alien Huntress series, but its actually the first one written with a third person POV. I enjoyed this aspect of the book. I can say I would've love to see Lucius thoughts in the previous book. So job well done with this one!

We meet Mishka, who is sort of an assassin. She's really not human, not completely. She was created in a lab and has parts that are robot. I loved the voice in her head that was a bit of a computer processor. 5% chance of this, 90% chance of success at tha
This has to be my favorite so far. Loved Jaxon's story. There was so much that I loved I am not sure where to begin. Can I just say that Mia was in there and she was a major bitch. I mean seriously! Then there was Dallas that was being protective of his friend but was a jerk. UGH!! I wanted the smack them. Le'Ace was wonderful and perfect for Jaxon. My heart went out to her after all that she went thru.This book had me anxious to find out what was going to happen next! The ending was so sweet an ...more
This was good, but I really wasn't all the way on board with the Heroine. Especially when she had issues with Mia and vice versa. But the story to me, didn't get concluded. We should have seen the queen arrive and dealt with. She should have been key to solving the problem. Nolan could have survived. We also should have seen the shock in Estep eyes, when he realizes he can no longer control Mischa. I absolutely love that Devyn and the AIR team are more involved.
Ever since I bumped into the cover of the 6th book in this series, I've been tempted by its hotness. It's shallow, and normally I'm totally not the judge a book by its cover type, but seriously, that is one hot damn cover.

Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6) by Gena Showalter

But most of my friends don't like Showalter, and I tried her other series once, and it totally didn't work for me, so I didn't really want to read it. But that cover was so delicious...

So yeah, in the end my inner horny teen totally won out, and I decided I should try
When I start reading the book I thought I might gonna really like it, because I liked Jaxon before and still like him throughout the book and I thought L'Ace would be a interesting character, but throughout the story I didn't really was fond of her. I thought she had great potential, but she didn't meet my expectations. It reminded be a bit of Terminator: Salvation and Marcus - human/machine - and the movie made me feel for him, but the book didn't make me feel for L'Ace. She didn't like her sit ...more
This is the third book in the Alien Huntress series, and the fourth I have read. I started with the fourth (which should really be the fifth), then went back and did the first three. Four was great, one and two had a lot of potential, but the first person POV was a bit of a turn off. Not getting to know those totally Alpha macho men was such a waste. But in Savor Me Slowly, Gena Showalter goes to the third person narrative, and it pays off.

Mishka Le'Ace is human. Sort of. Created from mixed DNA
Even through the pain and bruises of a brutal beating Jaxon Tremain is attracted to Mishka Le’Ace who neither is certain if she is there to kiss or kill him until the very last moment. But he isn’t alone in this attraction and Mishka is definitely “feeling human” about him as well. Her latest assignment: to rescue the kidnapped AIR agent from his particularly brutal aliens captors; find out if he has given them any information; and get Jaxon to pass that same information onto her. Every relation ...more
This is the third book in the Alien Huntress series and I really did not like it all that much. Compared with the previous two books this one definitely fell solidly into the romance category; way too much page space was given to the main characters needing each other, owning each other, and forgetting what they were doing because they weren't together.

In this book Mishka rescues Jaxon (he appeared as Mia Snow's co-worker in the first Alien Huntress novel) from torture by Otherworlders. Mishka i
Laura the Highland Hussy
Okay, so I wasn't sure what I was in for with this one, and it was so freakin' good that I put the kids to bed early to read it! I could NOT put it down!
Mishka was created in a lab to be the ultimate weapon/soldier/assasain. But no one counted on the fact that while she may have been created, she was still a person. She is ordered to obtain captured A.I.R. agent Jaxon and if he hasn't spilled his secrets to the deleseans, to get him to trust Mishka and spill to any means necessary. And
Vanessa theJeepDiva
WOW, best in the series so far. The couples from the first two books were back and had major roles in this book. I love it when characters still continue to have roles in later books in a series. This book is nonstop & keeps you guessing the entire time. We know from book one the Mia has premonitions on account of her Arcadian half. We know that Dallas is alive only because he has taken in a large amount of Arcadian blood. Well he sees Jaxon dying in one of his premonitions. Jaxon’s friends ...more
This is one of my favorite authors! Usually her books make me laugh--a lot. I really liked her "Playing with Fire" and "Nymph King." She has a great sense of humor.

It has been so long since I read the two preceding Alien Huntress books--I vaguely remembered them; therefore, I'm going out on a limb here in saying this could be read without reading the other two and you should still enjoy it. I remembered abit about Mia Snow and I remembered the golden skin alien was being hunted for her skin and
Pat aka Tygyr
Jaxon Tremain, an A.I.R. agent, is captured and tortured. But he refuses to tell anything. Le'Ace is called in to use her skills on him. She spirits him away. She finds she can't make herself kill him or torture him. Instead she falls in love with him. What's an assassin to do when she cannot do her job? The Shor (alien race) are on earth and infecting and killing humans. When Le'Ace's boss and Jaxon's both want info on the Shon and they are approached by one named Nolan, they decide to work tog ...more
Savor Me Slowly is book #3 of the Alien Huntress series but the first one I picked up. After reading this one I am very interested to start the series at the beginning get the entire background to what led up to this novel. The simplest way to describe this novel is to think; MIB meets Anita Blake and their love child is the killer cyborg Mishka (Le'Ace) of Savor Me Slowly.
The novel begins with Jaxon Tremain hanging from a rack, having been tortured for days by an alien race intent on gatherin
Bye bye 1st person POV, bye bye present, and welcome back having each character's POV when needed. That's a great improvement IMO. I had trouble connecting with the heroine (too cold and whining at the same time) even though I sympathize with her. The hero is OK, but I don't understand the instant intense attraction he feels for her. I felt the plot with the alien virus was not really resolved in the end, and Mia (heroine of the 1st book), got on my nerves as much as in her book.
I liked the idea of the book but I didn't like how it was executed. With h Le'Ace being half machine and all, it could have taken many directions but it was so generic. Same goes with H. For a scarred hero, his backstory was so poor. Other than that it was an ok read.
(view spoiler)

The book wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. I have heard such positive things about Gena Showalter's books and the premise to this book sounded interesting.

Over halfway through the book, I kept finding reasons to put it down and do other things. I wasn't engaged with the characters and was getting increasingly more bored with the storyline. So I quit reading it.

It is now in the "Donate to Goodwill" pile of other less-than-great books.
Mishka Le'Ace is part human, part machine. She was created in a lab by men who have used her, punished her and upgraded her, her entire life. There were no hugs, no care and no asking what she wanted. She was treated worse than the most abused dog. Her latest job is to rescue and interrogate A.I.R. agent Jaxon Tremain. When the two meet fireworks explode for both of them. While they both are assigned the same case, Jaxon by A.I.R, Mishka by the ruthless man who punishes her for his own pleasure, ...more
I am enjoying the Alien Huntress books. This is about Mishka Le'Ace who is a killer with a secret she hasn't told anyone. She meets Jaxon Tremain and starts to feel differently toward him. She's saved him from torture and possibly death. In taking care of him she feels herself softening towards him and is fighting it all the way.

It has a good story with a lot of action.
This isn't love, it's obsession.

I've read her other series, and I'm sad to say that this one (so far) is just lacking. Formulaic and shallow as most of the genre, but somehow this offering is even less. It's like she's not even trying...
I could not finish this. I tried to read more but this novel failed my expectations. This is my second book from Gena Showalter and for the same reason I did not finish this was because of unlikable characters.

Mishka has a machine arm (oooohhh, scary)and has a troubling past. She's scarred but I do not feel, even just a tiny drip of sympathy towards her. I should be crying a river for a poor girl like her, sadly, I wasn't.

The story was romance then layered with science fiction, it just didn't do
I was worried about this series, but after reading #5 I went back and started at #2. (I don't like Mia and didn't care about her book. Ha!) This series is exciting and racy. Gena can do no wrong!
Mishka is a cyborg operative that is forced to follow her master's commands or suffer pain. But she risks it all for Jaxon, an AIR operative that is honest to the core with his agency's secrets, and the case that he is currently handling. Mia and other operatives hate Mishka for her past actions, but we have been given a glimpse on what she really is.

The tension in the story is palpable, and I like that the story flow surprises me at every turn. Along with the hot scenes between Jaxon and Mishk
I love this series, but the story just seemed like an excuse to put the romance around, which is fine but I didn't like either of the characters.
This is my third Showalter book, and if you checked out the other reviews, you know I had to comment on the nonsensical covers. Well, folks, this one at least makes sense. And I like the art. While I would prefer some of the alien tech, the weapons, the deadly femme fatale-ness to show on the cover, this is still clearly Mishka. Plus, I like tattoos. So kudos to the publisher for putting some thought into the cover instead of giving us another random female in a random teddy.

OK, on to the goodne
  • Deep Kiss Of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5)
  • Princess of the Damned
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • Born of Fire (The League, #2)
  • The Darkness Beyond (Paladins of Darkness, #8)
  • Rejar (Matrix of Destiny, #2)
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Mona Lisa Eclipsing  (Monère: Children of the Moon, #5)
  • Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars, #2)
  • Seduce Me in Dreams (A Three Worlds Novel, #1)
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • Possess Me at Midnight (Doomsday Brethren, #3)
  • Parallel Desire (Midnight Warriors, #4)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Alien Huntress (6 books)
  • Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1)
  • Enslave Me Sweetly (Alien Huntress, #2)
  • Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress, #4)
  • Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress, #5)
  • Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6)
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)