Start by marking “Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle” as Want to Read:
Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle

Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Readers across the country have been touched and
Published October 1st 2009 by Shadow Mountain (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle

This beautiful story makes your heart swell as you witness the love of a child and see how very selfless they are. I look at my children daily and find reasons to criticize in an effort to 'make them into good adults' - when really I should look back in awe and wonder at God's gift to me. I am loved and am grateful to be reminded of that daily.
Won on First Reads...can't wait to read it and add it to my children's book collection!

ETA - I read through this story the other day and found it to be so sweet! I love a good Christmas story, and that's exactly what this is. I can't wait to gift copies to some of the children in my life. It really says something about the power of a community, the magic of Christmas, and the sweetness of a little girl who wants to do good in her life.

I have to say also that the illustrations are amazing, and th
I have read the author's Christmas Jar book and really enjoyed it. This is a story of little Penny who gets to choose how to use the Christmas Jar money and oroginally wanting to hold a party, decides to help a cute grandpa she is friends with. Very touching story of how a little girl can make a difference.
Read this last night with daughter number 1. She loved it, I loved it, had a great time bonding and sharing this cute little story. Made me ask myself how much of my life I am willing to give to others.
A wonderful children's story based on Jason F. Wright's book "Christmas Jars." This is a Christmas favorite in our home!
Beautiful story of the true meaning of the Christmas season. Will be a treasured family heirloom for many decades to come.
I love the whole idea of the Christmas jar. In this story Penny is remarkably sensitive and thoughtful.
Good story, brilliant artwork. I expect this will become a Christmas favorite for many.
Jan 15, 2015 Allyson rated it 3 of 5 stars
Sweet children's story about the Christmas the illustrations.
Beautiful story and artwork based on the Christmas Jars book!
Larita Barfuss
We read this one to the kids on Christmas eve in there bed.
Nov 22, 2009 Cody marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on First-Reads
Feb 20, 2010 Bookaholic marked it as to-read
Really touching story. I loved it.
Pretty good book, great message.
Ramona McConkie
Sweet story my kids loved.
Margo Kelly
A delightful Christmas story.
A new favorite.
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Michelle Perkins
Michelle Perkins marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Rachel Rosen
Rachel Rosen marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Kristin Zueger
Kristin Zueger marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Craig Martin
Craig Martin marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Patty marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Marianne Jay
Marianne Jay marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
  • The Christmas Candle
  • A Stranger for Christmas
  • Mortimer's Christmas Manger
  • An Orange for Frankie
  • The Amazing Christmas Extravaganza (Bookshelf)
  • Snowmen at Work
  • A Christ-Centered Christmas: Seven Traditions to Lead Us Closer to the Savior
  • I Hate It When Exercise Is the Answer: A Fitness Program for the Soul
  • The Christmas Sweater: A Picture Book
  • The Biggest Snowman Ever
  • Room for a Little One: A Christmas Tale
  • Santa Maybe
  • The Gingerbread Pirates
Jason Wright is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author.

Jason is a weekly columnist for the Deseret News and Northern Virginia Daily and articles by Jason have appeared in over 50 newspapers and magazines across the United States including The Washington Times, The Chicago Tribune, and Forbes. He is the author of The James Miracle (2004); Christmas Jars (2005); The W
More about Jason F. Wright...