Start by marking “Tilly Trotter Widowed (Tilly Trotter Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tilly Trotter Widowed (Tilly Trotter Trilogy, #3)

Tilly Trotter Widowed (The Tiller Trotter Trilogy #3)

Original Title: Tilly Alone

'How many times can we love?' The question haunted beautiful Tilly Trotter, bereft after the murder of her beloved husband Matthew by warring Comanches. Summoning her courage, she fled America for the familiar English countryside. Tilly was Lady of the Manor now, richer than she had ever dreamed possible.

Yet it was love for her children, delicat
Hardcover, Large Print, 544 pages
Published February 1st 1983 by Ulverscroft (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Tilly Trotter Widowed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tilly Trotter Widowed

Angela
Oct 15, 2016 Angela rated it really liked it
"Tilly Trotter lesepõlves" eesti keeles
An Odd1
Dec 28, 2013 An Odd1 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
In days of horse and buggy, servant class when educated can mix with betters. "Under the façade she knew who she was, and always would remain so, she was simply Tilly Trotter" the same young girl p 36. Matilda Sopwith, slim white-haired 35, returns as owner of coal-mine estate with nearly blind Willy, son by Mark, Mexican Josefina, tiny for 4, not "flyblow" of late husband Matthew (Mark's son). The past still holds strong: loved by mine manager Steve McGrath, hated by farmer Simon Brentwood, eve ...more
Jul 12, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all Catherine Cookson's fans
This is the third volume of the Tilly Trotter's tetralogy.

Tilly's saga continues, when she returns back home after her stay in Texas with her late husband Matthew. She brings back her son Willy and her adopted Mexican daughter Josefina.

Old loves and enmities are still coming up as part of Tilly's faith.

Page 82:
Last night she had lain for hour pondering on her life that could be said to be uneventful looked at from the outside, but which underneath the surface had been filled wit tragedy since s
Tara Chevrestt
The final novel in the Tilly Trotter trilogy had me on the edge of my seat. It opens with Tilly and her son, Willy and her adopted daughter returning to England where a bunch of rude, judgemental villagers await her. After arriving home and settling back into her late husband's estate, Tilly shows amazing bravery and brazenly faces the villagers down right after church one Sunday. Having been accused of being a witch in the previous novels, Tilly uses the villagers own superstitions against them ...more
Nesha
Dec 14, 2016 Nesha rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, period-dramas
im happy to finally finish the entire tilly trotter series. all that comes to mind when i think of this series is thank god my love life isnt as crazy as hers lol. This 3rd part of the tilly trotter is as eventful and dramatic as the first and second. i had lost interest around the second book, but it all came back after reading this one.
Katie Q
Jul 29, 2011 Katie Q rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well thank goodness I have finished the Tilly Trotter trilogy. Whilst I really loved the trilogy it was incredibly sad and not really entertaining. I saw only sadness for the majority of the time. A grim world that only could be in such an era.

Some parts of Catherine Cookson's writing style within this series drove me a little nuts but maybe it was more reflective of the period for which it was written.

Lili
I read all of Catherine Cookson's books some years ago and enjoyed them immensley. I recently re-read all of them and find that on a second look I found them all so very predictable, and was rather disappointed. However I'm sure that it is my tastes that have changed not the calibre of her story telling.
Lili
May 18, 2012 Lili rated it liked it
Jessica Elerick
Jan 10, 2015 Jessica Elerick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She finally gets her man.

More tragedy than one person should have, Tully Trotter finally finds the genuine happiness that has eluded her for years.
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2010
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2011
Kay V
Kay V rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Tramac1964
Tramac1964 rated it it was ok
Jun 13, 2014
Jillian Mcclelland
Jillian Mcclelland rated it really liked it
May 26, 2013
Heather Allen
Heather Allen rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2011
Ladyjane Moran
Ladyjane Moran rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Jayne
Jayne rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2010
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2009
Linda HB
Linda HB rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Sonja
Sonja rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Rosaleen Kelly
Rosaleen Kelly rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Laura jones
Laura jones rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2012
aisling Mcateer
aisling Mcateer rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Jenni Evans
Jenni Evans rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Kathy Jones
Kathy Jones rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Den
Den rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2011
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2009
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2013
  • Somewhere, Someday
  • Outcast
  • The Dark Rose (The Morland Dynasty, #2)
  • What Happened to the Corbetts
  • Midnight Confessions
  • The Lonely Furrow (Suffolk, #3)
  • Joy Street
  • Making Hay (Honeycote, #2)
  • Dynasty Of Death (Barbours/Bouchards, #1)
  • The Green Witch Herbal: Restoring Nature's Magic in Home, Health, and Beauty Care
  • Sepp Holzer: The Rebel Farmer
  • Zvejnieka dēls
  • This Time of Dying
  • The Secret of Family Happiness
  • True Women
  • The Wild Island (Jemima Shore, #2)
Catherine Cookson was born in Tyne Dock, the illegitimate daughter of a poverty-stricken woman, Kate, who Catherine believed was her older sister. Catherine began work in service but eventually moved south to Hastings, where she met and married Tom Cookson, a local grammar-school master.

Although she was originally acclaimed as a regional writer - her novel The Round Tower won the Winifred Holtby
More about Catherine Cookson...

The Tiller Trotter Trilogy (3 books)
  • Tilly Trotter (Tilly Trotter Trilogy, #1)
  • Tilly Trotter Wed (Tilly Trotter Trilogy, #2)