Start by marking “Stürmisches Spiel der Herzen (Lorimer Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stürmisches Spiel der Herzen (Lorimer Family, #2)

Stürmisches Spiel der Herzen (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #4)

A Simon & Schuster eBook. Simon & Schuster has a great book for every reader.
Paperback
Published February 12th 2008 by Bastei Lübbe (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Stürmisches Spiel der Herzen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stürmisches Spiel der Herzen

Denise
Mar 29, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: virgin-widow
Liz Carlyle brings us Giles' story who we met in A Woman of Virtue. He is a very lonely man with a heart that has been broken, mostly by his father. He is a lord and politician residing in London as he has nothing but tormented memories of his isolated castle estate. His war veteran Uncle resides there and has hired a new housekeeper, Aubrey Montford along with her young son.
When he gets a message that his uncle has been murdered, he goes to the family estate and meets Aubrey. The sparks soon f
Julianna
Dec 04, 2012 Julianna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
I'm not sure why I haven't picked up a Liz Carlyle romance in a while, probably just because I've been too busy with review books and other novels that caught my attention. She has never yet failed to give me a great read, and A Deal with the Devil was no exception. It was a pleasure to see Giles, a character I'd really liked in A Woman of Virtue, finally get his HEA. Even though it had been a long time since I'd read one of Liz Carlyle's books, I managed to almost instan
fleurette
For some reason, till now, I have only read one book by Liz Carlyle which is strange because I remember I really liked it and promise myself to read other books by this author. I did it now after five years and decided upon A Deal With the Devil. My previous book The Devil to Pay was a part of completely different series.

Unfortunately, A Deal With the Devil disappointed me a bit. As much as I liked the characters, I couldn't find any real feelings between them. I mean they were talking about lov
Ladiibbug
Mar 06, 2009 Ladiibbug rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Fans
#2 Devil trilogy - Historical Romance

Giles, Lord Walrafen & Aubrey Montford

Aubrey, a widowed housekeeper with a young son -- or so she claims -- finds a position at an isolated estate. Her employer is a difficult and reclusive elderly man, who wants only to drink himself to death in peace, thus leaving Aubrey to manage the Castle and estate holdings. With so many secrets, this arrangement fits Aubrey quite well.

When Giles, the nephew, returns from London, however, her anonymous and neatly o
Sara
May 16, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed seeing Walrafen again, and I was happy with the heroine and the setting. But the real star of the show, as always, was George Kemble -- I wonder if we'll ever be progressive enough as a society that we'll get a book with Kemble as the hero?
Marilyn
Oct 14, 2014 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: liz-carlyle
Aubrey Montford and Lord Walrafen. Pub March 2004.
Cruth
Author: Liz Carlyle
First published: 2004
Length: 375 pages
Setting: Regency, Somerset.
Sex: Frequent and very explicit. Somewhat aggressive. Questionable consent given the power imbalance and her fears.
Heroine: on the run. (view spoiler)
Hero: Parents were distant, father controlling. Needs to be loved.
Trigger: Suicide. Hero's mother may have killed herself (she was despondent). (view spoiler)
Oleta Blaylock
Mar 18, 2014 Oleta Blaylock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With this story we finally get to read about Giles Lorimer's, Earl of Walrafen, happily ever after. I have been hoping for this book for some time. Giles has seemed so sad and lonely since Cecilia married David Branthwaite, Viscount Delacourt. There was no indication of where Lord Walrafen’s home estate was since there has been no mention of it in the earlier books. I learned why in this story. I guess with the sad and angry memories that Giles has of the place I wouldn’t want to go there either ...more
Jultri
4.5/5
The mysterious Mrs Aubrey Montford arrived at the neglected estate of the Earl of Walrafen to apply for the position of housekeeper. She was reluctantly hired by his cranky cirrhotic uncle, in the absence of Giles Walrafen. Aubrey took on the job with great competence and confidence. She certainly was very forthcoming on estate matters and her opinions of such in her regular spirited letters to the absent Lord Walrafen. However, she was less than forthcoming with details of her past and her
Roberta
Jul 19, 2013 Roberta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency, fiction, romance
Widow on the run with young child finds job in a country house doing for crabby old drunk with a heart of gold. Old guy dies a suspicious death and handsome, brooding nephew shows up to investigate. Housekeeper is prime, but prime what? Steamy.

But how these series books usally work is that there is a romantic couple in the first book but we are also introduced to the bride's sisters or the groom's battle buddies. Then in the second book one of the characters we've been introduced to as a minor
Lisa
Jun 06, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Une romance très réussie, donc j'avais encore rien lu de cette auteure mais je compte bien changer cela. Une très belle plume, une intrigue passionnante qui prend une grande place avec presque une petite touche de roman gothique. L'histoire d'amour est très belle avec beaucoup de passion et de sentiments. Seul petit bémol, je n'ai pas trop aimé la façon dont les héros se rapprochent, pas assez romantique pour moi. Sinon ce livre aurait eu 5/5.
Gail
Nov 06, 2011 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. Heroine has escaped hanging for a crime she didn’t do, stolen a child to protect him and hidden out as a housekeeper for the Earl of Walrafen at the family seat he never visits. She looks after his uncle there, but when the uncle dies, the earl must finally go home and deal with the funeral and the accusation that the heroine may have murdered his kinsman. Very good story, up to Carlyle’s usual standards.
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
I really, really enjoyed this book, starting out with the letters the heroine wrote to the hero. Cracked me up a beauty! I loved the romance which was hot and the mystery kept me interested. To be honest quite often mysteries in my romance annoy me, but I liked this mystery and the outcome very much. My fave Liz Carlyle book so far...still got a few to go!
Jenn
Aug 09, 2009 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I like Liz Carlyle. Her writing is fast and sensual, her characters not too stereotypical. This is a solid entry in her literary list and if you like this, you will like the others on my list by her. She writes great love scenes.
Keri
Not one of my favs. Giles was a prig for way too long and Aubrey kept her distrust of Giles too long. Some parts of the books left a bad taste in my mouth and just didn't work for me.
Dawn
I really liked the story-line in this novel
Mitzi
I liked this one too....B+....Very entertaining and kept me turning the pages.
Brianna
was pretty good. this was a re-read for me.
Kindaangelic
Feb 10, 2010 Kindaangelic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love love love Liz Carlyle!....she writes a great book and keeps you interested thru out.
Ellen
The men from the home office series
Sue
Nov 20, 2016 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A new author for me and an entertaining read, I mean, who doesn't want to be the woman who brings the devil to his knees, so overcome is he by desire? (-: (PS: I found it entertaining that, when I typed "A Deal with the Devil" into Goodreads, no less than 6 books came up. What does that say about us? Probably that the TV show Lucifer is in no danger of cancellation anytime soon!)
Autumn
FINALLY FINISHED. I hated Giles in the beginning. I know some people like the demanding character that he was, but that makes me uncomfortable. And Aubrey keeping all these secrets - like guuurl, you're in a deep puddle.
Cbackson
Feb 07, 2013 Cbackson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The problem with this book, really, is that it wasn't written by Mary Balogh or Courtney Milan. Regency romance is a genre that's beset with class problems - in the real world, not all of those dukes and marquesses and margraves and vicomtes were champions of the working class best defined by their sense of noblesse oblige. Most authors ignore them. A few - like Balogh and Milan - tackle them head one. Carlyle, to her credit, has tried to do the latter, but the attempt comes far short.

The plot'
_inbetween_
Apr 20, 2008 _inbetween_ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As mentioned in previous reviews, I will change the stars later in some cases to reflect on other books read. I just couldn't say "I liked it", so currently it stays at the 1 star, since it was as unpleasant a read for me as most her writing now.

The story starts as a mix of her earlier "Woman Scorned" (unfairly maligned woman protects small boy child) and Beverley's "Dragon's Bride" (beautiful young housekeeper in remote castle he inherits), which all in all was ok. But when employer Walraven fo
Abby
Feb 05, 2009 Abby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It took me a while to figure out what bothered me about this book, but I think I finally put my finger on it. This is the first in the series where the characters changes aren't clearly motivated. Giles is a represeed political leader with no room in his life for anything else. Aubrey is a woman on the run, with dark secrets, who just wants to find some measure of safety and security for the child traveling with her. (Yeah, we've already seen Carlyle use that plot line before. See A Woman Scorne ...more
Juliette Cen
Apr 11, 2015 Juliette Cen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prenant
Bien plus dense que mes dernières expériences en romance historique, Un baiser diabolique (en VF) est un roman captivant de bout en bout.
Il contient de très belles scènes romantiques et une intrigue passionnante en prime.
La fluidité du récit est telle qu'il se lit très vite, les éléments sont maîtrisés du début à la fin.
On peut reprocher le choix d'une rencontre "tardive" des deux héros, moi j'y ai vu l'intelligence de l'auteure qui pose son univers avant de plonger le lecteur dans une romance a
Gwen
Jun 02, 2014 Gwen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-p
Je dois dire que je suis surprise par cette lecture, je ne m’attendais pas à cela de la part de l’auteur.
L’intrigue et le rythme sont bien faits. On a envie de savoir ce qu’il va se passer. Après ce n’est le livre avec une histoire des plus originale… le rythme et l’intrigue sont beaucoup pour cette lecture ainsi que l’habilité de l’auteur a nous faire tenir jusqu’au bout. Ce n’est pas le meilleur de Liz Carlyle.
Dès le début on s’en que quelque chose cloche avec l’héroïne et on peut le deviner
Sookies
Jul 27, 2014 Sookies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'ai passé un excellent moment dans cet univers à la fois riche et enivrant. On se prête facilement au jeu de l'enquête, à l'étroitesse des murs de Cardow ou tout se sait à un moment ou à un autre, au passé de la mystérieuse Mrs Montfort et enfin... A l'histoire d'amour, qui a su me donner des papillons dans le ventre comme il se doit.

Mon avis complet ici : http://sook-book.over-blog.net/articl...
Kit
Sep 03, 2009 Kit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good, solid romance between a hard working politically motivated earl and a Lady on the run that serves as a housekeeper at his estate he never visits. A slowly built story- it takes three year for them to meet. He finally goes to the estate after the death/murder of his beloved uncle.
The tone of the story was serious for the most part. The characters were interesting enough to keep me up late finishing it. Giles character was a pleasant surprise.
Lauren
Dec 17, 2014 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really like Liz Carlyle and this book was a nice read, although I'm a little tired of the conflict in a story really just being a misunderstanding. I don't have high-falootin' expectations around romance novels, and this absolutely delivered. I enjoyed the characters, dialogue and dynamic of the love story. Sold.
  • Lord of a Thousand Nights (Medieval #6)
  • Never A Lady
  • The Famous Heroine (Stapleton-Downes, #5)
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
  • One Night of Passion (Danvers, # 1)
  • Once Upon a Wedding Night (The Derrings, #1)
  • Not Quite a Lady (Carsington Brothers, #4)
  • The Temptation of Your Touch (Burke Brothers, #2)
  • A Waltz at Midnight
  • After the Kiss
  • Voices of the Night (Signet Eclipse) (Night, #4)
  • Duke of Sin (Duke Trilogy, #1)
  • That Scandalous Evening (Governess Brides, #1)
  • Simply Scandalous
  • A Notorious Love (Swanlea Spinsters, #2)
  • His Scandal (His Trilogy, #2)
21944
Dear Readers,

The awful truth about novelists is that we are mostly dull, introverted homebodies who only write in order to live our fantasies vicariously. I came to writing rather late in life, and I’m still amazed I can get paid for doing something I love, and that I get to stay home while I do it.

My favorite comedian Steve Martin once said, "I believe entertainment can aspire to be art, and ca
More about Liz Carlyle...

Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron (5 books)
  • My False Heart (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron, #1)
  • A Woman Scorned (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #2)
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • Wicked All Day (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #5)