Start by marking “Night Shadow (T-FLAC, #14)” as Want to Read:
Night Shadow (T-FLAC, #14)

Night Shadow (T-FLAC #14)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  874 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Aside from working for T-FLAC (and having the same last name), Lexi Stone and Alex Stone are polar opposites, right down to Lexi’s mere mortality and Alex’s paranormal powers. And though Lexi disdains Alex’s rule-breaking bravado, she can’t ignore how his roguish charm makes her heart race.

But Lexi’s secret desires clash head-on with her duties when suspicions arise that A
Published November 24th 2009 by Ballantine (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Night Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Shadow

Bark's Book Nonsense
I'm quitting this one for several reasons:

1. It's boring. I was cleaning up the doggie droppings in the yard and found my mind drifting. If a book can't hold my attention when I'm doing that chore something is seriously wrong.

2. The heroine is a rookie who "forgets" to wear her safety gear on her 1st mission out. Seriously? I'm supposed to believe this? And, yep, you guessed it she gets shot. Not to worry though she's ok (figures).

3. It's #15 in a series and what I've read so far does not make m
Julie (jjmachshev)
Sex, wizards, and clones. Oh, and a super-duper bad wizard guy who is defeated by the WOMEN! I think that was my favorite thing about "Night Shadow", the conclusion to Cherry Adair's trilogy.

Alexis Stone has finally made it out from behind her research desk and is now a full-fledged T-FLAC field op and on her first mission. The fact that said mission will mean she can work with the mouth-watering Alex Stone (absolutely no relation...thank God) is neither here nor there. At least that's what she
Mel W
Loved this book. Kick-ass main characters. Funny. Sexy. Great series. Want to start back at the beginning and read them all over again.
LibraryLass
Great book, terrific ending to the trilogy. All my answers from the first 2 books wrapped up together very nicely in this package.
Mom
I was a little disappointed in this one - just didn't pull everything together real well. What a concept though.

Aside from working for the international anti-terrorism agency T-FLAC (and having the same last name), Lexi Stone and Alex Stone are polar opposites, right down to Lexi’s mere mortality and Alex’s paranormal powers. While straight-arrow Lexi pushes paper at an Internal Affairs desk, renegade Alex is busy pushing the envelope as he pursues the most dangerous global criminals. And though
Slone
Blech. I really didn't like this. I started it as part of an online book club, and figured the confusing parts would be explained in the remaining book. I did a little research, saw it was part of a series and assumed (my fault) that it, like other series, would clue in newbies to the party. Nope. Most of it was left to the reader to suss out. (Was Adair trying to make up for what seemed like a plot that was overlapping with two other books?)

The jumping from place to place does not make up for t
Kathy
Natalie
This is book 15 in the T-FLAC series and it's one of the T-FLAC/PSI-Ops stories. I've read 4 others from this big series and this is the only one that I've actually enjoyed all the way through without ever rolling my eyes. I really dislike the regular T-FLAC books and won't read any more of them but the PSI-Ops books are pretty good. I think this was the last of 3 in another of the "trilogy within the main series". Maybe I liked it because it was the last book and all the drama and intrigue got ...more
Jodi
It's hard to pick up a series in the middle, but this was an audiobook to review and I didn't want to go and read 13 other books first. The audiobook reader was excellent but the story itself didn't make a lot of sense to me. The "rules" of the world didn't feel consistent or even possible. Also, the fact that the hero and heroine were Alex and Lexi Stone (no relation) was annoying in audio. It would have been fine in print. It was supposed to be deliberately confusing but audio made it more so. ...more
Caroline
The final book in this mini-series. This is Alex's story; the final 'brother'. I love the fact that his lady has the same surname which greats some lovely moments in the book. Lexi is a very different woman from the previous books and that is what makes this a great series. All the characters have their own personalities.

It's obvious who the 'baddie' is but Cherry Adair does a great job of keeping the story going and making it interesting.

My only gripe is that I would have liked to have had mo
Tina
**DNF at 52%.**

As much as I love Cherry Adair's earlier T-Flac books and writing overall, I struggle with her PNR ones. This was a reread attempt since I had read it when it first came out back when Adair was still on insta-buy for me. I really miss the days when she wrote straight-up romantic suspense. This isn't a completely bad book though (and please don't base your opinion on whether to buy/read it on my views). At times I enjoyed it well enough, but… then some woo-woo stuff would happen (i
Sheri Fredricks
Let me start off by saying I'm a huge Cherry Adair fan. I've read every one of her T-Flac books, this one being the last published in the series to date. Each one reads better than the last. Each character, familiar ones and the new, are brought together to work as a team and defeat the bad guys. Gun toting, muscular hot men; kick-ass, beautiful, smart women. Adair really brings you into the action and makes all the scenes come to life. Each book can read as a stand-alone, but I found reading th ...more
Riona
This is the third book in the Psi T-FLAC series, 15th in the T-FLAC series.

Lexi and Alex Stone's story. (Same last name - no relation)

Lexi is awesome. She's got a photographic memory. She's a font of information, useless and otherwise.

Alex is the T-FLAC bad boy. He's a wizard and he's Texan - he thinks he's larger than life, naturally....

IA (internal affairs) has sent Lexi to Alex's team to see if he's turning to the dark side. Alex's powers are flickering and being a man - he doesn't let anyone
Cindy
Night Shadow is the first of Cherry's psi/TFLAC books I read and was immediately caught up in it from the first page. Alex Stone and Lexi Stone are both TFLAC agents. Lexi is a by-the-book internal affairs operative and Alex does whatever he can to get his man. Lexi is sent on her first mission in the field with Alex with dual purposes, one as a TFLAC operative and the other as an internal affairs spy to investigate Alex to see if he is switching sides who is having erratic behavior because his ...more
JoAnn
Cherry Adair is one of my favorite authors when she writes non-psi T-FLAC novels. This final book of this "Night" trilogy is the first one I have read and I am not planning on reading the others, even though I do like her characters, so, never say never.
I did read all of the "Edge" books, so I was somewhat familiar with the psi part of the T-FLAC universe and even enjoyed seeing Duncan and Lark again, it just isn't my cup of tea. I am glad that Kiss and Tell which is set in the mere mortal T-FLA
Garmieturtel
While quite a bit of this set of three within the series has been extremely beyond belief, the fact that it was all wrapped up in a nutshell, added a fourth star.
Stephanie
Alex Stone is a T-FLAC agent who is on the search for a terrorist wizard who is causing havoc all over the world. Lexi Stone works in the Internal Affairs division of T-FLAC and her mission is to find proof that Alex is a traitor to the organization. When they are forced to work together on a mission in Moscow that involves a massacre at a train station they discover they also have to fight their rising attraction to each other. Night Shadow is a great conclusion to this three-book trilogy insid ...more
Jamie
This is the 3rd in a series of Cherry Adair's TFLAC with wizards books...romantic paranormal stuff. I like them but due to watching too much TV at night I've had trouble getting into this one. I'll keep trying though because I enjoyed the other two before this.

UPDATE: 5/19/09 Can't seem to get into this one and I'm sorry about that because it's one in a series and I've enjoyed the rest up until now. I doubt I'll finish this one...I'm backed up with books I want/need/desire to read so this one wi
Kathrynn
I made it to page 124 and gave up. Too much jumping around! Some scenes didn't make sense to me. Bored with the overall plot that I already figured out. I think it's silly to have wizards that are "powerful" and every book their powers are on the fritz. Did not see the love scene coming and wonder what the heck the author thought throwing random scene changes in all of a sudden.

Moving on to something more enjoyable for me.

July
Alex Stone is paired up with Lexi Stone no relation. She has been working with the agency at a desk until now. Her mission is to kick some butt, kill if necessary and report back to T-Flac if Alex has switched sides. Things get very dangerous when it becomes clear that there are clones that look just like Alex and maybe taking his power. Now if only they will believe her.
This is a pretty good book. And a great ending to the trilogy.
Kendra
Night Shadow concluded the trilogy neatly. I enjoyed reading this one more than the other two. We finally get to the real story that took the other two books to set up, so that's probably why I took to this story. There were some minor plot points that bugged me, but I could basically overlook them and enjoy the fast-paced action. I wouldn't read this one without reading the first two; You would be so lost! 'B-' rating, recommended.
Linda
Sydney McBride is a writer and needs a story to help boost her career. She thinks she has found it at a spa where she meets Lucas Fox. Lucas is a wizard and works in the paranormal division of T-Flac. Read the book and find out what happens when a naked Lucas pops into Sydney’s cabin. I think you’ll enjoy it..
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
I tried again and I'm glad I did. This kind of changed again from the original beginning of the series. We are now more into the paranormal psychics again. While I did enjoy the story, the characters were just okay for me. Unless you are a Adair fan and lover of T-FLAC, this story may be just so-so for you.
Sandy
I liked this book the best of the inner 'triology' - but mainly because it wrapped everything up. I was not all that keen on the whole wizard / magic aspect drawn into the T-FLAC books, but maybe that's just me. It left it a little too unrealistic for me. Still a good book & worthwhile read.
Marcela
Actually i was pleasantly surprised!!!!
Wafaa
I thought this book was amazing! It action packed and filled with romance. I love their names. Overall I think that it was a great book. I love the story line and all the action that was built into it.
Amy
The next in the T-FLAC series is pretty good. It almost borders on the sci-fi with some of the characters paranormal abilities (like teleporting) and that sometimes makes this series hard for me to read.
Mandi
IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO ACTUALLY FIND THIS BOOK SINCE IT WAS ONLY AVAILABLE IN HARDCOVER. I finally got it on my kindle app and read it in one day I loved it so much! Definitely worth the wait!!!
Laura DeSimone
Loved the Night Series. The Characters were carried over and the book kept me turning page after page. It is romance and adventure all wrapped up in one.
Janna
I liked the author's earlier books much better. I enjoy fantasy, but I don't think the whole wizard thing was done well. The book was OK.
  • Risk No Secrets (Black Ops, #5)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Hunt Her Down (Bullet Catcher, #7)
  • The Samms Agenda (Smithson Group SG-5, #3)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Crossfire (High Risk #2)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • Ultimate Weapon (McClouds & Friends, #6)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
Always an adventurer in life as well as writing, New York Times best-selling author Cherry Adair moved halfway across the globe from Cape Town, South Africa to the United States in her early years to become a interior designer. Now a resident of the Pacific Northwest she shares the award- winning adventures of her fictional T-FLAC counter terrorism operatives with her readers.

Cherry settled in bea
More about Cherry Adair...
Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6) Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2) The Mercenary (T-FLAC, #1) Undertow (Cutter Cay #1) Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)